What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Don't quite understand all the negativity to be honest. This is already becoming the best marketing campaign I've seen since... well, since Nemesis.
They've even themed the convoy of trucks delivering the track, ffs!
Loving the hype, loving these little teaser videos and I think I'm loving the new colour scheme.
Y'all are just a bunch of ungrateful he-bitches I reckon.
I, for one, am stoked.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
They really aren't messing around with this!

I do believe that there's going to be much more added around the area (new scenery, perhaps some new special effects?) considering how quick they're getting the new track installed.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Don't quite understand all the negativity to be honest. This is already becoming the best marketing campaign I've seen since... well, since Nemesis.
They've even themed the convoy of trucks delivering the track, ffs!
Loving the hype, loving these little teaser videos and I think I'm loving the new colour scheme.
Y'all are just a bunch of ungrateful he-bitches I reckon.
I, for one, am stoked.

I second this. As per my comments earlier in the thread I’m firmly on ‘Nemmy-team: don’t fix what isn’t broken’ and I’m not entirely sure what the whole will look like yet… but if they’re going to go for it… then I’m delighted at them going for it!

melchi

Roller Poster
To be honest to begin with I really wasn't sold on the veins they reminded me too much of a cheap ghost train but now seeing the track section in place I can see the veins really do take me back to the original Nemesis Logo.

I’m sure the similarity isn’t a coincidence, for that reason alone it might grow on me.

Trooper Looper

Roller Poster
Can anyone photoshop the vines with the original track back when it opened in 94? I'm just curious to see how it could've looked like.

jasone

Roller Poster
It will be interesting to see how this changes the alien/monster which acts as the station. The track is literally coming out of the tentacles at points as part of the themeing. With the track now being black, will the monster go from white/grey/pink/red to black/grey/pink/red? Will we be seeing the alien become a bigger badder boss of its older self? I hope so. Maybe radiation has caused it to mutate! >.< Still hoping for the next nemmy comic.

Edit: Also agreed about the campaign. While i'm still not 100% on the veins (although i like them more with the track in place), the campaign so far has been brilliant. The original Oblivion campaign is still my favourite. But the actors, the trucks, the phalanx, the video updates, this is a very theatrical campaign and i'm really enjoying following it. I hope Towers keep this up for the indoor coaster/attraction too.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
All looks great to me, but... too soon? Are people going to start thinking New Nemesis will be ready this year?

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
The amount of effort that Alton Towers are putting into this is incredible, I for one am very grateful.

The design is unusual (but maybe we think it's unusual just because it's different). I think after it's weathered in a bit it will look great. Alton Towers wouldn't go through this much effort for it to look like trash, so have faith.

They also wouldn't carry out a multi-million pound re-track and replace it like for like. Non enthusiasts need to think it's a brand new ride for it to be worthwhile doing such a colossal project.

As such, I reckon people will arrive in their droves to ride it.

Trooper Looper

Roller Poster

Looks like we've got a lot more info about the retrack.

To be honest, I'm getting less and less excited as this goes on. Phalanx was never part of the original Nemesis aside from a comic made in 1995 for marketing purposes. Im sorry if I sound like a nostalgia sucker, but none of this screams of what Nemesis was back in the 90s, when John said the story would be the same to the original. Where's the mention of Cultists? The Sci-Fi junkyard Setting, etc? It seems to be just a military theme so far with Phalanx pushed in because the creative see fit to do so.

Don't get me wrong, the quality so far is great, but it isn't "Nemesis" if you know what I mean? Sorry if I sound too negative. I don't think this redone nemesis will surpass from how it looked like back in its opening year, as shown below.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Sigh. I hate it. And I hate I know the thought process behind it. It wasn’t a creative thought process, it was a “if we make it a completely different colour, guests will know it’s a new track, and the investment will be worth it 🤑” type of thought.

Gone are the rusted supports, gone is the biohorror/organic look of the original track, replaced by funfair graphics.

The red streaks would have looked FAR better on bone white supports. It could have made the track look like muscle and bone (fitting with the look of the monster). But what is this? Why are there red vines all along a black track? Make it make sense Merlin.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Everything about this is exciting and has plenty of potential, but it needs to be emphasised that the vein motif looks even cheaper in the broad daylight.

It reminds me of one of those dreadful Miami renderings you'd find at Barry Island or something. Is Nemesis a new addition to the retro squad? 😂

Still, I'm very interested to see the bigger picture. I'm more than happy to eat my words later.