What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I found it incredibly boring. The launches were slow and forceless, the ride practically stalls on the big elements. The ending has some nice airtime but nothing I would call great by any standards. The spike in the back was quite cool however.
Gone from quite slow and boring on the previous page to the above in a few hours! Make your mind up ;)

I really enjoyed, thought it was a bit sluggish through some elements but sped up nicely round the rest of the layout including the airtime hills and the small tunnel. Can’t see this (from the pov at least) being anywhere near as slow and STOE anyways.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Jeez, I thought my standards were unreasonably high!

More than 1 world class coaster, I'll grant you, but despite Merlin's best efforts, the UK's not that bad!

Yeah may be being slightly negative.. but really not bothered about anything other than nemesis, megafobia and the smiler. Would be very surprised if Icon isn't the bets or second best coaster in the country.

Sandman

Giga Poster
The thing is STOE isn't really designed to be a fast, gut wrenching thrill machine as such. Mack's USP seems to be their ability to make a relatively slow pace incredibly fun, with good hangtime and airtime moments. Pear is entitled to think Star Trek is slow and boring of course, but a ride that has slow sections doesn't automatically mean ****. I think Star Trek is a fun ride, it's also fairly compact and short, so not entirely comparable to Icon.

On the flip side, I think those that are already calling this the UK's best coaster are jumping the gun a bit. Statements like that really push the hype into overdrive, which makes a lot of people disappointed in the end. Rate it once you've had a ride!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Well what @Smithy has said about Helix being rattly might have slightly lowered my standards. I shouldn't be concerned about Icon being rough or rattly do I?

But that's just Smithy's opinion, it doesn't mean you'll think it. There are people out there who don't think Helix is that rattly. I'd try not to have specific pre-judgements until riding, as it can play into your own judgement of a new coaster.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's top 3, gave me my best ever ride on a coaster but I had a dog rough ride too. Balder pips it out just for being consistently brilliant when I rode it over 2 days, and Shambhala is hovering there or there abouts.

Ironically enough that worst ride I had was at the end of the day, but then I think it had burnt through a wheel or something because the train was taken off not long after and it was rough as :emoji_zipper_mouth: too.

Just re-watched a POV to make sure I was remembering it right, think you're being harsh on it being one of the worst inversions but I can see where you're coming from, I do remember it being a bit jerky. Although it's now made me desperate to go back because that music, that :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing airtime hill <3

I mean, I thought both posts read clearly that I had one bad ride but the rest of them were incredible?

Lofty

CF Legend
Also, even if it's gonna have the little rattle that can be felt on Blue Fire, it'll still be the smoothest coaster at Blackpool. ATI, stop worrying about the ride, it'll be fun!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Found this on TowersTimes:-
24048709197_ea81de561f_k.jpg

^This was posted onto the forum late on Friday.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Hmm... Well April is about right. Spring is technically the months of March, April and May. And considering it needs to test many times and the coaster is only partly complete, it is obvious it will open after SW8, so yeah. April it is.

Sandman

Giga Poster
It could open in May sometime around half term, if it isn't confirmed then we can't definitely say when it's open. It could be April too, but yeah... there's no concrete sign of a date yet. Just assume between April-May.