What's new

Bubble Car?

Snoo

The Legend
I have NEVER seen that before.. or even heard of it. I also watched that video and it was actually quite shocking that they do that.. in a 'whoa.. so THAT'S how they do it' kinda sense.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I'm not sure if they're the only park that uses one, but the guy said that that's what B&M uses on their coasters, so...

Snoo

The Legend
87487238.jpg

There it is.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Ah, so B&M came up with the ball coaster before Intamin :lol:

I remember seeing one of these in the maintenance bay on Silver Bullet, and thought it was pretty cool.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't get the video to load. I assume it doesn't just roll round the track, so it it powered by wheels or does it use winches etc?

That's so cool! I wanna ride in a bubble car!

But yes, I do expect it would use something to pull it along the track, considering they are used for inspections. If it just flew through the circuit, I doubt much inspecting could be done, haha.

RCF

Strata Poster
I think I've heard of the bubble car. I'm pretty sure each park has a bubble car for most steel coasters.

Gazza

Giga Poster
It actually has an onboard petrol motor, and I assume the wheels just grip the track really tightly:
Heres the only photo I have of the one at Knotts:

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Don't get why the video isn't loading for people, worked fine for me. But definitely interesting to see how that works. I had never seen/heard of the bubble car before. Other parts were interesting too with Drop Tower didn't realize how quick they had to do all that. Nice video overall!

LiveForTheLaunch said:
That's so cool! I wanna ride in a bubble car!
It travels roughly 1 mile per hour though... still fun to try out I guess.

RollerCoasterFanatic said:
I think I've heard of the bubble car. I'm pretty sure each park has a bubble car for most steel coasters.
I don't think each park has then for most steel coasters :wink: . But it does sound like it's not uncommon for B&Ms.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Absolutely none. From the video, you can see that the bubble is always level.

I guess they're just not very noticeable. I'll have to look for them now.

RCF

Strata Poster
I still think they're pretty cool. Imagine going up to the tallest loop in the world at 1 mph? Some crazy **** that is.

Slash

Giga Poster
Exactly, you'd be scared of being in it in case you fell out. Imagine it on Griffon's drop :D

A-Kid

Giga Poster
B&M's have balls. I learn something new everyday.

Bloody sure Ive seen a video of that pod going around SB.