What's new

Australia PTR - Part 4: Sydney & Luna Park

peep

CF Legend
Another well written and amusing report. I might end up going to Oz in a couple of years (I know a few peeps moving out there) so it's nice to read reports that are a bit different to the usual standard praise you hear of the place.

Also, what's the exciting looking animal in the tree that isn't a koala?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I love the pictures that aren't the 'conventional pictures' of the opera house and bridge. By this I mean the typical ones everyone takes from the same angle and distance. It's great seeing the front of the opera house and a picture from almost underneath the bridge.

I also like the look of the park, amazing locality, it does look a bit of a dump I suppose, also appears dead for such a nice day? Great report :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Australia PTR - Part 4: Sydney & Luna Park

^^ It's a tree kangaroo.

^ Yeah, it was dead, but it was a Monday afternoon outside of any school holidays.

Darren B

Giga Poster
That wooden coaster looks Amazing! I wish there was one at Thorpe Park. The problem is that Blackpool is too far away for me to travel. I'm not capable of taking public transport unless it goes to Staines train station, or at worst, Stoke-on-Trent. Plus, it's not owned by Merlin so it's not actually worth visiting. And the £32 entrance fee is going to dig into my PortAventura funds, so it just won't ever happen.

Anyways, great report as ever Gavin. But for now I shall go back to watching POV's of Stealth and fapping over Chessington construction photos. Goodnight.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: Australia PTR - Part 4: Sydney & Luna Park

That park looks great. Just the sort of old cheesy crap I can't get enough of. Shame the wild mouse wasn't as good as Blackpool's (or not , as it means I won't feel the need to go half the way world to try it). Nice report Gavin :)

tks

Strata Poster
Ahhh Sydney <3

That Wild Mouse was only made exciting by the prospect of the whole thing suddenly sliding into the harbour. They definitely need the extra layer Blackpool added on.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Gavin said:
Contrary to popular belief, and some Staffordshire primary school teachers, Tasmanian Devils are real animals.

Guffaw!

Gavin said:
I’ll look forward to Furie’s polite comment to acknowledge that he’s read it

It may take me a while, but I always do :)

Sydney always reminds me of home... Well the bridge does at least:
1637392_f15e134a.jpg

Obviously the lack of plastic scousers, shell suits, chemical outlets into the water, mutant wildlife, slightly sweet smelling yet slowly deadly miasma over the town, random crime, grime, mutant locals, nightclubs with bars on the windows, a misguided sense of pride due to the misinformation that they had that design of bridge first, being too close to Lofty, the home of asbestos (and its dumps and scandals), sulphuric acid golf courses, mustard gas factories, anthrax dumps and proximity to Gulliver's Warrington aren't quite the same - but it reminds me home anyway ;)

Gazza

Giga Poster
The next day I tried to save time when meeting a friend for lunch by taking the subway for two stations instead of walking. Not even joking: one train every ten minutes. Ludicrous.
Haha Sydneys trains are pretty ****...It's not really a proper subway, it's perhaps more akin to the RER in Paris, essentially a suburban railway where several lines converge and go underground when they reach the CBD, hence the patchy frequency.

As odd as it sounds, Perth over in Western Australia (The place with the Eurofighter for everyone else) probably has the best public transport, despite only being a fairly small city.

It probably wouldn't help at this point to say that the Luna Park in Melbourne is worse than the Sydney one, if you ever get down there :lol: