What's new

Biggest Coasters with the Lowest Throughput

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
After seeing Sandman's topic about coasters with a high throughput, I thought I'd make a contrasting topic about which big thrill coasters have crappy throughputs.

Some honourable mentions in my book are Gerstlauer Eurofighter and any shuttle coaster. What are your thoughts?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Anything at Fantawild, or is it Happy Valley? The places Gavin moans about doing stretches and **** lol.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Blue Streak is the ride with the slowest operations, but when I went on the 29th Maverick had terrible operations.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Anything at Fantawild, or is it Happy Valley? The places Gavin moans about doing stretches and :emoji_poop: lol.
Happy Valley are the ones with the bulls**t stretches. Fantawild still manage to usually have worse operations than them.

The coasters themselves, on paper, have decent throughputs, with multiple trains. They just never run them properly.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Even with the stretches, some Happy Valleys manage to knock trains out a lot quicker than other parks in China.

Skyloops are probably the worst offenders I've come across.

any shuttle coaster
Not sure about 'any'. Some shuttles are getting more clever these days and using multiple trains.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Karnan has absolutely dreadful capacity. The secret element, the small trains and the random row generator make it painfully low!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
If we're talking popularity compared to people per hour, both of Chessie's major coasters are terrible. They both have a 2 hour line on a peak day.

Any Maurer or Gerst ride, or any ride with single cars for that matter, masquerading as a major coaster is a candidate here. Not been on Karnan but that's a great example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mack

Mega Poster
We got our Eurofighter going pretty good by absolutely prohibiting choice seating. You're sitting there or you're not riding, bye. If they had a problem with the seat we showed them where the exit is.

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon the Premier Sky Rocket II must be a candidate. I once heard that the 2 car model's maximum throughput was as low as 240pph.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
https://rcdb.com/14759.htm RCDB claims that Hype, with the two car configuration is capable of 500 per hour - it's the only Skyrocket 2 that has a throughput listed.

That's the theoretical capacity stated by the manufacturer. I'd say something like 240 pph is more plausible.

Do-dodonpa is a good contender though: 8-seater trains at a Fuji-Q-Highland dispatch rate... I bet it doesn't go above 200 pph.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That's the theoretical capacity stated by the manufacturer. I'd say something like 240 pph is more plausible.

Do-dodonpa is a good contender though: 8-seater trains at a Fuji-Q-Highland dispatch rate... I bet it doesn't go above 200 pph.
I worked it out on my last visit (admittedly years ago) to be about 160pph.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

GigaG

Roller Poster
Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain's train holds 8 people on a relatively long ride for its size, and I didn't see a transfer track for another train.

Tig'rr runs two cars, but each car holds 2 people (4 if you're willing to sit in somebody's lap.)

Finally, Steel Hwag was running 1 car, but it was also a dead day, and it has more than that.

Of course, the park is small enough that it's relatively acceptable, particularly when I went on the quite dead closing day.

Coaster

Mega Poster
Avalanche at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, not because the ride isn't capable of higher, but because BPB don't know how to run it efficiently.

Jim in Canada

Roller Poster
Quimera at La Feria in Mexico City. One train ops. Insanely convoluted restraint system that you can't figure out how to fasten. Ride ops usually have to come by and re-adjust all of it for every rider on every train. Normally, any Schwarzkopf coaster designed to run FIVE trains that only runs ONE would be an instant candidate for "I'll never ride this again." But... BUT... because they only have one train, someone at La Feria decided that they don't need to bother with ANY of those speed-controlling tire runs. There are five of them and they're all WIDE OPEN. The train sails through the first one, making the second block faster than designed for. It then takes that extra speed, sails through the second one, and now you're doubly-faster than it's designed for. By the time you blow right through the last one, the train is going so much faster than it's supposed to, the ride just bitch-slaps you with laterals, Gs, and airtime. If one-train ops inadvertently make a previous top-30 ride into my new #1 steelie, then I'll just suffer through the long wait times. No problem. http://www.ellocoaster.com/quimera/

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Having 'experienced' it yesterday I would say Kraken Unleashed at Seaworld Orlando.

As it now has VR the dispatches were between 4 and 5 minutes per train. That's 380 riders per hour. On a B&M.

I didn't bother with VR but it's an amazing coaster, 18 years old and still super smooth and pretty forceful.