What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

This is why most enthusiasts should leave the creativity up to people that know what they're doing ;)

Lofty

CF Legend

Lol, I don't doubt that ;)

It's a launch coaster, something more futuristic, punchier, modern and 'in' would work. This won't be 'themed' to be fair, it'll have a mild sense of narrative, just like the rest of the **** at PBB minus the dark rides, but it won't be a 'themed attraction'.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Hey, guys, be nice to ATI. While the community nowadays seems to be mostly composed of established members, we were all new once, and I've seen far stupider posts on here before - some of which by yours truly. We can't expect everybody to come on CF with a complete understanding of the inner workings of the coaster industry or theme park operations - heck, when I were new, there were maybe a handful of members here having much of a clue about that at all. Those who stuck around for some ten years have built up a lot of knowledge, but newly registered members are still at the beginner stage, where everything coasters is awesome, parks are believed to be operated more or less like RCT, and manufacturers can be cleanly divided into "always awesome" or "So crap I can't believe their rides are still standing".

Just be patient. Go lightly on new members, like older members went lightly on you. Had CF always been this hostile to inexperienced and eager newbies, half of us probably wouldn't have stuck around. ATI is clearly opinionated, creative and enthusiastic, he just needs experience. And if all the experience we want to give him is "you are so dumb", how can he ever improve?

There's far too little wishlisting on the forums nowadays. We can afford that. We used to do that all the time, but now everybody has drunk too deep of the realism bottle and fall into "never gonna happen, and here's why" every time. Come on a little! Suggest dumb things, approach other people's dumb suggestions in a respectful manner, discuss back and forth, everybody learns something. Personally, I think BPB could do with an RMC, a conversion or a total rebuild of one of its woodies. Wood is what BPB is known for, some of their rides are old enough to be granted retirement (although woodies are functionally immortal as long as the worn pieces are replaced, but the design rarely changes much), and woodie technology has progressed so much since BPB built their previous one in 1935 (not counting the Wild Mouse from 1958). It'd be OK to knock down a near-centenarian (they have several), and give Blackpool an iconic woodie representing the current century.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Personally, I'm really impressed by people. I have nothing but massive respect for people in their 20's with the ability to denigrate and abuse somebody not yet old enough to take their GCSES.

People should be proud of this fantastic achievement and in making the forums a welcoming and friendly place for jaded ****, old before their time.

Enthusiasm and potential should be iradicated immediately.

Top work on showing the true side of CF people. The clique is strong.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Lofty said:

It's a launch coaster, something more futuristic, punchier, modern and 'in' would work. This won't be 'themed' to be fair, it'll have a mild sense of narrative, just like the rest of the **** at PBB minus the dark rides, but it won't be a 'themed attraction'.
Well... we'll have to see...

Dave

CF Legend

ATI said:
Lofty said:

Well... we'll have to see...

It'll be themed the same as Infusion, all showcase and no theme. Imagine the fountains they could do for a launch coaster!

jon-fan.gif

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Fountains which go over one of the launch sections (like on Valhalla after the second drop)!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

It'll have theming the same way a six flags ride has theming, all name and colour scheme focussed, perhaps if you're lucky a mildly themed station. Seeing what I presume to be the final colour shceme, I have no idea what theme they could be going for.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Does it even need a theme? PB aren't a theme park, and except for their dark rides and Nickelodeon Land, have never tried to theme anything (the closest is Steeplechase and Grand National, but the theme goes as far as the name).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I don't think the ride needs a theme, but some decoration would be nice. Not sure if it goes as themeing if it isn't themed to anything, but a few trees, fountains, rocks and fancy fences wouldn't hurt. Just as long as they avoid a situation à la Scream! at Magic Mountain, I suppose I'm happy enough.

mouse

Giga Poster

ATI said:
Fountains which go over one of the launch sections (like on Valhalla after the second drop)!
Omg yes, that would be cool and I could totally see Amanda doing something like that. Some cool lighting like on the Monster would be great too...

Temleh

Mega Poster

There's not going to be fountains over the launches. Also, green and orange is not necessarily the colour scheme of the ride. Those colours were chosen by Mack to make the coaster stand out on promotional videos.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

ATI said:
Yes, do that, then call it a Mack aqua trax!

That'd be a Maquatrax then. That's Maquaplain to see :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk