Which one do you like better?

• Balder

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Colossus

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I'm travelling to Liseberg this year and I'd like to know what you think is better, Balder at Liseberg or Colossus at Heide Park?

Edit: Corrected spelling of 'Blader or Colossus?' topic title and added poll. - ECG

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Blader or Colossus?

Just a heads up, it's Balder* and Colossos* :) .

Anyway, haven't ridden Colossos, but it looks better to me than Balder. Balder's hills only give you a little pop of (ejector) airtime but I prefer more sustained airtime. Balder does seem to be smoother from what I've heard. It is a great coaster either way.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Owen - Why no poll?

Not even close. Blader is such a let down of an Intamin prefab, whereas Colossos hits the nail on the head. Intamin Plug 'N Plays are all about drops (especially the first one) and ejector air. Colossos has both, but Balder's drops are meh and the airtime is minimal compared to the others.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
ECG said:
Owen - Why no poll?

Not even close. Blader is such a let down of an Intamin prefab, whereas Colossos hits the nail on the head. Intamin Plug 'N Plays are all about drops (especially the first one) and ejector air. Colossos has both, but Balder's drops are meh and the airtime is minimal compared to the others.
I made this on tapatalk so couldn't make a poll.

Thats a shame as it looks like a fantastic ride.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've done Colossos one and Balder about 10. Balder edges it for me because that one ride on Colossos failed to get my juices flowing. I've had at least one good ride on Balder, but I don't think it's as good as most people say it is.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Balder is my least favourite of the 4 Intamin prefab woodies.

It's still a good ride, but really falls short when compared to the other 3.

S

SimonSays99

Balder is a great and very fun ride - but I go with bigger, faster, better in this case: Colossos.

Colossos is a ride I can re-ride again and again - and thats the only coaster I can say that for at Heide-Park.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Colossos by a mile and a half. Balder was fun, and I would happily ride again, but Colossos is so much better in every department.

andrus

Giga Poster
Colossos easily! Balder is a slow, repetitive and boring ride. While the layout of Colossos might not seem much more imaginative, the sheer speed and the powerful airtime makes it a very exciting ride! It's just the final bunny hops on Colossos that are a bit weaker (Balder airtime).

Ben

CF Legend
I think I prefer Balder but it's really close.

Balder really surprised me this Summer as I wasn't expecting much from what people say and it blew me away.

The hills on that thing are so fit.

They're both so much better then El Toro.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Definitely Colossos. Balder was a massive let down, and I cannot understand why anyone rates it so highly.

Colossos delivers exactly what it's supposed to deliver - amazing, sustained ejector airtime on multiple hills.

Balder never really seemed to hit its stride, and I don't rate it at all. The ride doesn't deliver enough of a punch on the bigger hills where it could actually have sustained some airtime, and the pops of ejector airtime on the later hills are so brief they're over as soon as they begin. I wasn't expecting amazing things from the ride, but even with my limited expectations going in I was left massively disappointed. I'd rather have a mega-lite any day.

Darren B

Giga Poster
They're both fantastic coasters, and it's hard to split them. But I'll give it too Colossos.

Agree with Ben, both are miles better than El Boro.