What's new
Absolutely love the aspirations! Thought it'd be the perfect time to start predicting what they could do in the future. It says on the article that the dream would be 1, 2 or 3 indoor attractions, so what could work for Belantis, a park that already has 4 Gerstlauer coasters.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'll say this about any park which doesn't have one, but an interactive shooter dark ride would be great for the park. I could see a system like Bazyliszek at Legendia being great for Belantis in particular. Even a classic ghost train ride could work tbh.

I think a Rapids ride would be good for the park too. I guess you could have one which is largely indoors, but I think it would important to make sure it doesn't come across as too similar to their log flume.

The thing with Belantis is, on paper, it's a pretty well rounded park with a good mix of attractions. But when I went, it just didn't really click for me. A dark ride or two would help, but it would be great if the park could inject a bit more charm and life around as well.

And as mentioned above, investment in the park in recent years has been all mouth and no trousers.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The thing with Belantis is, on paper, it's a pretty well rounded park with a good mix of attractions.
And that's why Parques Reunidos bought it. They are not interested in developing their parks, they're buying parks with an attraction lineup already in place and limited local competition. Then they keep them operating as-is, maybe closing some of the costlier attractions or cutting the number of staff, then sit back and let the cash flow in.

Think of it like playing Rollercoaster Tycoon, building a small park and leaving the computer on overnight while the parks make money. When you wake up the next morning, you'll have a small mountain of cash, which you'll presumably use to build the coaster of your dreams. Parques Reunidos does something similar, but they do so on a save file already completed by somebody else, and the mountain of cash is paid out to investors instead.

In short, forget a dark ride or rapids ride, Uncle José wants a new Ferrari.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
And that's why Parques Reunidos bought it. They are not interested in developing their parks, they're buying parks with an attraction lineup already in place and limited local competition. Then they keep them operating as-is, maybe closing some of the costlier attractions or cutting the number of staff, then sit back and let the cash flow in.

Think of it like playing Rollercoaster Tycoon, building a small park and leaving the computer on overnight while the parks make money. When you wake up the next morning, you'll have a small mountain of cash, which you'll presumably use to build the coaster of your dreams. Parques Reunidos does something similar, but they do so on a save file already completed by somebody else, and the mountain of cash is paid out to investors instead.

In short, forget a dark ride or rapids ride, Uncle José wants a new Ferrari.
Tbf, that was the case for a long time. But seeing that they are really doing their best to redevelop the parcs in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany, I think it is no longer the case.
Okay they won't ever reach Family-owned level of quality, but they are going in the direction of CDA-level, which is quiet okay if you ask me :)

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I know my reply is a bit late, but I wanted to say that I totally agree with you. it's always exciting to see what theme parks have in store for the future. It sounds like Belantis has some big plans in the works, and I'm curious to see what they come up with for their indoor attractions. With four Gerstlauer coasters already, they definitely have a strong foundation to build upon.
I think you posted this a few days ago???? Why'd you delete and post again?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I too 3 years after an empty promise of investments that never materialised (again) am super excited for the future of Belantis!