What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Potential New Attraction on Trauma Towers Spot

Matt N

CF Legend
Very exciting! An Intamin Gyroswing is a very good guess, I must admit, but dare I suggest... a Mack XTREME Spinning Coaster? Could the cogs imply spinning? Or am I reading far too deeply into this? It seems far too early for BPB to be teasing something like a Gyroswing, if you ask me; as good as Gyroswings apparently are, most parks probably wouldn't tease one until 2019 at the earliest.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Why on earth would an image where the central focus is a fob watch with coaster track in it; be advertising for a GyroSwing?
Given Blackpool's low visitors numbers this year I'd be very surprised if there's a new coaster in 2020.

Last edited:

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Amanda posted the image on her twitter account but it has since been removed.

Many people say that Icon was part one of a 2 ride deal with Mack.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^I assume you are referring to this image of a tweet posted on Towersstreet.
image0.png

There's a very rough outline/overlap of white shades around the profile pic and name at the top where someone has photoshopped/cut it in. Just another fake.

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Made on photoshop by a fan and posted on an Alton Towers fan forum with 0 sources. Legit.
I did post the image on TowersStreet, but I’d just like to clarify that I wasn’t the person who found / created the image. @Temleh can back me up on that.

And I’m just going to repost what I have already said on TowersStreet – I’ve spoken again to the person who “found” the image, and I’m really starting to doubt it’s legitimacy to be honest, not least because I have just found out that they were one of the people who were involved in the RMC Grand National “joke”. So yeah, I think it is very highly likely the image is fake. :(

Sandman

Giga Poster
Links for sources are always the best bet... images like this with no original source means literally nothing. There's no lead at all. Nice to speculate but don't want to give legitimacy to someone who has actually taken the time out to make up total lies.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I know PBB aren't known for amazing concept/teaser art but my god did some of you really think they'd ever let something that looked so cheap get published? It looks like the work of somebody who downloaded Photoshop just to "give it a go" and decided to create fake teasers because they have nothing better to do/they finished their homework early.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
I know PBB aren't known for amazing concept/teaser art but my god did some of you really think they'd ever let something that looked so cheap get published? It looks like the work of somebody who downloaded Photoshop just to "give it a go" and decided to create fake teasers because they have nothing better to do/they finished their homework early.

To be honest, yes, I could believe it. Blackpool really aren't the most subtle when it comes to their aesthetic. On the other hand, no one wants a classy version of Blackpool pleasure beach. It's loud, it's brash, it doesn't try to pretend that it's home to a secretive, anti-technology cult that ultimately doesn't know the value of not going for that one last "grunge" texture layer in Photoshop...and that's OK. They know their market.

Also, that's blatantly not someone's first go at Photoshop. That's a bored amateur who's been practising for years in their bedroom, whose mum thinks they're "good at computers", but who's never bothered to consider reading a book about design. The very least they could have done is download a similar looking typeface to the one that BPB use from 1001freefonts.

Sandman

Giga Poster
We've basically just avoided 30 pages of discussion on how the font means it's definitely a wing coaster. Phew!

Ethan

Strata Poster
To be honest, yes, I could believe it. Blackpool really aren't the most subtle when it comes to their aesthetic. On the other hand, no one wants a classy version of Blackpool pleasure beach. It's loud, it's brash, it doesn't try to pretend that it's home to a secretive, anti-technology cult that ultimately doesn't know the value of not going for that one last "grunge" texture layer in Photoshop...and that's OK. They know their market.

Also, that's blatantly not someone's first go at Photoshop. That's a bored amateur who's been practising for years in their bedroom, whose mum thinks they're "good at computers", but who's never bothered to consider reading a book about design. The very least they could have done is download a similar looking typeface to the one that BPB use from 1001freefonts.
I mean you're being petty, but you're basically agreeing with my initial point in that it looks crap. Yeah, the park aren't the best at aesthetics but they're high above the piece of turd posted on the previous page.

Anybody know when the TEA Attendance Reports come out each year, is it about May time? Interested to see exactly if Icon has affected their figures.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
I mean you're being petty, but you're basically agreeing with my initial point in that it looks crap. Yeah, the park aren't the best at aesthetics but they're high above the piece of turd posted on the previous page.

Anybody know when the TEA Attendance Reports come out each year, is it about May time? Interested to see exactly if Icon has affected their figures.

Yeah, I agree, I was just tipsy when I thought of it. But yes, BPB have a definite brand identity, and that image didn't fit.

I do, however, love that whoever is doing their social media has a cracking sense of humour about just how nerdy we all are as enthusiasts, and is willing to engage with the nonsense rumours. It's playful without being mean, or cold and distant.