What's new

Anyone feel stuck living in a area with only relatively few theme parks?

Velocity

Roller Poster
I'm in the Northwest area of the US and there are only relatively few theme parks around. There is only one park which opens in May and ends in September, but I am far from that park. I'd be 10 times happier if we'd have at least a Busch-Gardens sized theme park, being able to ride bigger rides!

What's worse is that I can't plan trips my own without consent, and vacations are expensive indeed.

Honestly there should be more theme parks in our area, but many of them failed, also land is very expensive with little space to build a park, added with rain.

Anyone have thoughts?

I've always liked the look of Washington and Oregon in terms of the trees and greenery, but I guess it's frustrating if there aren't really any theme parks. Silverwood in Idaho looks pretty good, but it sounds like that's quite far from you? All I can say is, enjoy your vacations and look forward to some great trips when you're older. 👍

I've always liked the look of Washington and Oregon in terms of the trees and greenery, but I guess it's frustrating if there aren't really any theme parks. Silverwood in Idaho looks pretty good, but it sounds like that's quite far from you? All I can say is, enjoy your vacations and look forward to some great trips when you're older. 👍
The nature is nice though!

Where I live now is lacking compared to where I lived before. In a 4 hour radius to my old place I had Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland, Michigan's Adventure, and King's Island. Now I'm in Montreal and the best we have is La Ronde and Great Escape within a 4 hour radius, and then some other dinky places in Maine and Vermont that are more for little kids. SFNE, Canada's Wonderland, and Lake Compounce are just around 5 hours but that's too much for a day trip in my opinion. So compared to before I feel lacking, but your situation is probably more dire over there!

Where I live now is lacking compared to where I lived before. In a 4 hour radius to my old place I had Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland, Michigan's Adventure, and King's Island. Now I'm in Montreal and the best we have is La Ronde and Great Escape within a 4 hour radius, and then some other dinky places in Maine and Vermont that are more for little kids. SFNE, Canada's Wonderland, and Lake Compounce are just around 5 hours but that's too much for a day trip in my opinion. So compared to before I feel lacking, but your situation is probably more dire over there!
Unfornately the biggest park (which is still not big) in our area is in Idaho, which is about 5 hours away, 4 hours if lucky. That's one of our only theme parks. None are owned by the top park companies. You're still quite lucky to have a large park near driving distance! We don't have many options but you guys sure do!