What's new

Bad moments on good rides

I’d also like to mention the S-Bends up the hill on Helix. Not forceful, not dynamic, just… kinda there.

To be extrapolated on within my upcoming trip report - the lateral side turn at 1:10 on Wildcat's Revenge. When not banking turns becomes uncool:

I don't think I'm a big fan of Iron Rattler's little clifftop bunny hills. They're definitely an improvement over the slow-as-molasses helix they replaced, and to be fair, the train loses so much speed jumping up there that there's not much else they could've done, but I still feel like it's a too-long loss of momentum in the middle of an otherwise very well-paced ride.

The big jolt at the bottom of SAW: The Ride's main drop. Total buzzkill.

The airtime hills on The Smiler. Contrary to what I see most people saying, I found the airtime on these to be relatively weak. I would say that SAW's hill and MCBR or maybe even Colossus' hill just before the cobra roll is better.

Last edited:
Oh, weirdly I came onto this thread to say the same thing. I think SAW is running pretty well for a Gerst its age, but that jolt at the bottom of the main drop really gets you.

"Total buzzkill". Heh, I see what you did there ;)