What's new

Biggest Disappointment...

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
How can it meander after the first drop when the biggest drop is halfway through?

Didn’t notice it’s size tbh. My process of riding Nemesis was “ooooh that was good....I reckon there’s another really forceful bit coming up......it’s coming.....it’s coming......it’s co- oh we’re in the brake run”.

James F

Hyper Poster
Balder

- Same issue as many have commented on, slow boring turns which kill the pacing, I was expecting something a lot more intense.

Expedition Everest

- the themeing was amazing and exceeded expectations, but the actual coaster feel slow and sluggish, just not as thrilling as I was expecting.

Hollywood Rip-Ride Rocket

- Perhaps my most anticipated new coaster in florida since my 2006 trip, I went on it in 2014 and felt that it felt really slow and forceless, not just that, but for a universal ride the lack of themeing is disappointing.

Manta

- Not far below what I was expecting. The Ride was intense and definitely better than Air/Galatica, it's intense, but not very re-rideable. I'd much rather re-ride Kraken.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Dollywood was probably my single biggest disappointment. After uncontrollably hoping Lightning Rod would open and hyping it up, it of course remained closed. Thunderhead was first on the loop then (the park is arranged in a loop for those of you who haven’t been). I’d heard very good things about this older woodie, but none of them seemed true (looking back I got one of the first rides so it probably wasn’t warmed up). Next came Mystery Mine, a coaster I thought would be as fun to ride as it is to watch- this is a really satisfying coaster I’ve watched online for years. Instead, the transitions were painful and the inversions were forceless. FireChaser Express? Forceless as well! Heck, even the cinnamon bread isn’t as good as I’ve heard. Of course, there were good parts of this trip too, but without Lightning Rod, I feel that Wild Eagle and Tennessee Tornado don’t carry the park very well. I was also disappointed at the size of the park. The new expansion will do them good.

sirloin

Roller Poster
I thought the biggest blasphemy was the dig at Firechaser Express :D. If someone were to ask me what the best family coaster in existence is, I'd consider that a nominee.

Of course, I take any comments about rides being forceless as suspect from someone who has Apollo's Chariot for an avatar. *ducks* :emoji_grin:

Snoo

The Legend
Dollywood was probably my single biggest disappointment. After uncontrollably hoping Lightning Rod would open and hyping it up, it of course remained closed. Thunderhead was first on the loop then (the park is arranged in a loop for those of you who haven’t been). I’d heard very good things about this older woodie, but none of them seemed true (looking back I got one of the first rides so it probably wasn’t warmed up). Next came Mystery Mine, a coaster I thought would be as fun to ride as it is to watch- this is a really satisfying coaster I’ve watched online for years. Instead, the transitions were painful and the inversions were forceless. FireChaser Express? Forceless as well! Heck, even the cinnamon bread isn’t as good as I’ve heard. Of course, there were good parts of this trip too, but without Lightning Rod, I feel that Wild Eagle and Tennessee Tornado don’t carry the park very well. I was also disappointed at the size of the park. The new expansion will do them good.

First.. you actually like Apollos.. then you DARE say the cinnamon bread isn't as good as you've heard?

giphy.gif

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
I thought the biggest blasphemy was the dig at Firechaser Express :D. If someone were to ask me what the best family coaster in existence is, I'd consider that a nominee.

Of course, I take any comments about rides being forceless as suspect from someone who has Apollo's Chariot for an avatar. *ducks* :emoji_grin:
WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
APOLLO'S IS AMAZING, AND NOT FORCELESS!!!

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I’m sure the aforementioned blasphemy is mostly due to the fact that the park was so hyped up for me. I’d read about it for years, and it just couldn’t live up to the hype. I mean, FireChaser is good.. great even for a family coaster.. but I knew everything about it. And, the storyline was hard to follow even though I knew it- I felt that I was just “going” forcelessly in and out of some really good theming that went by too fast. The cinnamon bread was good.. but nowhere near the best theme park food I’ve had, which is what a lot of people make it out to be. A good lesson learned. For me, the best parts of the park were little talked about rides like Blazing Fury and Mountain Slidewinders, and some more I’ll leave out.
But one day, when you’re older, you’ll understand the glory of Apollo’s Chariot.

sirloin

Roller Poster
Hype can be a killer (see Steel Vengeance). I'll grant you that for sure. Despite rave reviews, I felt like I went into Dollywood with the park as enough of an unknown that I was able to appreciate pretty much everything for what it was. It was also the year FireChaser Express opened, so I didn't know enough about it to form an opinion ahead of time.

Also, Apollo's chariot has had two visits spread over 6-7 years to win me over. I REALLY want to love it, but I'm still waiting. ;)

iac17

Mega Poster
*warning: this are my thoughts and i already know they'll make someone mad*

Twisted Colossus: i overhyped it and it ended up way below my expectation, the airtime wasn't as strong as i thought
Lightning rod: Same as Twisted colossus plus it was rough
Taron: The theme is awesome but the ride itself wasn't as intense as i thought
The voyage: slow and not as airtime filled as i imagined it to be
Fury 325: don't get me wrong it's a good ride but i imagined it to be a little more forcefull

is not that any of this ride is good, i just overhyped them so much that when i ended up trying them they didn't reach my expectations

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
Lightning Racer. Sure they make it duel very often, which is great since that's the whole point of the ride. But up until a certain point in 2017, I tightened the seatbelt on wooden coasters tight to the point where you can't really feel any airtime, which sucks. Had I rode it again with a looser seatbelt, it would probably rank higher. The Voyage at Holiday World also falls victim to my old riding habits, had I rode it this year, I probably would have it ranked higher.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Fury 325

Rode it before most of the hype really seemed to take off. Knew it was a big beemer like Leviathan. I'd still rather ride leviathan everytime. Don't get the fury hype in the slightest.

El Toro

this is one of those cases of everyone talking about how amazing it is and so i had quite high expectations when i rode it. It was good, but nowhere near what people had been describing to me for years beforehand.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Leviathan has the big air hills that Fury lacks.... Fury has the ending Leviathan lacks. but I'd still give Fury the nod over Leviathan..... Both are far superior to the other two Giga's I've ridden.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Just rode Olympia Looping for the first time today. So many people say it's incredible, intense and all that... Yet I spent the entire time with my hands resting on my lap and feeling pretty disappointed. Even the loops and corner after the first inversion felt meh to me. So sad </3

James F

Hyper Poster
Did that cost you a mortgage?
Just rode Olympia Looping for the first time today. So many people say it's incredible, intense and all that... Yet I spent the entire time with my hands resting on my lap and feeling pretty disappointed. Even the loops and corner after the first inversion felt meh to me. So sad </3

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
I’m sure the aforementioned blasphemy is mostly due to the fact that the park was so hyped up for me. I’d read about it for years, and it just couldn’t live up to the hype. I mean, FireChaser is good.. great even for a family coaster.. but I knew everything about it. And, the storyline was hard to follow even though I knew it- I felt that I was just “going” forcelessly in and out of some really good theming that went by too fast. The cinnamon bread was good.. but nowhere near the best theme park food I’ve had, which is what a lot of people make it out to be. A good lesson learned. For me, the best parts of the park were little talked about rides like Blazing Fury and Mountain Slidewinders, and some more I’ll leave out.
But one day, when you’re older, you’ll understand the glory of Apollo’s Chariot.

Hunny.. one day you’ll see that Apollo’s is just another B&M slopfest that really doesn’t do much. But hey, I’m fine with you being wrong. YOU DO YOU BOO. ❤️