What's new

Best place to sit on Samurai

Jools

Giga Poster
I am a quite frequent visitor to Thorpe Park, and I always try to go on Samurai, but last time I went on it, it wasn't as good as I remembered the times before, and I can't remember where I was sitting, or anything.
I'm visiting Thorpe Park on 29th June (weekday) meaning hoepfully queues will be shorter, and everyone will be queuing for Saw!

Anyway, back to the gist:
Can anybody reccomend a seat/row?

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
As for rows I don't think it matters but for seats if you want the most intense experience then I'd recommend the very end seat (not the one closest to the arm of the ride but the other end of the row) because you get thrown around more which makes it more intense. :)

Jools

Giga Poster
Yeh, I guess cool, that is logical, prehaps last time I was in the very centre, who knows :?

marc

CF Legend
There is a wall near the ride, thats the best place to sit :)

In all honesty I find sitting on the out side the best.

A

Anonymous

Rides like Samurai the outside looks to be the best place to sit. Even on Bling the outside is better.

Jools

Giga Poster
Cool, I get the seat thing, but I thought maybe a row would be better than another or something, because I remember it being more flippy, maybe it was on a weaker mode or something, what do you reckonw ould happen if if I asked them to put it on the most intesnse mode, would they do it?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I tend to go for the inside seat. Your head doesn't get pinned to the restraint then.

^ They won't change the setting. They arn't allowed.

A

Anonymous

I am not sure if the Ride Op would take you serious but there is always the one or two who may do. Sometimes it is just luck of the draw i guess.

Jools

Giga Poster
I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed, but I'll see :p
Thanks for your help guys anyway.

Rob

Mega Poster
Honestly, I often find the inside seats are better, while the speed isn't the same the rocking motion is more intense, as rather than spinning and inverting at a fast pace, you invert rapidly, but travel fairly slow. Doesn't make it as intense but gives a more enjoyable ride, as you dont spend the whole time slammed against your restraint.

Rush

Giga Poster
I suggest you just skip Samurai and ride Rush instead! :p

Or at least ride a decent Top Scan.

Jools

Giga Poster
I find Rush to unthrilling and short to be bothered with, i'll just go on Saw again :lol: Hey, anyone know what the queues will be like on a Monday :?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^Humm June, with school trips, I'd go for 40mins Max on most. Colossus/Saw will go up to 70 mins without a doubt. Depends if and when rides open.

Stealth and X\: are out of action atm.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Samurai is more intense on the outside, but you get more control by swinging your legs if you sit on the inside. Also if you sit in one of the middle seats, you share the experience with 2 people either side of you.

But IMO outside is best. Needs more intense ride setting though and it could become like the Beast FI, one of my fav flats...

marc

CF Legend
We found the Beast lame at FI, was a longer cycle but it did not seem as good as Samurai.

Tbh I dont tend to go on Samurai anymore as its the same all the time and its just boring now.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Best place to sit is the rocks opposite and watch the stupid ones riding, once was enough for me. :wink: