What's new

Bayern Park | FirleFranz | Gerstlauer Family coaster | 2023

Niles

Giga Poster
I thought this coaster deserved its own topic because for a family coaster it looks quite unique with elements like a spike and switch track, the park are also redoing their main entrance.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg
Source & Source

See below pervious updates on the coaster and park:

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Work progressing nicely, layout's almost done:

bayern2.jpgbayern1.jpg

And a quick mockup of the full layout I did:
screenshot-2023-03-01-22-14-09.png

Love these little multi-direction, reuse-the-same-track kind of concepts!

More photos:

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
Gerstlauer yet again showing how weird their footer connections are 😅 having to adjust the supports with those wooden wedges before removing them to to cast the concrete just doesn't make sense

Lofty

CF Legend
Love these little multi-direction, reuse-the-same-track kind of concepts!
Same.

They're just a really innovative way to get more bang for your buck. They're really really clever ways to elongate and add a dynamic experience to the coaster. Cannot wait to see this form of switches appear on much bigger coasters - which inevitably will happen.

Looks to be a really interesting project. I know that Drayton in the UK has a 2024 family thrill coaster in the works, something like this could work really well there.

Last edited:

Tulum

Mega Poster
I am happy for the park to have a new coaster. The whole area just doesn't add up, the colors and the new wood just look horrible. I really hope the area will look better with some plants and time leaving its traces on in.

cookie

Giga Poster
The eyes on the side suggest this rollercoaster train is naturally a train that is preyed upon. Unlike say Thomas the Tank Engine who's eyes are on the front of his head and is therefore more likely a predator train. This opens up some worrying questions. 🤔
All I’m seeing is that Franz-Xaver needs to go see a dentist.

Last edited:

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
What a cool little coaster, it does so much in such a small footprint. But I dread to think what the throughput is for it.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
What a cool little coaster, it does so much in such a small footprint. But I dread to think what the throughput is for it.
It runs a 20 passenger train and is in the same park that happily runs Freischütz on one 12 passenger train, it'll be fine.

The coaster did indeed open last week and while construction isn't finished (some areas are still being paved, the second launch is a concrete building and will be themed in 2024), it's pretty much a go. Some photos as per Coasterfriends;
PXL_20230501_125908812.jpg
PXL_20230501_131704252.jpg
PXL_20230501_125933714.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"Opened last week" is all I need to hear. :)