What's new

Bellewaerde Park | Mundo Amazonia | Intamin Rapids & More | 2024

I'm visiting in August, I know this the exact sort of attraction that will be neutered eventually.

Or......not? seems they are now closed indefinitely.

𝗙𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗮𝗮𝗻𝗴
We regret to announce that the new water attraction Amazonia will have to close its doors for an indefinite period due to persistent technical problems. Amazonia is a unique prototype in the world. This involves many technical challenges. The attraction's manufacturer, INTAMIN, will carry out work in the coming weeks to find a solution to the persistent technical problems.
"We understand that this news is a disappointment for our visitors, but the safety and quality of our attractions are paramount," said the management of Bellewaerde Park. "We hope that the attraction manufacturer will be able to provide an effective solution as soon as possible and we cannot yet comment on the exact reopening date.
However, the new area, Mundo Amazonia, as well as the new kiddie-coaster "Brazilian Buggies", the mini-trunk "Rio Do Cacao", the new food point "Tropical Takeaway" and the new souvenir shop "Samba Souvenirs" will remain open to the public.
And then of course there are our many other attractions, our Bengali show, our animals and other experiences in the park that offer families an unforgettable day out.

Now why the hell has that facebook link formatted like that?

To be fair, it was open for way longer than TT2.
So glad that I did it first thing in the morning on the day of my visit.

Ahhhhhhh I'm going to be there in 3 weeks. I was sort of half expecting something like this, and thought the worst of the problems were behind them, but still its annoying.

Fingers crossed I don't get spited by the Topple Tower, I love riding the weird stuff.

I
Ahhhhhhh I'm going to be there in 3 weeks. I was sort of half expecting something like this, and thought the worst of the problems were behind them, but still its annoying.

Fingers crossed I don't get spited by the Topple Tower, I love riding the weird stuff.
Went two weeks ago and whilst the new rapids were running, the Topple Tower was down...

The ride was down the other day and looked pretty unlikely to reopen for a while. Bellewaerde made a pretty stupid decision IMO with this addition. They already have a brilliant rapids ride and Amazonia just kind of feels unneeded. Another family coaster would of been way more suitable or a nice dark ride. It looks like a funky rapids but honestly in temperate Belgium they already have enough water rides at this park.