What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I think Velocicoaster pips this one just, but it looks very decent. The outer-banked airtime hill definitely appears to be like the highlight. I think personally the reverse spike seems a bit unnecessary though...

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks fantastic. Can't help but already compare it with VelociCoaster (I think that'll stay on top overall). Layout and elements seem pretty subjective of what you would prefer, but the big thing lacking here is any use of scenery or interaction. I hope they plan to put some trees in or fill it up a little more.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Bring one to Tampa, please!
Open the first coaster we sent you first! 😜

Layout definitely looks promising, especially excited for that massive sweeping turn after the top hat. It’s also interesting to see how the swing launch is designed, definitely looks promising, an especially excited for that massive sweeping turn after the top hat. It’s also interesting to see how the launch is designed, really two launches with the airtime in the middle.

The VC comparison was always inevitable - indeed will be super curious to give this thing a ride at some point down the road for a proper head to head battle.

opivy028

Mega Poster
Looks like a great ride for sure, it’s just always a bit disappointing to see a ride have so much momentum and not have more elements. A great looking ride but short.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
definitely looks promising, an especially excited for that massive sweeping turn after the top hat.
Then it repeats the section of text before it. Please go back and try again....again.

Or, I'll make a correction.
Layout definitely looks promising, especially excited for that massive sweeping turn after the top hat. It’s also interesting to see how the swing launch is designed, really two launches with the airtime in the middle.
Fixed. :)

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
but the big thing lacking here is any use of scenery or interaction. I hope they plan to put some trees in or fill it up a little more.
Absolutely this. Empty field coasters are almost as bad as parking lot coasters. And while I don't expect Busch to go IOA on this, a few trees and maybe a tunnel or some Roman walls, columns, ....architecture of some sort? Would go a long way with interacting with the layout. For a ride thats been there like 3 years now, would it have killed them to plant a few trees?
Still gonna be awesome but we gotta find some way to bitch about it!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yesssss been waiting for this. Hype is growing! Can't wait to ride this beast.
I do agree, I always felt the layout could be longer given how much speed it has. Not sure I'd say it's short, but absolutely wish it had a little more to it. Still, looks fantastic and finally most hyped ride of 2020 is here lol

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
Anyone have a rough estimate on how much total track length this ride covers, including the forward/backward/forward traverses of the swing launch?

I mean, I get that it screams into the brake run with a lot of energy to burn, but the overall ride time still seems solid to me.

Anyway, that POV looks pretty damn boss!

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Anyone have a rough estimate on how much total track length this ride covers, including the forward/backward/forward traverses of the swing launch?

I mean, I get that it screams into the brake run with a lot of energy to burn, but the overall ride time still seems solid to me.

Anyway, that POV looks pretty damn boss!
Official length is 3,328 ft. I'll let others weigh in with hot takes on the exact length of the launch. ;)

Trax

Hyper Poster
Personally I have an issue with this ride, that I just can’t point out exactly. The elements look mostly good (except for the top hat, which is always an element to look good but ride mediocre), but the flow just feels off. It looks like they wanted a bunch of good elements in a short layout, and that causes the flow to suffer. Just compare how the transitions feel between Pantheon and e.g. Velocicoaster or a new gen Vekoma. Especially the latter ones feel like every element is at its position because it fits in naturally. Contrary to that, Pantheon feels forced and arbitrary.
I am sure that it will be a fun ride, and I will enjoy it, but the designer inside of me is screaming watching the POVs.

Last edited:

Luca B

Mega Poster
Personally I have an issue with this ride, that I just can’t point out exactly. The elements look mostly good (except for the top hat, which is always an element too look good but ride mediocre), but the flow just feels off. It looks like they wanted a bunch of good elements in a shirt layout, and that causes the flow to suffer. Just compare how the transitions feel between Pantheon and e.g. Velocicoaster or a new gen Vekoma. Especially the latter ones feel like every element is at its position because it fits in naturally. Contrary to that, Pantheon feels forced and arbitrary.
I am sure that it will be a fun ride, and I will enjoy it, but the designer inside of me is screaming watching the POVs.
How is the top hat mediocre, it looks like probably the best element on the ride to me. The ejector in the back looks like it could really deliver.

Trax

Hyper Poster
How is the top hat mediocre, it looks like probably the best element on the ride to me. The ejector in the back looks like it could really deliver.
Because all Top hats ride not half as good as they look. You get a very brief, intense pop of ejector either on entry or exit, but thats all. The rest of the time, you wait for something to happen. The train takes several seconds to clear the element, but the only time something is actually happening is that split second of abrubt ejector you get in the front or back row.
Sure, if you like a split second pop of ejector, you will love that element. But personally, I think even a bunny hop delivers better airtime than a tophat.