What's new

BGW | Tempesto | Premier Rides Launch Coaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: BGW 2015 Premier Coaster Rumours.

tomahawk said:
It's not a smooth track question, it's an uncomfortable riding position. Stand Ups are dead.

End of story.
I meant the question of intensity. Build something like Banshee or Kumba that has a lot of positive G's as a stand up and it's bound to hurt with all of those g's pulling the blood to your feet. Headbanging was my main complaint with Carowinds Vortex and Mantis, but I actually rather enjoyed Riddler's Revenge other than the blood being pulled to my feet and causing that "your foot fell asleep" feeling in your feet and ankles. If they build a stand up with intensity more on the level of, say, GateKeeper and redesign the restraints, you might actually have a decent ride. Maybe put a locking strap that goes between the riders' legs and buckles into the restraint that has some nice cushioning on the bottom and sides?

Back to this ride, though, I think the earlier "Diavolo" name is the correct one for this coaster. The reason being is in the plans, there is a star inscribed within a circle in the pavement. Could this be an inverted pentagram? It would definitely fit the Diavolo name.

Lofty

CF Legend

2012Jarrett said:
Another country that might work is Holland. I could see a giant working windmill acting as the centerpiece to a nice plaza and a sort of boat ride themed to the canals. Put a few organ grinders around the area and sell food like Dutch apple pie. And this beautiful coaster. :p

nickelodeonstreak3.jpg
You mean from Blackpool? It's far from 'beautiful' when you see it in person either, ha.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

We got some plans!
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BGWFans/status/494628502243901440[/tweet]

I still don't see this fitting with the park.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Unless they were to have one of the stations like Freeze does, I don't get any park of any size getting something like this.

BBH

Giga Poster

tomahawk said:
Unless they were to have one of the stations like Freeze does, I don't get any park of any size getting something like this.
Well for somewhere small like Holiday Park it makes sense, even though every installation could hugely benefit from the dual stations like Coca-Cola Zombie Ride Park Land Thing is getting. I'm honestly baffled as to why we're not seeing this here, or why we're seeing this coaster at all. The capacity is atrocious, especially for a park the size and calibre of BGW.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

BBH said:
tomahawk said:
Well for somewhere small like Holiday Park it makes sense, even though every installation could hugely benefit from the dual stations like Coca-Cola Zombie Ride Park Land Thing is getting. I'm honestly baffled as to why we're not seeing this here, or why we're seeing this coaster at all. The capacity is atrocious, especially for a park the size and calibre of BGW.

Pretty sure that's the point. We're all confused by this addition. Especially when the drachen fire plot is still vacant

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

As others have said, I think that's totally wrong for the park, both aesthetically and in terms of capacity.
Just eurgh :(
Hoping it's not true

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

One of the main things I noticed about BGW compared to all the other parks on the East Coast, is that their four main coasters are MASSIVE people-eaters, which coupled with their quite efficient meant the queues were minimal and fast-moving. I don't understand why they'd build something that is the exact opposite.

I was very excited when this type of ride was announced at Holiday Park because it was more suitable for the park and hopefully a great choice in terms of ride experience (I'll see in just over a week), but it is completely wrong for a higher-calibre park like BGW, although I'm sure it will be a good ride.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

screamscape said:
New Roller Coaster / TEMPESTO - Semi-Confirmed - (8/1/14) The latest find by BGWFans posted to Twitter seems to confirm the rumored and disliked new coaster project planned for Busch Gardens Williamsburg, showing off a 3D rendering of the new coaster project layout envelope and station building. Now don’t get me wrong... by all accounts this Premier Rides coaster design did wow most coaster fans when it first opened at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom two years ago as Superman, but you’ve got to have the right coaster designed for the right park. So if that design, with limited capacity, has huge lines at one of Six Flags’ smallest parks, just imagine how long the lines are going to be at a larger park like Busch Gardens Williamsburg. In my open humble and expert opinion... this is not the right coaster for this park. SeaWorld Texas maybe... or Sesame Place... but not Busch Gardens.

Tempesto translates to Storm in Italian. Like BBH said, Bosque Magico is a great park for the coaster. BGW really could have spent their money on a better ride.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Just going to jump on the band wagon here... Why would a Busch park want to install an off-the-shelf coaster like this?!

marc

CF Legend

To save money and to add something that's probably why. Plus it's cheap.

Jarrett

I honestly thing if BGW wanted a unique, small coaster that would fill the gap a boomerang fills, there are plenty of other ones out there that could have done the job. These are just the Vekoma boomerangs or Maurer Sohne Skyloops of the 2010's and the park wanted a small, unique coaster to act as a background attraction. Really wish they'd have waited a few years and built either Spain/Sweden/Russia/Holland or an RMC in Ireland but I'm pretty sure the GP will love this low capacity thing.

I couldn't help but notice some banners hanging from the supports holding up the trip forwards to the barrel roll, so that should be an indication along with the star/pentagram in the path that this thing will be themed to the Busch Gardens standard.

It isn't a destination coaster, but this and Verbolten are making me want to knock this park and Kings Dominion out next year. :p

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Once again Jarrett is the one who speaks reason! This is going to be BGW's boomerang. This is a "second tier" coaster that fills the "d-ticket" gap.

I also think the capacity gripes are *slightly* overblown. The TEA attendance reports have them in the 2.5 million range, over what is essentially a year round operation. Plenty of parks in that range on shorter operating hours have rides with that capacity (looking at Hershey). Sure year 1 will be rough, as most newmrides are, but down the line it will fit in just fine with its bigger sisters in that park.

Jarrett

BGWFans has found a few of the planning documents for this ride, codenamed Diavolo. This includes some theming plans, which give away that the ride is being themed to a biking stunt. I think this theme could work well in Festa if they executed it well, but unfortunately...I don't think they did! XD

http://bgwfans.com/2014/busch-gardens-w ... ed-part-2/

Arch-1024x662.png

Here's the ride's signage, and I have to admit I like this. This is okay. Modest, not too noticeable, no problem with this one.

Facade-1024x662.png

This is the facade, and I don't like it. It feels a tad too modern for BGW and the colors are just loud. If they had gone for something less gaudy and colorful I'd like it, but this along with some of the other pieces of infrastructure you'll find at that link are just horrible! Do not want! :x

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

BGW2015.jpg

In perspective that plot of land looks tiny. It's like, that's the opportunity? that tiny spec of land, when the old site of drachen fire is vacant.

Initially I didn't believe this at all, but i guess the plans look legit. I am confused by the claims that they are "saving money" which I don't think is the problem. I think Sea World does a poor job managing fiances. I am not sure where all the money goes. BGW is profitable, but yet new rides are few and far in between.

D1993

Hyper Poster

I thought BGW was one of those parks that was concerned about capacity ....
All the major rides they have now are pretty fantastic and I found the operations to be really good when I was there. I don't like the idea of adding this premier coaster to this particular park. BGW deserves something of a much higher quality and bigger scale than that - not to say that these clones aren't really fun.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

VascoXTRC said:
BGW2015.jpg

In perspective that plot of land looks tiny. It's like, that's the opportunity? that tiny spec of land, when the old site of drachen fire is vacant.

Initially I didn't believe this at all, but i guess the plans look legit. I am confused by the claims that they are "saving money" which I don't think is the problem. I think Sea World does a poor job managing fiances. I am not sure where all the money goes. BGW is profitable, but yet new rides are few and far in between.

What an obtuse post. If this coaster goes in next year they will have built 7 coasters in 19 years, in addition to major rides Mach Tower and DarKastle.

If you really want to know how "poor" SeaWorld manages its finances google SeaWorld investor relations, its a publicly traded company you can see it all.

Jarrett

I should have included in my other post that this will run 3-car Full Throttle-esque trains, at least per BGWFans in that link I posted earlier. That combined with the transfer track station should probably bring the capacity to about Full Throttle's, which while low, does work. Will you get those people waiting 2+ hours for a boomerang? Yes. Will it be frustrating? Yes. But I don't think it'll be the capacity disaster everybody's making it out to be.