What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Wallace & Gromit Confirmed For Pleasure Beach

^ Me. It's **** terrible. I can't actually stand anything to do with it, at all. I've always been like this.

Waffleman

Mega Poster

Wallace and Gromit is quite a big IP, so I'd imagine they'll have to do a good job of it. Also, wasn't it originally meant to be opening this summer? The signage says opening 2013, which gives them quite a while to completely change the ride.

I'm just glad to see some investment going into a dark ride in the UK, it doesn't have to be amazing to be the best dark ride in the country.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

Waffleman said:
Wallace and Gromit is quite a big IP, so I'd imagine they'll have to do a good job of it. Also, wasn't it originally meant to be opening this summer? The signage says opening 2013, which gives them quite a while to completely change the ride.

I'm just glad to see some investment going into a dark ride in the UK, it doesn't have to be amazing to be the best dark ride in the country.

It was decided quite a while back that it wouldn't be ready for 2012, it was always going to be planned for 2013, due to the changes being made to the actual location of the ride being a bigger job than originally expected.

It'll be another good investment for Pleasure Beach, pretty much like everything else since Infusion.

A new coaster will be the priority after this, I am 100% certain of that.

Lofty

CF Legend

I wouldn't say a coaster is 100%, but I'd easily say a Thrill Ride of some kind will be 100%.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:
I wouldn't say a coaster is 100%, but I'd easily say a Thrill Ride of some kind will be 100%.

I was talking major developments, not filler attractions. ;)

I seriously wouldn't pin your hopes on a new ''thrill ride'', it's quite evident that the current owners don't see a great attraction to them or we'd of seen at least one of them added since 2004.

Ben

CF Legend

Scott88 said:
Lofty said:

I seriously wouldn't pin your hopes on a new ''thrill ride'', it's quite evident that the current owners don't see a great attraction to them or we'd of seen at least one of them added since 2004.

Infusion?

Temleh

Mega Poster

Ben said:
Scott88 said:
Lofty said:

Infusion?

By thrill ride I think they mean "flat ride". :)

Lofty

CF Legend

No, when I say Thrill Ride, I mean THRILLING Ride. Coaster, or not...

marc

CF Legend

They will probably get a top spin that way they can combine a ride with fountains :)

Temleh

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
No, when I say Thrill Ride, I mean THRILLING Ride. Coaster, or not...

And I meant Scott as he was talking about no flat ride installations since Bling in 2004 as he didn't count Infusion.

Waffleman

Mega Poster

No, he's saying that Infusion wasn't a major development, which it wasn't. No matter how much they tried to flog it off as one.

Temleh

Mega Poster

In 2004 Bling was added. There hasn't been another white knuckle flat ride added since.

Ben

CF Legend

Cool.

Bicko said there hadn't been another thrill ride. Which is wrong.

alexr

Hyper Poster

I think he could be meaning a new thrill ride since 2004.

Ben

CF Legend

Infusion is a thrill ride.

The term you're thinking of is flat ride.

Nic

Strata Poster

Robbie said:
Ollie said:
They did well with Nick Land
As they've got Nick Land, this attraction should be part of Nick Park :wink:
LOL! That joke is so utterly ****, it's amazing!

Oh, and Lofty is wrong, W&G are Fab <3

Bonus points to Marc. The obligatory PBB fountain gag made me chuckle.

Also, as nobody has mentioned it for at least a page or two *cough*suchacred*cough

Scott88

Hyper Poster

Waffleman said:
No, he's saying that Infusion wasn't a major development, which it wasn't. No matter how much they tried to flog it off as one.

I was talking about flat rides, not coasters. Infusion was a major development to Pleasure Beach, just because it wasn't a gimmicky ride like Alton Towers often build doesn't mean it shouldn't of been considered as a major change.

Pleasure Beach aren't likely to put it in any flat rides, they are more likely to focus on family rides like W&G and a new coaster.

I still don't get the obsession with PB having a fountain, plenty of other theme parks have them.

alexr

Hyper Poster

Another quite big Update, the buildings been completely stripped

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Few more here

Martyn B

CF Legend

So they're actually doing this properly then? Unlike the Space Invader building, which just had stuff stuck around it...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Wow they seem to working really fast on this, I should hopefully be going next weekend, so I will get a few pics of the consruction.