What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

T0M

Hyper Poster
Re: Wallace & Gromit Confirmed For Pleasure Beach

As long as there's Peter Sallis audio, I'll be impressed.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Oh, so it's different to what I was told back in October. The layout looked different on the plans compared to the exisiting layout. The 2013 opening bit was correct though.

Lofty

CF Legend

As far as I've been told and am aware, it's merely a change of trains and theming. I'd have thought they need to completely change the track too?! If they do, they'd probably change some parts of the layout!

XYZ

Roller Poster

Isn't Wallace & Gromit forgotten? I live in the US, so I don't know about the popularity of it in the UK.

Though, PBB really needs a nice, new coaster.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

XYZ said:
Isn't Wallace & Gromit forgotten? I live in the US, so I don't know about the popularity of it in the UK.
There's no new productions in the pipeline, although the last short film got 20m viewers on TV in 2008 and their educational series (World of Invention) got around 6m every week two years later. The characters are perennially popular, and the spinoff series (Shaun The Sheep and TimmyTime) are still going strong.

As Lancashire-based characters they're ideal for Blackpool - but should have been put in 10 or 15 years ago!

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

I think it'll be successful, but probably not to the extent of Nickelodeon, which seems to be more well known nowadays.

Lofty

CF Legend

I really am not looking forward to Wallace and Vomit: The Ride. This sounds absolutely disgusting.

It is true, I've always thought of W&G as a dying brand. It's a pity it doesn't...

Ben

CF Legend

Why do people have such venom towards the show...?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster

Bit annoyed they're keeping the same track system. It's far too noisy. It works for the Gold Mine, but a brand new ride? I think it's far too old fashoined, so hopefully that gets sorted out because it should be silent really.

I think that W & G is a great brand to get. It's on every Christmas and appeals to every generation. I'm 21 and can relate as I watched it when I was a kid, and the kids today know the characters too so I think it's a great idea.

Of course it won't be as popular as Nickleoodeon Land, because it's one brand and one ride, but it's great to see the aftermath of that Nick investment. An Irn Bru retheme, this and Valhalla refurb is more than what we could've hoped for a few years back.

Lofty

CF Legend

bezzzzzer said:
I think it's far too old fashioned.
Just like the show...

In all honesty, I agree with you, it does need a LOT of work on the track and cars, it's so loud and just, seems slightly rough for a dark ride. At least they keep that fred drop ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'm going to miss that 'charm' that Gold Mine had. I dont know how old it actually it is, but it always felt like one of the 'classics' at BPB, so I am gutted that its gone.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

It was 60's wasn't it? It wasn't even charming, it was just dull. Apart from Indiana Jones frozen in carbonite (HA Sue!), that was epic. I'd love to get my hands on that bit of theming :)

Ollie

CF Legend

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. They did well with Nick Land and anything is better than Goldmine. Plus Wallace and Gromit are cool and very British which fits the park well. :)

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Ollie said:
They did well with Nick Land
As they've got Nick Land, this attraction should be part of Nick Park :wink:

peep

CF Legend

Yeah I agree, they did surprisingly well with the Nick area. I'm intrigued to see what they do with this. Doubt it'll be enough to get me back though.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I went on the goldmine alot as a child, but it just didn't bother me if I didn't go on it. I hope they do this well, because it could become an enoying ride. And who doesn't love Wallace and Gromit.