• Superman SFGam

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Out of interest, how come you liked Acrobat much more than Manta @Serena; I thought they were clones of one another?

Sometimes it feels to me like coasters with the same layout can still ride kinda differently. In the same way that some SLCs and Boomerangs are more tolerable than others, despite being the same layout.

I also think timing had a lot to do with it. I rode Manta in 2012, and it gave me a massive headche. But since then, I feel like I've become more 'hardened' to ride forces, and found riding Acrobat last year was way more enjoyable. Tldr: I was expecting a headache from Acrobat and didn't get one, therefore I liked it much more haha.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sometimes it feels to me like coasters with the same layout can still ride kinda differently. In the same way that some SLCs and Boomerangs are more tolerable than others, despite being the same layout.

I also think timing had a lot to do with it. I rode Manta in 2012, and it gave me a massive headche. But since then, I feel like I've become more 'hardened' to ride forces, and found riding Acrobat last year was way more enjoyable. Tldr: I was expecting a headache from Acrobat and didn't get one, therefore I liked it much more haha.
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @Serena!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I personally really enjoy B&M Flying coasters - I had an unpleasant experience on Superman at Six Flags Over Georgia in 2015, but after reriding it in December 2018, my opinion changed. It has quite an enjoyable layout, accentuated by the terrain integration. The pretzel loop feels just forceful enough where it's not blackout-inducing, whereas on Manta's it was hard for me to keep my eyes open. I prefer Manta to Superman because it's a larger and longer ride; while it doesn't have much terrain, the sensation of flying high above that area's greenery and pathways was very relaxing. The second half escapes my memory, save for the corkscrew; that corkscrew was as expected, a bit whippy on the entrance and exit, with a touch of hangtime at the top.