What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ry1996

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Concrete has begun pouring According to 'Towersstreet' facebook page...

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

From Krazycoaster on Towers Times
NB.png

The Base for the station

Dar

Hyper Poster

After seeing these pictures, I really can't imagine there being enough space for any kind of moving mechanism. Especially not one that rotates the car round the heartline.

Either way, good to see some activity that isn't mud!

Inverse

Hyper Poster

They've obviously looked at Thirteen and thought to themselves: "What a fantastic success that was! It didn't have any teething problems at all... What other extremely complex mechanism could we install onto an otherwise perfectly good roller coaster to essentially stop it and turn it into a flat for a few moments?"

Jake

Strata Poster

Did Thirteen have that many problems though? I didn't really follow it that much and only visited the park once in 2010, but I don't remember anyone bitching about downtime really...

Ethan

Strata Poster

I think it was pretty reliable actually...

scw55

Hyper Poster

Dar said:
After seeing these pictures, I really can't imagine there being enough space for any kind of moving mechanism. Especially not one that rotates the car round the heartline.

Either way, good to see some activity that isn't mud!

Would be amusing if the rumour wasn't true.

It's exciting to see some cranes and building materials being used on sight. If you know me from the RCT3 forum you'd know I have a fetish for landscape but even I was getting weary of Mudgasms.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

It's to see that something is happening, but it seem's like they are wait for the closed season to do any track work, kinda like what they done with Oblivion.

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Does anyoe though how much of the queue will be inside the building?
I believe most of the queue will be outdoors with only the end part indoors, like SAW The Ride. As long as Alton Towers create an awesomely themed ride it should be great!

marc

CF Legend

Yes just as long as they theme it better than 13, for some reason people seem to think that's well themed!

Martyn B

CF Legend

The obvious plastic ivy on Thirteen is embarrassingly poor!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

I think 13's station and drop area's pretty good on theming! Apart from the occasinal bit in the queue, No theming anywhere else though and I know it's nothing on many other parks.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Has anyone seen the animation of the secret section on towerstimes yet? Looks pretty good, especially if they have a few effects (and by few I mean I want alot. Please alton) :angel:

scw55

Hyper Poster

i_like_this_alot__by_loveandasandwich-d301stf.jpg
There you go

The thing that makes me doubtful about the rumour is that the layout lends itself well to self-duelling. By adding trick track to the equation you risk the two cars no lining-up. In less some poor sod has worked out the block breaks logistics.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster

I was thinking about this element the other day and how it would work.

as has been stated before from sources this element is meant to be viewed through the floor from the station shop, so i was thinking that the car would lock down on the track an the track would spin eg how everests track spins on its own spine to change the track direction.

but if it is how the animation shows how would you be able to properly view the element from above?

Intricks

Strata Poster

I could still see them doing that.

Think, you cant see it happening, but you hear it and all the people on ot freaking out. Add in more audial and some visual clues as tp what is happening (lasers or lights going off with some fog) and ot will cause an ever more suspenseful moment.

You can see the spot that it happens at, but you dont know just what is happening til you ride it.

marc

CF Legend

I am still finding this a real gimmick tbh. Yes I am interested to what it will do, but in lines are one type of inversion I hate, it's the part of Swam I don't like, so I am a bit worried if its going to feel like them.

If that section is themed well it will be good, it's a clever way of getting the record and keeping it. But I cannot help but feel its cheating in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.