Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

scw55 said:
tomahawKSU said:
^Please tell my you are joking right now.

I'm equally infuriated by that comment about rate of construction.
Then again, bear in mind that there are some casual/new users who really aren't in the mood to trawl through 300+pages of forums posts. A large percentage probably talking about soil and concrete.

I guess talk for the near future will be about the Game.

It's common sense that they are completely different things and that no construction project is ever the same. One is in a pit the other is on a flat concrete slab, so yeah, it goes up extremely fast when you don't have to level dirt or have cranes where footers will eventually go to put some track up. It's the way construction works.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I hope that the centre of the robot spider thing has the screens and displays going on. I actually love the idea of this now, they're spun the entire thing so well.

It's got a dark overtone, but it's presented in such a jolly, crazy manner. It's so utterly original I'm very impressed all round.

I still think the ride will suck, but I adore everything anyway :lol: The track work, the surprise new elements, the stupidity, the darkness, the game - it's such a superb, complete presentation. I really hope that the end result does justice.

nadroJ

CF Legend

furie said:
I still think the ride will suck

Oh my god, I read that as 'I think the ride is sick' ahahaha so confused!

I actually love the thought that's gone into the narrative of this coaster. Although I do agree that it will probably be balls. I'm not a lover of many inversions, so if this does turn out to have the 15 promised then I can't see myself being a fan. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate it for what it is though =]

Kebab

Giga Poster

The theme definately seems more light-hearted and comedic compared to Th13teen, I think they've took the right direction here. Not sure why everyones disliking the spider over on the other forums, I love it, I think it's as corny as Nemesis' monster, it has this retro Alton Towers feel, like it should've been built in the 90's.

However this does worry me though...

Daily Mail said:
'The emotion is triggered by either something physical, such as pain, or a mental one - most commonly the anticipation of danger.
Lets hope this isn't implying anything in particular...

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... paign=1490

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

I love the theme. The fact they're making syringes and other disgusting traps and tools a joke is really creepy and in some way disgusting.

Such a different take on torture, it's got to be a winner.

Mark

Strata Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
I love the theme. The fact they're making syringes and other disgusting traps and tools a joke is really creepy and in some way disgusting.

Such a different take on torture, it's got to be a winner.

So essentially a jokey version of Saw then?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Urban Dictionary said:
Marmalise,

1. to unleash upon a person and completely and utterly destroy them into a pool of viscous orange bio-soup.

man1: I'm going to marmalise you because I don't like your head
man2: please don't marmalise me because you don't like my head!
man2: *marmalised*

Yeeeeeeeee

AJ

Giga Poster

Been playing the game all day now because i have no life.

Unlocked everything and almost unlocked every trophy (apart from the scan things).

Its very repetitive and without will power you will give up ha. I've just reached a high score of 14,300 or something and I now have 900 credit token things haha.

Still not won anything on that wheel of win ****.

Also, the final part of the game you can unlock in may 2013.... Great ha.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Agreed. It's very repetitive. My high is 13,9-ish. Very hard to watch the layout and get a decent score, and all the marmalizations make it even harder to see the POV.

With the way the game works, it would not surprise me in the least if one of the scan-in upgrades was to replace the train with lap bars. There's a lot of upgrades to come, which ought to be interesting.

kimahri

CF Legend

I got bored of it after an hour. :D

But what could you expect from an advertisement?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

kimahri said:
I got bored of it after an hour. :D

But what could you expect from an advertisement?

Same. Played it about twice and went "meh"and moved on with my day.

There's enough discussion about track work and such, which is of course exciting, but really I'm really looking forward to seeing the queue line interactions. From the initial plans submitted, the queue line for this looks like it'll offer fantastic views of the ride as a whole as well as interacting well with the themeing and scenery. Got to love a good "spectator"queue line.

Kebab

Giga Poster

Getting gradually more interesting now...

11297_10151556278138185_719915791_n.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

Can't wait to ride this in the summer <3 It flows so well...

By the way the pictures are from TT's Facebook page.

the king

Mega Poster

Looking at the images, I can see that the rumour of the glass floor in the ride exit section will not be happening. It appears to have some grill type things on it and maybe some concrete on it.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Rofl this ride is going to be such a ****, could turn out to be a horrible ride if it's a bit much but at least it'll look pretty.

Seems to be a staircase going down opposite the vertical lift too.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Finally these photo updates actually feel worth looking at now. This despite shaping up slowly is starting to look great. X-sector has finally redeemed it's name from forbidden valley. The most sinister area on park.

Ollie

CF Legend

The reason why no one ever wins on the spin to win is that there's only 31 total prizes out of everyone who's got the app and is playing it. So a very very very very small chance of actually winning something. A con that it makes it seem like it'll spin depending on how fast you do it and that it's a 1 in 4 chance.

- One "behind the scenes" tour of The Smiler for two people
- Five pairs of VIP 2013 tickets (entry plus Fastrack Gold) to visit the Alton Towers Theme Park
- Five hotel stays at Alton Towers Hotel for up to four people sharing
- Twenty pairs of open dated 2013 tickets to visit the Alton Towers Theme Park

Status
Not open for further replies.