What's new

Any RMCs for Six Flags in 2019?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I just made this topic because while I was reading about BGT's announcement teaser for 30th April, it made me think; 2019 is going to be a busy year for RMC across the world if the rumours are anything to go by! Here's everything that's rumoured or announced at present:
  • IBox conversion of White Cyclone at Nagashima Spa Land. (Officially announced)
  • IBox conversion of Robin Hood at Walibi Holland. (Officially announced)
  • IBox conversion of Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa. (Rumoured)
  • RMC of some sort for Kennywood. (Rumoured)
That's a total of 4 rides rumoured or confirmed for 2019. That's probably one of the busiest years they've ever had since they started manufacturing coasters in 2011, beaten only by 6 in 2018 as far as I know! Anyway, the main reason I made this thread was because Six Flags has been one of RMC's key customers since they began manufacturing coasters, and they have only not bought any coasters from RMC in 2012 and 2017 so far. However, the company's schedule seems quite cramped in 2019, so will Six Flags be able to squeeze a coaster or two out of them for 2019? I reckon no, other than possibly a WWGLC clone. What do you guys think?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I guess we will see more Wonder Woman coasters popping up if the one at SFFT is a success - and they will all have the same layout, name, theme, and pieces of decoration. Not sure if they can commission them quickly enough to be built in 2019, however. I would think it takes at least a season to gauge its performance, and at least a year to do all the paperwork required for building more of them.

Then again, SFFT got the first S&S Free Spin in 2015, and the next one was installed at Great Adventure just a year later. And the year after that Six Flags built three more. So it may be that Wonder Woman will have the same contract scheme: First one pilot project, with another to be delivered a year later unless Six Flags cancels the contract, with the option for a further few to be delivered at a later date. It's cheaper to buy in bulk, after all. So unless Wonder Woman flops terribly, I guess we will be seeing a clone pop up next year, and then another handful in 2020 if the first two are a success.

jodon1981

Roller Poster
If I recall correctly, doesn't Vekoma have a partnership with RMC for something? Wonder if their partnership includes Vekoma manufacturing rides for RMC in Europe/Asia.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
If I recall correctly, doesn't Vekoma have a partnership with RMC for something? Wonder if their partnership includes Vekoma manufacturing rides for RMC in Europe/Asia.
thats exactly what it is. Vekoma manufactured wildfire under RMC, much like they used to do with Arrow.

jodon1981

Roller Poster
thats exactly what it is. Vekoma manufactured wildfire under RMC, much like they used to do with Arrow.
Here's hoping that RMC is significantly less trusting with their IP than Arrow was...:emoji_grimacing::emoji_grimacing::emoji_grimacing:

In that case, if RMC Robin Hood and White Cyclone are being manufactured by Vekoma, that should free them up for at least one more US project in addition to all of RMC's side business with S&S and Skyline.

Jared

Hyper Poster
I was under the impression that Vekoma are RMCs parts and sales team in Europe and that the track and trains etc are built in the states.

The only aspect of Wildfire Vekoma built was the steel on the lift hill.

ryanrum

Roller Poster
Maybe ROAR or something. BOSS is another possible one. But other than that it will probably be a ground up one if they do add any.

Last edited: