What's new

Anyone know why El Toro is closed?

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Heading out to SFGAdv this next week and I heard that the Bull has been closed down for like a week now. Anyone know why, or for how long? I hope they reopen it soon, because after next week I won't be going back to the park for a long time, so I'd like to get a chance to ride that woodie!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I believe I read on Twitter that its lift motor ate it. I can't be assed to go back and check tho.

BBH

Giga Poster
Yeah, its motor blew out the other day and it may be another week (maybe a little less) until it's up and running again.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
^Umm, get your facts right, bro. The track was made by Intamin because it was prefabricated, then RMC put it together. You should have said "Isn't it made by Intamin?". Gosh....

TheEngineer

Roller Poster
I was there today and heres what i know. First of all, the workers at Six Flags are either clueless about whats happening or are not supposed to tell the public. I asked a worker who told me that El Toro had been closed for about 5 days. From watching the engineers work on the ride, it is clear that the problem is the motor on the cable lift. Its shot. As far as when itll be fixed, my guess is that they are working their buts off to get it fixed in time for fright fest. El Toro is one of the best coasters Ive ever ridden hands down.

Mike

Giga Poster
Jason Voorhees said:
^Umm, get your facts right, bro. The track was made by Intamin because it was prefabricated, then RMC put it together. You should have said "Isn't it made by Intamin?". Gosh....

Make / Model: Intamin AG / Other / Wooden Coaster (Prefabricated Track)
Builder: Ingenieur-Holzbau Cordes
Designer: Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH
(Source: RCDB)

Since when did RMC even exist back in 2005/2006? :?

Darren B

Giga Poster
^ they did build it Mike.

They weren't credited for it but I'm 100% sure they built it.

I'm sure that's the only involvement they had with it though, nothing to do with designing etc.

This came up a couple of years ago and everyone argued blind it was Intamin, until UC corrected everyone :)

Although UC is a good enough source, here is their website...

http://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/rol ... sters.html

bmac

Giga Poster
Pretty sure it's the exact same lift mechanism that i305 has, not surprised two engines eat it within a few weeks of each other. Hope the ACE people get their monies worth and can participate in RotB5.