What's new

'72 Hours later' - The results!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Before I go through the results, I just want to say how impressed I am with the entries. I received 10 and although most were a little rough around the edges, considering the time element, there were some really strong entries! So congratulations to everyone who sent me a track.

I'm only going to list the top 5. Showing who came in last is a little harsh in my opinion so the other 5 entries who don't make it into the top shouldn't feel too bad! Here we go!

jXlHnKo.jpg

Amazing. Not only did you submit one track, you made 2! (Okay, so it's a mobius, but ssshhh ;) ). I was incredibly impressed with this. Spaghetti Bowl = win. Amazing support bridge = win. Okay, the track could have done with a little polishing but let's be honest here, you had 72 hours. Congratulations, a VERY solid ride.

672Hk5W.jpg

It was short, it was sweet, it was intense and oh boy was it good. That bridge was wonderfully built! It wasn't the most ingenious of layouts but what you did have, you did very well. A very solid creation!

j0TovXn.jpg

You had a couple of minor boundary infringements but the rest of the package was stellar. You managed to fit a well through out, airtime laden and exciting Intamin Hyper in such a small space! The bridge could have used some work as it was quite sloppy in some parts but the main visible areas were done well. The environment was a nice touch too.

jfOpCnh.jpg

The only wooden! And it was great. Packed full of airtime. I feel as though you rushed this one slightly as I know you can build a really really amazing coaster. Not that this was bad, it just lacked your usual flair. That said, I really enjoyed the pacing and the way you fit it in the boundaries.

6Qlbz0k.jpg

This had a lot of potential. I liked the use of the terrain, but I felt it was rather lackluster in terms of everything else. You attempted a good bridge though it looked a little messy and haphazard. I liked that you also did a hyper as I feel this was a good way to challenge you. Well done!

Commendations:

Predator by 6flagsmaniac was a really really lovely Eurofighter but since you didn't stray out of your comfort zone and cross the water, you didn't reach any of the bonus points which is a shame, but you should definitely flesh out this track and work on it as I really enjoyed it!

Again, thank you to everyone who participated and I hope you enjoyed it. If this wet your appetite and you want another contest in the near future, let me know!

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
I should have known it would require traversing the water to even have a chance of getting a decent position. Oh well, at least now I have a NL2 coaster under my belt.

Oh, and please host more of these real soon! These competitions are great.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Can you put a file out so we can see who did what? And I feel **** not seeing where I ranked to be honest

Ethan

Strata Poster
The coaster with the bridge is great! What a great idea :D
Wish I took part in this now!

Can I add one thing. This competition looked great, but next time could you possibly give 2 or 3 days warning? I didn't notice it had started until half way through the contest!

I know it's annoying but I'd love to take part!

NoLimitsLover

Roller Poster
Do another one because I have a cool ride (Wingrider) that I would like to enter, but dose it need to have scenery? and is it in nl2?? can't do scenery and nl2 is harder for me.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Point of these competitions is that everyone starts from scratch. Using a previously made coaster defeats the object. That is why the template(s) I create try to stifle anyone importing previous creations for an easier ride.

Yes, it is NL2. Whilst NL1 was an amazing thing of beauty, it's time to move on.

Scenery is a no for now. This comp banned any user made scenery and will probably stay that way.