What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | InvadR | Family GCI

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2017

Not sure if this was brought up or not, but I googled that VHB company described in the plans and they're infrastructure engineers. I feel like these are legit plans for legit stuff the park plans to do, but presented as a red herring for a completely different marketing project.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Yeah, turns out this may not be fake at all. Someone on BGWFans made an in-depth analysis of the area with the given documents.

http://bgwfans.com/2016/project-2017-site-plans/

So the article essentially gives the queue, entrance plaza, exit, station, etc. It also tells of an underground tunnel of 24-ish feet. It also shows areas of greenspace that shouldn't be affected by the addition, giving a general idea of the layout.

Right now, I'm going to guess a Mack spinner ala Cobra's Curse. Then again, it is very early documents that were quite intentionally released. Anything could happen.

Edit: Here's a map of the area with the constrictions/given info.

fvpRKVX.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^That

Sounds like they are trying to be Six Flags Virginia with this move

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^I'd say KD is more the SF of Virginia, as this place has some pretty good theming, whereas KD put a giant NASCAR Giga in the Safari-themed area.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster

I try not to criticize BG too much as it's my favorite U.S. park, but this looks poor.

Is a launched RMC in Ireland too much to ask for?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

If It's a Mack Spinner than i'm already disinterested. I believe the layout is real, I'm hoping mack spinner is fake.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
^I'd say KD is more the SF of Virginia, as this place has some pretty good theming, whereas KD put a giant NASCAR Giga in the Safari-themed area.
Premier Sky rocket than a mack spinner? Acting kind of Six flagsy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend

If it is a Mack spinner. Lets all seriously hope that it's similar to Lost Gravity!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
If it is a Mack spinner. Lets all seriously hope that it's similar to Lost Gravity!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.
That would be a dream come true, wouldn't it? I'd also be happy with something like Veil of Dark even though that's Gerstlauer.

Ben

CF Legend

^NO.

Not when the other options are RMC and B&M Flyer!

BGW is such a gorgeous park it deserves so much more than a cheap spinner :'(

Ben

CF Legend

Double post but urgh they've posted a picture of the Log Flume saying have you seen a photo of the plans.

So maybe these are real.

I just don't know.

If it's a Spinner after that **** Premier I'm gonna cry and then cut myself.

Edit - people think it's just more diversion. BGW are so good at this I'm so confused and excited it's like being sixteen again.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

This is either going to be one of the biggest let downs or the biggest diversion in the theme park industry in a long time(although Southport's crane was a huge letdown as well, so there's that).

Lofty

CF Legend

Ben said:
Double post but urgh they've posted a picture of the Log Flume saying have you seen a photo of the plans.

So maybe these are real.

I just don't know.

If it's a Spinner after that **** Premier I'm gonna cry and then cut myself.

Edit - people think it's just more diversion. BGW are so good at this I'm so confused and excited it's like being sixteen again.
You can remember back that far?

I understand why parks have to diversify their additions to parks in order to appease certain clientele bases, but I don't understand why they choose such **** products? (If this is a spinner).

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Yeah, if this isn't a major... And I mean real major... Coaster, they are literally begging for a backlash.

Don't start an exciting PR campaign and then fart out a wet turd. Just don't.

People always pipe in and make some comment about how were not the majority audience and the GP will love it and whatever, and I'm sure anyone involved with the project who happens to read our discontent will think the same... But that's bull. For one, people arent stupid, and its obvious something like Fast Pasta Sauce is a cheap thing compared to Apollo behind, OK? Secondly, this is 2016. Everyone's got social media. Every enthusiast you could have had on your side now has the potential to tell all their non-nerd friends about your cheap investment and why it's poo.

I hope its something substantial - I don't mind if its a family ride that's good and well made and what not. And to be fair, years ago I said how great one of the MS spinners would be at both Busch parks to cater them more to families whilst still providing a decent thrill for adults. So, eh. I just don't trust any non MS spinners to be good.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The park uploaded 2 more videos. One of which is actually showing that they intentionally put up those plans.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPofruRjjhQ[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU3WP5_AXKs[/youtubevid]

I like these! This is going to be a project to look out for. As long as it's not a let down, I'm very intrigued!