What's new

Accident at Lightwater Valley

DelPiero

Strata Poster
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-lightwater-valley-emergency-services-16225402

Lightwater Valley incident: 'Child falls from rollercoaster' at theme park
0_BLP_CHP_lightwater11535-seqnJPG.jpg

Emergency services at the scene
Emergency services are reportedly dealing with a serious incident at the Lightwater Valley theme park in North Yorkshire.

Unconfirmed reports claim a child has fallen from a rollercoaster.
An air ambulance is understood to have landed nearby with initial reports saying a young boy fell from the Twister ride.
It's understood the child has been flown to Leeds General Hospital for treatment.
A witness from the scene claims the boy fell from the ride near a fast part of the ride near the camera used for souvenir pictures of riders.
He reportedly slid out and over the top of the carriage and fell face down around 20-30 feet.
0_BLP_CHP_lightwater11533-seqnJPG.jpg

Emergency service workers at the scene at the Lightwater Valley theme park
North Yorkshire Police said in a statement: "Police were called to reports of a medical incident involving a child at Lightwater Valley theme park near Ripon at 11.30am today.
"Officers are currently at the scene. Further updates will be provided when available."
Images from the scene show emergency services and rescue workers near a green ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Uh oh, this can't be good.

Hopefully he gets to the right people quickly.

Will be keeping an eye on this.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I can't recall if Twister has a seat belt or not. I've thought about these a few times where a smaller child sits next to larger adults as the restraint is like a buzz bar. Very surprised there's enough force to eject someone though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oh dear. The ride that keeps on killing.

I hope the kid's alright of course - it's such a nightmare for any parent for that to happen :(

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok the park is buggered, if they weren't already. I hope the kid is alright, is he still alive?

I do believe this could be the final nail in the coffin for LWV, depending on how seriously injured the child is.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Sounds like a pretty bad fall, can't imagine what the family is going through right now. Hope everything turns out okay.

Interested to hear anymore details about how incident went about.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I can't recall if Twister has a seat belt or not. I've thought about these a few times where a smaller child sits next to larger adults as the restraint is like a buzz bar. Very surprised there's enough force to eject someone though.
I based my guess off of the fact that @DelPiero’s article described a green roller coaster that the child fell off of... my bad, it already was edited to confirm Twister as that ride!

spicy

Giga Poster
That Simon Moran shouldn't be taking photos of the child on the floor and posting them on twitter.

So glad the police have said his condition isn't life threatening. 6 years old on a fun day out, poor lad wish him a speedy recovery.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
You know something bad has happened when 4 of your non-goon mates suddenly tag you in a news story and say "Have you been on this one, Howie?"
Yeah, this sucks. Poor kid. At least they're not thought to be life-threatening injuries.
Lightwater tho... they could be in big trouble.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Really sad news, but it sounds like the poor kid's injuries aren't too bad so that's something to be thankful for.
Too early to say who was at fault or whether the park will suffer long-term from this, but at the very least I think we've seen the last of Twister, given its previous history.