What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

the king said:
Does anybody know if alton towers are allowed to make a deepish hole where the station will be based at? Or does the council only allow them to dig a certain limit?

I don't know, but that isn't an issue since that isn't happening...

Uncle Arly said:
the king said:
Does anybody know if alton towers are allowed to make a deepish hole where the station will be based at? Or does the council only allow them to dig a certain limit?

I don't know, but that isn't an issue since that isn't happening...

You never know.

^ He was only asking a question. Didn't show to have much relevance to SW7.

I'm only aware that the council would most prefer them to build down than up!

Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

They may have dug a 50ft hole under the building, who knows, the plans only show the building not what's going on inside/under it.

In fact the building is actually a very interesting part of this coaster, as the building is quite large we can assume that there is some sort of coaster element within the building but what it is no one knows.

It may even be the worlds deepest coaster ;)

I think they'd have to show any construction under ground in case it caused issues with water tables or anything (Sue probably actually knows more about this).

Sub-Terra they included the hole, when they only needed to show the building height, so yeah, it would most likely have to be there as the planning application is for the station building and not the coaster.

Anyway, we have mud and torn up concrete. It's no different to the other pictures (in fact possibly worse), but they're CF's pictures, so better :p

I also risked my own personal life and limb to take a shot over the 10 foot fence, not anyone else's life by taking a camera on a ride either ;) :p

DSC01397.JPG

DSC01398.JPG

DSC01399.JPG

DSC01400.JPG

DSC01401.JPG

DSC01403.JPG

The last one is taken up on the top of the hill where the Vintage Cars/BH extended Queue used to be.

furie said:
I think they'd have to show any construction under ground in case it caused issues with water tables or anything (Sue probably actually knows more about this).

Sub-Terra they included the hole, when they only needed to show the building height, so yeah, it would most likely have to be there as the planning application is for the station building and not the coaster

Plus the fact that it would be rather close to Oblivion's hole, so I guess would be needed to be included due to that.

LOL Smithy! Yep, that described Black Hole ;)

It seems odd they've kept some of the Black Hole queue theming. I don't know if they're looking to reuse it?

Is that part of the access road where that worker is kneeling?, I'm presuming a few trees will have to go form there too right?

I went the other day and the construction site looks great so far!

In my boredom, I have made a editied version of how the area would look like with the building and the spider in it. Original picture is in the link below the second image. Also the photo was taken on the 5th July. So it is kind of recent.

Untitled-1.jpg

Also, I created another edited version. This time with some track in it and with sections of the lift hills as well.

Untitled-3.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29432635@N ... otostream/

P.S TO ANYBODY WHO HAS SHARED MY EDITED PICTURE AND THE ORIGINAL PICTURE (BY ANOTHER PERSON), I WILL ALLOW YOU TO SHARE MY EDITED PICTURE, AS LONG AS YOU GIVE CREDIT TO WHO CREATED IT. THANKYOU.

I didn't have my camera with me, but i'll try to get some more in summer

I like your mock-up King. Helps me visualise the area. I look forward to this more and more an update is added. It's been so long since X-Sector got some love, so I can't wait.

Nothing really new at all. But just a little update.

Latest.jpg

Picture taken by Graham Walton from his facebook page.

Anybody know if Oblivion will get some new paint for this project?

Status
Not open for further replies.