What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

This beast looks amazing and much much better than Saw The Ride on looks, when I go to Towers I will make my judgement on if it rides better than Saw (but I think that can be very easy as Saw is very rough)

And I had massive feeling this sign was going to be made by Towers.
263259_571627576201758_1157934061_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Ride is open again! Hurrah! Desticky?

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Coasterfreck said:
This beast looks amazing and much much better than Saw The Ride on looks, when I go to Towers I will make my judgement on if it rides better than Saw (but I think that can be very easy as Saw is very rough)

And I had massive feeling this sign was going to be made by Towers.
263259_571627576201758_1157934061_n.jpg
What did those signs originally say?

Smithy

Strata Poster

That laughing soundtrack is infectious. Will get annoying though in a big queue. Queue line is HUGE, absolute maze, looks very shoddy in places where they've welded roofs on (in odd places too, some parts where you cross under have none so I imagine it's just underneath the inversions), but the vantage points you get of the ride and how close you get to some of it is unreal.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Awesome! I can't wait for tomorrow now! I hope it remains operational!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I'm not going to trust any reviews from an opening day, especially for a ride that people have had to be turned away from until today. There'll be way too much "OMG! It's AMAZING" crap from people simply because they got there first and there's been such a delayed opening with it.

What am I saying? I don't give a flying f**k about other people's opinions until I try something myself anyway.

marc

CF Legend

^Yep pretty much how I feel as well.

Will never forget not getting on Saw yet people the day before did and all said it was amazing. Yet when we did get on it I thought it was just ok.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Yeah, "amazing" is usually the first initial reaction to any coaster. At least people aren't disappointed and moaning like when Th13teen opened.

And btw, Saw favourite here cool)

marc

CF Legend

God will never forget getting off 13 and thinking what a pile of **** that was lol.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^I heard Alton had invited some celebrities for Thirteen opening day, but I didn't know they had that good connections...

Status
Not open for further replies.