What's new

8 proposals to revive SF New Orleans

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Eight companie shave put themselves forward to revive SF New Orleans theme park following it's closure due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

The bids are...

Louisiana Heritage Resort BP
200-plus-acre resort with nine "theme lands" and 20 acres of sound stages.

RCS Entertainment Inc
Crescent City Amusement Park, a green amusement park.

Dag Development and Provident
Outlet mall with a boardwalk entertainment district.

Packaert LLC
Electric power generation plant.

The Paida Company
Water park and back lot for the film industry.

JWM Ventures
Resort with theme park, water park and sports complex.

Powell Commodity Inc.
Commercial retail and family entertainment venue with theme park.

A business coalition led by Al Philips
Eco park focusing on green usages of water and green construction.

The eight will be whittled down to five next week by a committee of New Orleans dignitaries and advisers.

The article (below) also says that the rides may be auctioned off.

Source: http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/ ... oposa.html

Glad to see that most of the options involve a Theme Park of some kind. Although it could always stay as it is to provide an endless source of creepy photos.

Id love to see the park up and running again after SF packed their bags did a runner. Its a shame the park has remained in its current state for the last six years. But there has obviously been more important rebuilding projects in the city of New Orleans then a Theme Park, but after this amount of time its nice to see that somebody is looking to fix the place up.

I'd personally support RCS Entertainment's proposal, but I'd be happy to see it redeveloped, it is quite sad just to let it rot away like it is now.

The JWM Ventures bid looks to be the most promising. The area just feels likes it is destined to be a theme park.

Inverse said:
Glad to see that most of the options involve a Theme Park of some kind. Although it could always stay as it is to provide an endless source of creepy photos.

Never mind photos, the videos are where it's at :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcja8UBtXdk[/youtube]

^ Ah, yes. I remember admiring that video a few months back.

Although, I'd probably run a mile if that clown bin or whatever it is came into my sight! :p

^I don't think the track will be the issue. It'll be all the supports around the bottom that will be ruined.

It will be interesting to see what does get done with the park now, hopefully they can keep some sort of memento from the original park.

I hate seeing pictures and videos of SF New Orleans. To me it's not creepy so much as it's sad. People used to get excited to go there and would have so much fun. Now it's all just dead.

Whoever gets the place running again will definitely make sure there's a link to the pre-hurricane version of the park. That's what Americans are all about. Pretending to care about the past while running it over with a bulldozer. I can say that. I'm an American. :)