What's new

Best Theme Park in the UK??

JTRCBOY97

Roller Poster
everyone tells me thorpe park is the best park in the UK, im not sure becuase i like alton towers just as much, i want to see what you think??? thorpe park or alton towers??? or if theres any other theme park that you think is good enough, write a comment :)

Can you please use correct grammar when you post - that means capital letters!

If you do, then people will be more likely to respond to topics (and you) in a more positive manner.

Expect at least 281 posts of "forpe is best innit blud"...

Oh, and the correct answer Alton Towers in reality AND on paper :p

furie said:

If you do, then people will be more likely to respond to topics (and you) in a more positive manner.

Sorry Phil. =(

nealbie said:
furie said:

Sorry Phil. =(

Nobody is EVER likely to respond to YOU in a positive manner Neal ;)

Look, you've even got me setting bad examples to new members we're supposed to be teaching good examples to! huff! :lol:

I've only been to Chessie, Thorpe, and Alton, but I have to say Alton blows all three of them away.

Thorpe is actually a decent park though, a lot better than anybody gives it credit for, although people say I caught it on a good day. The coasters are all pretty average, but it's not a terrible park by any means. I've been to a lot worse, and have been on a lot worse rides.

Chessie is definitely more of a family park. They lack as far as coasters go, but that's okay because their theming is pretty nice and they have animals, etc, and you can still have a laugh there without major thrills.

Alton just has everything. It has the scenery, the theming, the good coasters, enough to fill up an entire day and then some. I loved it, and it's in my top three parks, without a doubt, and perhaps even my favourite park I've ever been to.

So, Alton.

Alton, without question. It's got the atmosphere, the rides (well, coasters at least, their flat rides are awful), good theming and the place is huge. You feel like you're in a different world.

I still love Thorpe though...just not in an obsessive fanboy way.

JTRCBOY97 said:
Hearing all your comments i think i do prefur Alton because of the rides and the theming :--D

A small part of me just died inside...

Or maybe it was a Pot Noodle fart... IQ isn't really an issue here though comparing the two... ;)

I "prefur" Thorpe over Alton. I haven't been to any other UK parks though, so I can't be possitively sure it's the best. Thorpe has better coasters imo and is a better park due to various reasons. Don't get me wrong though, Alton is great too. It's just that Alton is set really far away and hard to get to, the place is huge with the rides spread out making it hard to get to the ride you would like to ride and some of the areas just don't make any sense to me. And of course Stealth beats any ride at Alton imho. That's the reasons why I prefer Thorpe :)

Stealth is my favourite ride out of Thorpe and Alton but i just think alton is more fun putting all the rides together. cool)

In terms of rides and the park itself, it's Alton followed by PBB, followed by Thorpe.

In terms of customer service, warmth and friendliness, Lighwater Valley are by far the best park in the UK. :)

Martyn B said:
andrus said:
It's just that Alton is set really far away and hard to get to

So one of your reasons for Thorpe being a better theme park is that Alton is hard to get to...?
Yes, I don't think location should be ignored as a factor. When I visited both Alton and Thorpe last year I only got to spend 6 hours at Alton due to it's bad location (takes forever to get there with public transportation) while I spent 10 hours at Thorpe which I think was one of the major contributing factors to why I had a better time at Thorpe :)

Thorpe is just off a busy road and easy to get to, Alton comes off a country road, but judging everything, my top 2 are Alton then Thorpe! :)