What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Alton didn't announce an opening day untill they'd had it running with guests and press comfortably, infact, alot of enthusiasts moaned about how they refused to give an exact opening date for AGES it was "SPRING 2018" until 2 weeks before the park opened. It was just unfortunate that the weather effected when it could open, as the ride was more than ready for that date.

I'd get abit frustrated if we see 2 months of all day testing and not get an actual opening date.

It really isn't fair to compare these coasters at all as they are both different gravy! Wickerman was theamed as it was built owing to the fact it is an experience attraction. Icon may be testing and was apparently even running a multi-train test late last week but it doesn't even have a queue line connected to a main footpath in the park yet! i would be impressed if this opens fully landscaped by the end of may!

Sandman

Giga Poster
^ The ride is fully built and can now operate so the "hard" work is done. I'd be surprised if it wasn't open by late May. This thing doesn't heavily rely on a story like Wicker Man so it's not imperative that every last tree is planted and signpost fitted before opening day. Should be fine though.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ The ride is fully built and can now operate so the "hard" work is done. I'd be surprised if it wasn't open by late May. This thing doesn't heavily rely on a story like Wicker Man so it's not imperative that every last tree is planted and signpost fitted before opening day. Should be fine though.
It's not imperative but why would they not just complete the entire project before opening for the sake of opening a few weeks later when the start of their busy season is?

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
It's not imperative but why would they not just complete the entire project before opening for the sake of opening a few weeks later when the start of their busy season is?
I feel like they wouldn't officially open until probably late May, but an unannounced soft opening before that doesn't seem out of the question, if a bit unlikely. Blackpool seem to care more about customer satisfaction than some other UK parks and that'd give them a chance to have their operations at a better level for an official opening, especially if it's on bank holiday as Mandy's suggested. Looking at WM's opening, I doubt they'll want anything like that mess to go down, and that was even after soft openings.

Sandman

Giga Poster
^ I dunno, people think it looks tame so maybe the owner screaming "this is ****ing horrible" will finally give GP thrillseekers an incentive to try it. Or they could just use Nick "this is the best rollercoaster in the solar system" Thompson ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
29663011_732543120268035_4571298541357138214_o.jpg

From Adam Curran on UK Theme Park Chat Facebook Page.

Great to see more theming elements coming to icon.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Video by Pleasure Beach 2018. No huge changes visible but the exterior of Coasters is looking closer to completion.