What's new

Best CCI?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Continuing our best of polls with this one.

Mine are:
1. Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce (obviously)
2. Cornball Express at Indiana Beach (front row airtime galore)
3. Tremors at Silverwood Theme Park
4. Cyclops at Mt. Olympus (last drop in the back row is amazballs)
5. Silver Comet at Martin's Fantasy Island

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Of the ones I've ridden

1: Excalibur at Funtown Splashtown USA
2: Stampida at Port Aventura
3: Tomohawk at Port Aventura

Mike

Giga Poster
From what I've done:
17. Stampida at PortAventura Park
16. Legend at Holiday World
15. Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach
14. Hoosier Hurricane at Indiana Beach
13. Tomahawk at PortAventura Park
12. Underground at Adventureland
11. Pegasus at Mt. Olympus
10. Outlaw at Adventureland
9. Boss at Six Flags St. Louis
8. Cornball Express at Indiana Beach
7. Cyclops at Mt. Olympus
6. GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm
5. Great White at Morey's Piers
4. Raven at Holiday World
3. Zeus at Mt. Olympus

and then there's a fairly large gap until

2. Megafobia at Oakwood Theme Park
1. Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce

Boulder Dash is excellent, Megafobia is very good, and Zeus I just enjoyed a ton despite everyone else hating it.
Below these top three, however, it's just a load of meh until you get to Tomahawk and down which are really a load of ****.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I like LCoSM & Legend. Both would probably be in my top 10 CCIs or there about. Definitely not meh & much better than Pegasus & Underground imo. Is Underground even a coaster? :p

Mike

Giga Poster
Legend is AWFUL. Like, pretty much as bad as Stampida awful.

Indiana Beach is by far one of the most disappointing parks I've ever been to. The place has sooo much promise and I was looking forward to it so much, but it felt like everything just had a layer of dust over it (including the drinking water, which almost made me puke), all of the locals/staff acted like pretentious twats, and all the rides ran like crap. I didn't even want to put Cornball in the top 10, but even I couldn't justify putting it below Underground and Pegasus. :p

Sure, Underground and Pegasus suck balls and could easily be the bottom of the list, but everything below them somehow find a new level of suckiness.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy IB. We had a really good time there the first visit in 2009 & again in 2010 until Snoo lost his wallet. I'm pretty sure we all thought LCoSM was really unique & quite fun (except perhaps Gavin), but no one (except perhaps Gavin) could understand why I liked Legend so much. But then I also really like GhostRider, which I see you also put pretty far up your list. Most people seem to really dislike it as much as Legend.

BBH

Giga Poster
Going by board consensus, if anybody has ridden Boulder Dash and not put it in the number one spot, they reserve to be repeatedly beaten with a mallet and then be shoveled into the Trash Can of Doom.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
1. Ghostrider
2. Legend
3. Raven

GhostRider not really for its current state, but more for its past and how great it was. I still really enjoyed Legend and Raven, Legend not so much on my first ride but it definitely grew on me.

Ben

CF Legend
1. Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce
2. Silver Comet at Martin's Fantasy Island

They all suck after this.

3. Tonnerre de Zeus at Parc Astérix
4. Great White at Morey's Piers
5. GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm
6. Tomahawk at PortAventura Park
7. Stampida at PortAventura

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
1. Boulder Dash - Obvs.
2. Megafobia - which is still a really fun coaster.
3. Tomahawk - Great fun and brutal for a kiddie cred
Then somewhere in the pits of hell
4,000 - Stampida. Eugh (actually, I imagine it was brilliant fun once, but today, it's just nasty).

If I ever make it to Parc Asterix, I can see me enjoying Zeus too as it looks similar to Megafobia.

Lofty

CF Legend
Stampida would have got it if the Kumbak **** wouldn't have got their hands on it. I'd have to say Medafobia, then :(

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Even though it was running poorly when we visited - boulder dash still gets it, over fobia, then tonerre de zeus

tomahawk and stampida are pretty awful though!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I have these two.

Megafobia - Bucket-loads of fun. Love it. I can ride this all day, happily.

Ghostrider - Tbh, again I thought this was actually smooth unlike most, but aggressive in the turns. It feels like a bigger Fobia. Quite a suprise as I was expecting basically Mean Streak... but no, I ended up laughing most the way through.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Lets see, I've got....
Boss, Boulder Dash, Cannonball Run, Cheetah, Cyclops, Excalibur, GhostRider, Great White, Hoosier Hurricane, Hurricane Cat.5, Kingdom Coaster, Legend, Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain, Megafobia, Outlaw, Pegasus, Raven, Shivering Timbers, Silver Comet, Stampida, Tomahawk, Twisted Twins, Underground, Villain, Zach's Zoomer, and....Zeus

Top three would be Boulder Dash, Cornball, and Lost Coaster (don't hate). Bottom would be in no order Zeus, Boss, and Raven. I'm not sure what the hate for Underground is... Its not the biggest or best ride around but it doesn't suck. Its just kinda... different. <3

Martyn B

CF Legend
Only been on two, but I really like both of them, Megafobia and Tonnerre de Zeus.

Neither are filled with airtime, but they both feel so out of control, and I love way the way that Zeus just keeps on going at such a silly speed. Zeus is probably one of my all time favourite coasters.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
ECG said:
We had a really good time there the first visit in 2009 & again in 2010 until Snoo lost his wallet. I'm pretty sure we all thought LCoSM was really unique & quite fun (except perhaps Gavin)

I really liked Lost Coaster. I thought the park it was in was **** ing horrible though. It may have been that rude c**t on the entrance gate that put on a downer on things immediately, but I thought the place was a hole.

ECG said:
no one (except perhaps Gavin) could understand why I liked Legend so much.

I remember liking Legend at the time, but if you asked me about it now, I've got to be honest and say that I can't remember much about it. I can't remember Raven either. I think that's maybe down to riding soooooooo many coasters in such a short space of time; unless it stands out as exceptionally good or bad, or there's been plenty of re-rides, then a lot of coasters tend to merge into one for me now.

Onto the task at hand:

1. Boulder Dash - My favourite coaster, so clearly going to be at the top of my list.

2. Megafobia - Probably an unfair rating as I'm basing it off riding it in its opening year and I haven't been back since. I LOVED it at the time though, and that's all I've got to go on.

3. Tonnerre de Zeus - Maybe it's because I knew nothing about it, and you can't see most of it until you're riding, but I really liked this.

4. Cornball Express - It was good, but not great. It may have been a case of overhyping. Yes, there's some great airtime, but the coaster doesn't really flow very well.

5. Lost Coaster - Really fun and quirky ride. Too bad it kept breaking down and we only got to ride it once though. Still, I'm glad I got the chance.

6. Legend - as mentioned above, I remember liking it at the time, but couldn't tell you why now if you asked me.

7. Raven - As above really. I remember this being fun but very short.

8. Boss - This would probably be higher if I got to ride it again now. The only thing I really remember about it is feeling very, very ill from the night before and not wanting to be there. Unfair I know, but I remember nothing else about it.

9. Hoosier Hurricane - Meh, whatever. The location was nice, but the coaster itself was bland.

10. Stampida - I actually quite liked it, especially the first drops sitting in the back. Didn't do much after that. I have to say, I've been on a lot worse woodies.

11. Tomahawk - I was tempted to put this higher actually. For a kiddy coaster, it's nuts. It's here now though, so **** it.

Typing that out, I've realised just how good CCI coasters actually are. Even the ones at the bottom of the list I've quite liked. They're mostly all very different from each other as well. GCI may have the consistency, but CCI seem to have an unpredictability about them, for better or worse, that I actually really like.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
gavin said:
I really liked Lost Coaster. I thought the park it was in was **** ing horrible though. It may have been that rude c**t on the entrance gate that put on a downer on things immediately, but I thought the place was a hole.
Yeah, I remember that you didn't like something & though it might have been LCoSM rather than the park itself & that bitch at the gate definitely put a dampener on the day for everyone & Snoo losing his wallet just killed it off.

gavin said:
I remember liking Legend at the time, but if you asked me about it now, I've got to be honest and say that I can't remember much about it.
You & I were the only ones who liked it because of the speed & the way it never let up until it hit the final brake run, which was the thing that Taylor complained about. At least she agreed with us about the pop of airtime it had, which someone else (honestly can't remember who) said I was just imagining.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Of the three I know Ive been on (as I may have hit another, not sure though):

Legend
Raven
Villain

I love them to be honest. They provided a fun ride that I never had a bad experience on. Legend is a smaller, and more lateral intense, form of Voyage with how it NEVER seems to lose its speed. Same with Raven now that I think about it.

Although, Legend at night in the mist <3

bmac

Giga Poster
Only been on two CCI coasters so far but next year that should become 3. I've ridden Kingdom Coaster @ Dutch Wonderland and Great White @ Morey's Piers. I haven't ridden KC since I was 7 (according to my mom, I don't even remember the park all that much) and I rode Great White last year. Great White was good fun, slightly rougher than most woodies I've been on but it's got a real nice set of hills at the tail end that give some good floater.