Best and Worst launch coasters?

andrus

Giga Poster
Best launch: Furius Baco
Worst launch: Blue Fire

Best launch coaster: Stealth
Worst launch coaster: Kanonen

furie said:
Worst launch (actually worse that R'n'RC) is Kanonen. Weak launch into what feels like brakes.
Tbh Kanonens launch aint that bad. It's short, yes. And it has breaks after it, yes. But it's rather forceful for the short period of time it lasts! :p (It's a terrbile coaster all in all though)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Best launch: Dragster
Worst launch: Revenge of the Mummy (Hollywood)

Best launching coaster: Maverick
Worst launching coaster: Montezooma’s Revenge

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Best: TTD
Worst: Revolution, although the ride as a whole is quite enjoyable.

Mentionable ones inbetween: Maverick's is fun, not wholly intense though. Kingda Ka's actually sucked - I was like "Is that it?". Anubis is fab! Rita's launch is dire, and Stealth's used to give me a huge adrenaline boost, but just gives a slight kick to me nowadays. Stormrunner's launch was pretty 'meh' too, which was a bit disappointing. Verbolten's are fun, and the ride as a whole was beyond anything I could have predicted.

I'm sure there's a few more I could talk about if I could even retrace them in my memory.

peep

CF Legend
The best launch for me might have to be Anubis/Shock - basically any rolling launch. I think the fact you're moving already makes the impact of the launch even more brilliant. Honorable mentions for Formulae X (sp?) and Kingda Ka.
Worst launch, Space Mountain: Mission 2. I LOVE the ride as a whole but I do agree that the launch isn't great.

Best overall launch coaster for me is either Anubis or iSpeed, I can't quite decide. Both have a fantastic layout.
Worst overall launch coaster has to be Furious Baco, great launch but with a dull layout made even worse with those trains of death.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Best launches:

Dodonpa
Stealth
Fluch Von Novgorod? I remember it being surprisingly forceful

Best launch coasters:

Blue Fire
Atlantis Adventure (quite a powerful little launch as well)
Anubis

Worst launch and coaster:

Space Mountain: Mission Poo

Kanonen was **** as well.

Dave

CF Legend
Furius Baco has a particularly forceful launch, it was really good, especially with the drop at the end of the launch, but the rest of the ride just makes it an awful ride. Just constant bumping, and rough.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Best launch would be the one for the former Turbine. I guess it's because of the powerfull and brutal Schwarzkopf Flywheel launch. In combination with the icy cold temperature in the station, the scent of burnt rubber and the roaring sound of the motor, this is my best launch.

Worst launch is Xpress (Walibi Holland). I don't know why, but this one I found rather boring. Though it is launched at 90 kph., which is slower that Turbine and as fast as Anubis, there is a huge difference.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Best launch itself: TTD
Worst: Steeplechase @ Coney Island (Zamperla Horse launch like Pony Express @ Knotts)
Most Disappointing: Kingda Ka

Best Coaster: Maverick
Worst: Steeplechase @ Coney Island
Most Disappointing: Kingda Ka

Beans

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
The best launch for me is still Stealth, gets me right in the gut every time! Anubis was a really fun and rerideable and another mention goes to Shock at Rainbow Magic Land.

I think the worst is probably Space Mountain Mission 2 for me.

I don't think I could have put it better myself Jordan, Stealth really does pack that punch, where as Space Mountain 2 tries to kill you.... Do Like Mavericks little Launch though...

Smithy

Strata Poster
Only been on the 3 UK launch coasters.

Velocity is the best, just enjoyed the seating style more than the stronger launch of Rita.

Stealth is the worst, found it far too rough.