tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: American Football 2013 Edition

NEW DRAFT TIME

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 21 @ at 11PM EST

State if it doesn't work.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Just took a closer look at the scoring settings. Man, we are in for some barn-burners! I feel like QBs may be a little too overpowered, but I guess having to start 2 of them could help balance things out a bit, and boosting RB & WR scoring as well keeps things pretty fair.

The benches seem pretty huge too, for a 10-team league. We're going to have to dig deep to find value on the waiver wire, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like being able to hoard so many useful players on your bench kind of offsets one of the biggest challenges of playing competitive fantasy football. Namely, making shrewd roster management decisions over the course of the long season - having to make the tough calls about who to cut, who to keep, who to trade, and who to pick up if one of your players gets injured. With such a deep bench, it seems to me that it'll be a little easier to just draft your team & more or less roll with it all season long.

I'm not necessarily advocating that we make any changes, just offering up my thoughts for discussion.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I haven't looked at roster sizes, and it will be decreased now that I look at it. I did mess with some scoring, but I'm gonna go through again tonight and just tinker a bit more.

PLEASE post any questions, this is a transparent commissionership and I WILL listen. HEAR THAT NSA!!!

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Good changes, Tom. Scoring looks a little more balanced now, and rosters of 15 are pretty fair for a 10-team league. Only suggestion I'd make now would be to have 1, maybe 2 IR spots, but I'm also fine if we don't keep that. Also, what's the difference between "D" and "DEF"?

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
^ individual defensive players. If you go to my team there are 4 things it says offense kickers defense and defensive players. I thing we should get rid of defensive players and just do team defense. Don't know if anyone else noticed this or cares if we do individual players but I really don't think we should do it.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
We have one defensive player to go with the Defense/Special team. I LOVE defensive players, so it's something I wanted to bring to this league. The points aren't much, but with the right person, it could mean a win or loss in a close game.

The one thing I want is someone to have to justify keeping that injured person, I will add one more bench spot, but that's it.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
So were only having one defensive player? Okay thats not bad at all. I was just hoping we weren't taking a entire boat load of defensive guys. One guy is really unique thought I like that idea.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's something unique I add to the league I've had for the past 8 years, so I'm used to it. Full defenses would suck though.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Yeah, I like this idea too. I played in an IDP league last year where we had to field a full 4-3 defense: 4 DL, 3 LB, 4 CB/S. It was kinda cool but I also didn't really know what I was doing as far as draft strategy with those guys, so my defense kinda blew. This way will be much less stressful. :roll:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Yeah. Tom and I have a nice discussion earlier about the positions and scoring. We came to what we thought was a good balance.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
All new information pertaining to the league will be posted on the league home screen either through commissioner note or in topics. I would LOVE to have a heavy smack talk presence.

Also I will post a poll in the league, but I would like it if the team with the most points was able to choose the worst point getters name for a week. All in fun taste of course. ;)

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
tomahawKSU said:
All new information pertaining to the league will be posted on the league home screen either through commissioner note or in topics. I would LOVE to have a heavy smack talk presence.

Also I will post a poll in the league, but I would like it if the team with the most points was able to choose the worst point getters name for a week. All in fun taste of course. ;)

7 1/2 hours until my draft is better than your draft.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
DRAFT ORDER IS SET AND WAS RANDOM.

1. Big Black Clocks
2.YoJohnsonisClowney
3. The Zolacoaster
4. The Hautians
5. The Placentas
6. Wildfire in my Pants
7. Cap'n Cook
8. Canton Bulldogs
9. Bilbo Swaggins
10. Portland Nemesis

I will listen to any trade offer for the #2 pick, but be prepared to give me your first born if you want it.