What's new

Best and Worst Roller Coaster Manufacturer

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Because giving the stock answer of "Togo" shows that you know your coaster stuff, even if you've never ridden one and don't really know what the hell you're talking about. It's lazy as well as inaccurate.

You want a truly **** coaster company, look at Soquet.

nadroJ

CF Legend
As for personal hatred, Pinfari or Gerstlauer, probably more likely to go with Gerst because they've infected the coaster world like a sub par virus, with LOADS of bigger parks purchasing their crap and passing it off as something good. The majority of their rides are **** awful and I hate how popular they've become <//3

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
but Gerstlauer do have the rather awesome bobsled coasters (particularly Heisse Fahrt(klotten) and vilda musen (grona lund))

Martyn B

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
As for personal hatred, Pinfari or Gerstlauer, probably more likely to go with Gerst because they've infected the coaster world like a sub par virus, with LOADS of bigger parks purchasing their crap and passing it off as something good. The majority of their rides are **** awful and I hate how popular they've become <//3

I really want to agree with this, but.... Anubis <3

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
nadroJ said:

I really want to agree with this, but.... Anubis <3

Also, Klotti Coaster is fab!!!, but i agree that some of their coasters (Saw and Speed) can just be unbearably rough at points

TilenB

Strata Poster
Idk, probably I'm getting this topic a little bit different to others.
In my opinion the worst manufacturer is the one that has completely failed in coaster business, for example - Doppelmayr or even Caripro.
In that matter the best coaster manufacturer is Bolliger and Mabillard, just due to the fact that none of its coasters have ever been scrapped (thats over 75 of them!)

spud

Roller Poster
^I've only ever ridden one Caripro ride, which was Batflyer at Lightwater valley, which was a maintenance nightmare and broke down almost constantly. But as for the ride, it was alot of fun!

Pinfaris are pretty damn awful, so i guess they'd be my worst.
Best between B&M and intamin.

Schwarzkopf's are also what i'd consider a 'good' manufacturer, although thier buissness was bit of a disaster. But thier coasters are certainly standing the test of time.

Mike

Giga Poster
With the possible unique exception of Wild West Mine Train at Ocean Park, Zamperla have made many, many truly awful, back-breaking, rough, painful and/or uninspiring coasters in their time and must surely be considered for the worst manufacturer award.

I'm a bit shocked I haven't seen E&F Miler mentioned in this topic yet. Even for kids coasters, they produce a hell of a lot of utter crap; and when they did attempt to create an larger ride, this happened:
8ceeo00dc017jikm0jns15.jpg
!

Best coaster manufacturer?
B&M are an obvious answer for their consistency of creating great coasters, although they didn't get off to the best of starts with creating Vortex and Iron Wolf.
I also really like GCI and have a bunch of them in my top 30 or whatever, even though they didn't get off to the best of starts either with the Roars, Wildcat or Gwazi!

misscarlye

Roller Poster
Worst for me has to be pinfari, too many headaches caused by their looping death machines to warrant them in any form of good steed!

As for the best, I do love lisebergbanan and Schwarzkopf did make some epics, but for the glass smooth heaven that is a good B&M I think it has to go to them.

fefa

Mega Poster
best: B&M - classy rides, very smooth and high reliability!
Worst: RCCA

I gotta be totally honest, I'm not a huge fan of Intamin AT ALL either ... they are simply too unreliable imo and not very comfortable.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
I'd say B&M is the best based on their record. They are usually reliable, but rarely push the limits. I'm glad to see no one has so far bashed Intamin, my personal favorite. They may not have the best record with reliability, but they have been the one pushing the limits and getting new ride technology done. Stuff isn't going to work as expected when you're doing something that hasn't been done before. There is no book to look at, there is no example. They've written the book and have made the examples.

The worst I've ridden would probably be TOGO. I've only ridden one, Manhattan Express at NYNY. I tried marathoning that one night in Vegas, but I couldn't make it to close; I had too much of a headache by then due largely to the ride. I liked the layout and the elements, it was just rough as hell.

Rob

Mega Poster
Intamin take number 1 spot for me. Intamin offer such a wide range of rides and what they do, in my experience, they do very well. From Furius Baco to Stealth, I LOVE accelerators. No other manufacture has delivered what Intamin have in terms of a ground breaking product and I don't think any other high-budget coaster type has taken the market by quite as much storm. As for the rest of Intamin, Colossus is a shameless, world record eater, it doesn't try and be anything else and excusing the head-banging complaints, it actually does the job pretty well. Now buy some nice KumbaK trains and the world will rejoice. Their other rides, well, I have limited scope for opinion, I've done some of the kiddie rides, and Th13teen for instance, is great for what it is. Mis-marketed yes, but for what it actually is, in terms of height and elements, it's quite nice indeed.
I'll just add a bit about B&M, I have had a great amount of enjoyment from their coasters, but I just don't think they offer the continuous innovation of intamin. Granted, what they do do, they do exceptionally well, but, you always know roughly what you're getting with a B&M, and it's never the sheer bombardment of everything you get from the likes of Stealth, it's more a steady journey through excellently joined, smooth rolls.

Worst? Geurstlauer. Eurofighters are not a favourite for me. They're a mid0budget coaster, but the trains are cramped, the experience very rushed and all in all, I just think Maurer Sohne offered far more from their X-car, shame it didn't go their way.

scarywaffles

Roller Poster
B&M for the win! hohoho..super smooth and a really big name in RC manufacturing.. though not so flexible as intamin. B&M relies solely on gravity ( at least they are good at it ) gerstlauer is not bad also.

Gravity group is the real deal in woodies for me, oh the airtime in Voyage is soo yummy! lenghtiest in any woods ( 29 seconds i think, not sure though) and the high five element in Dauling dragons ( yes, I spelled it right... is also cool.

Pinfari sucks.. tbh, too shaky, and too carnival-ish, lack creativity ( made to be cloned )

so for me, Intamin, and Bolliger and Mabillard, and Gravity group. :D