What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Found this on TST, but I do not know the original source:
javxat.png

Edit: Just realised I saw this on the Towers Street forum, not Towers Times.

Literally love that Zero G roll through that tight space over the inclined loop, then diving back down into the tunnel to launch. That is definitely going to be a highlight.

Literally love that Zero G roll through that tight space over the inclined loop, then diving back down into the tunnel to launch. That is definitely going to be a highlight.
It will be a highlight, especially the quick turns following the exit but I'm pretty sure it goes into the inversion near enough flat so don't expect it to ride like a cookie cutter zero-G. In fact, I'm be surprised if you get any weightlessness off that element.

I think it'll feel somewhat similar to Blue Fire's in all honesty.
I'm hoping for this but with a better pull out into high speed turns. BF's actual element is amazing and the turn into brakes is alright but I want to be flung out before the launch on Icon :D

Same. I like the snappyness of it. Zero G, tight banked turns, drop into launch. It's gonna be great on the back row - especially the downwards trajectory of the Zero G.

All the track by the Steeple Chase is now complete, it was finished this morning. Just a few bits of launch track and the turn by Grand Prix to go in and we'll have ourselves a closed circuit.
Not trying to be greedy, but did you not take any photos?

Those photos I posted from Twitter are one or two days old.

^I wouldn't expect them to arrive for at least another couple of weeks.
From an educated minset, or just because you feel so?

In all honesty, for all we know, they could well be there, in containers in an off-view storage area. It's possible.

From an educated minset, or just because you feel so?

In all honesty, for all we know, they could well be there, in containers in an off-view storage area. It's possible.
If the park posted a photo on Facebook a day before the first supports arrived, I'd think they'd do the same with the first train delivery. Also, the ride isn't 100% complete yet (if it was, the park would post a photo on Facebook). Generally the trains don't arrive until at least a week after the track is completed. HangTime at Knott's hasn't even started testing yet, I assume the trains haven't arrived yet and it's been finished for at least a couple of weeks.

Not trying to be greedy, but did you not take any photos?

Those photos I posted from Twitter are one or two days old.

Day old photos, whatever shall we do?

I haven't been on site myself but I have enough contacts to keep me up-to-date. Of course, there is no way i'd post any pictures that could jeopardise someones job.
As for trains, who knows where they are.

Mmmmmm, that second picture looks delightfully Taron-esque. I'm excited to see what other angles people can get on Saturday.

There's been many cases in which trains appear before 'a week after' it's finished construction. This is actually really adhoc as to when they arrive and it's all down to the site manager, space for storage, electricians, project manager, construction schedule, accounting legal testing requirements etc., there's no define time limit for it to happen, and every single coaster in the world is completely different to another - so really not sure where you got the 'usually' from.