What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Falcon's Fury | Intamin Drop Tower

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, looks much much better with that paint job.

I read a rumor on Screamscape that the ride might not be ready to open until the fall, but another rumor said there could be a soft opening later this month.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
And team member previews have started. I guess we are a step closer to an actual soft-opening.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepRMXXx3cg[/youtube]

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Jealous :(

But that's ok. I'm ready to drop everything and run out to Tampa as soon as its taking day guests and hopefully they still include a pass-holder event.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
CanobieFan said:
But that's ok. I'm ready to drop everything and run out to Tampa as soon as its taking day guests and hopefully they still include a pass-holder event.

Time to go! :D

10499517_10152595464959330_1019214278961764810_o.jpg

Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa just soft opened to all park guests. Keep in mind that soft openings mean the ride may close at any time. No official opening date has been announced yet.

Source

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, I heard that it soft opened last night but it was raining pretty hard here in Orlando so I didn't wanna risk the hour+ drive just to get stormed out. I'll make my run Wednesday or Thursday <3

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
OK! So after a few unsuccessful attempts to ride this damn ride...
15163417365_ea0de00bfb.jpg

I was in fact, able to ride Falcons Fury today, 4 times in a row (zero line.... empty seats being sent out) The seats are surprisingly roomy but the ops do a good job off pinning you in, for obvious reasons. They made me take my glasses off for the ride (although if your one to ride with a fashionable strap, that *is* allowed ) The ride up is pretty quick and the view is lovely, all 4 of my rides were on the same side (two were in the same seat) but from the side I rode you could see all of SheiKra, Scorpion, and Gwazi... as well as downtown Tampa and even St. Petersburg and the bay. The tilt is pretty amazing. Its a pretty big mind (blank) but just... fantastic! Sadly the drop isn't that good. Its more like a fast rushing toward the ground but it doesn't feel like freefall or a drop tower or even falling. Its just fast motion. Most people getting off the ride seemed to love it and that's great for the park. Seeing people super excited to have ridden your ride must feel good... but I was left feeling something missing, I guess its hard to explain. That being said, I liked it enough to jump back on a few more times. Hopefully the park can ease-up on the extensive trimming on the ride after its been open a while (like what BGW did with Mach)

And for what its worth.. I'd still take Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, Hurakan Condor, and Acrophobia over it