What's new

Best coaster for airtime in the UK?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Icon consistently give great air time...

However Stealth hill, on a good day, in the right seat, gives some amazing ejector... And some of the woodie on a good day in the right seat give some good air time too. But for consistently giving good air time, has to be Icon.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Revolution's forward facing drop on front row is probably the best pop of airtime in the UK imo. It's weirdly quite a comfortable airtime moment considering we're talking about an old Arrow with OTSRs.

Icon has the most satisfying floaty airtime dotted throughout the layout. The most consistent airtime on a UK coaster perhaps. It's not other worldly, but it's pretty decent.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
F
Revolution's forward facing drop on front row is probably the best pop of airtime in the UK imo. It's weirdly quite a comfortable airtime moment considering we're talking about an old Arrow with OTSRs.

Icon has the most satisfying floaty airtime dotted throughout the layout. The most consistent airtime on a UK coaster perhaps. It's not other worldly, but it's pretty decent.
Front row backwards launch on Revolution gives some serious airtime!

DelPiero

Strata Poster

This, rivals Speed's Hill for the title.
Exactly how I would describe it.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Also Rita seems to give good airtime these days, but again it doesn't count because of the restraints. Definitely clutching at straws now :)

Matt N

CF Legend
My vote still currently goes to either Megafobia or Icon, although Grand National had quite a bit despite its roughness and I'd still say that either Speed, Saw or Smiler has the best individual UK moment of airtime. I'll reevaluate when I've visited Oakwood again at the end of next week.

None of them top Mako for airtime as far as I'm concerned, though; I'd love a B&M hyper in Britain!

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but after visiting Oakwood today, I think Megafobia's first drop in the back and Speed's airtime hill are definitely in competition for the best individual airtime moment in the UK!

Matt N

CF Legend
Never been to Europe or any continent other then North America but this looks sad???
It's not that bad; Megafobia in the back row has seriously strong ejector airtime! Speed's airtime hill is also fantastically strong, and Icon has many great moments of abrupt airtime throughout!