What's new

Accident at Cedar Point; guest struck by Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmusementSci said:
The comparison is definitely a stretch, but more apt a comparison than comparing him to a convicted killer.

What I'm saying is that its outrageous to suggest that his students are better off without him when we don't have any other information about him. The guy made a (ridiculously stupid) snap decision with no intent to harm himself or anyone else and his life tragically ended. We have nothing to indicate that he has a history or reckless behavior and that said reckless behavior had been put on display in front of his students.

Like I said earlier, this guy may have been a great teacher who was an inspiration to his students. Or, he may not have been. Maybe he was a bad influence, but the fact is we don't know. I'm taking issue with the assumption that his students are better off without him and that this man deserved to die. It's disrespectful to him and his family.
I agree with you completely on this. But its still ridiculous that they are delaying the announcement and might change the name because of this. I don't think it's poor taste to announce the roller coaster after his death, especially since it was him who caused his death, not the park. If someone had commuted suicide at the park then yes delay the announcement but in this case no.

Comparing him to a killer is in rather poor taste IMO.

This topic has become more loaded than just focusing on the accident, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it.

We all agree it was a tragedy, and we all agree that he will be missed by his friends, family, and community.

Status
Not open for further replies.