What's new

6 Nations Rugby

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
So the 6 Nations Rugby starts today! So who do you want to win this year? And for you americans, its a bit like your football but without pads and doesn't stop as much!

So its England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France and those pesky people from Italy!

Ben

CF Legend
Jesus Christ, I'm glad I was sat down for that segment on the Italians...

I don't really mind if it's Wales or England, I'm half of each, so, either of those two.

We'll obviously trounce these pizza lovers though.

Rush

Giga Poster
Wales to win! Always supported them in the rugby and I hope they can win it just as well as they won it last year!

Eurgh annoyingly I'm going to miss their game tomorrow against Scotland.

Emmett

Giga Poster
If there is no footie on then I might watch it but I just don't find it as entertaining as footie. I always stick a few bets on during the weeks on the 6 nations so that also gets me tuning in to watch.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ Italy are failing so badly atm. Goode is playing well, but kicking badly. The whole team seems to really be doing well.

I want Wales to win followed by England. Generally due to the fact I'm half Welsh and only a quarter English.

Wales have also been a very good team over the last few years and in my perspective big contenders for the next World Cup.

and Sam, what do you watch then? 11 Men running around a pitch crying and jumping on the floor whenever someone gets within 2 feet of them? (I don't have anything against football, I just HATE this diving stuff and how they ALWAYS disagree with the ref.)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Come on the Paddies and beat them frogs...

As per usual I don't care who wins, as I'm not a rugby person... But will look out for the English and Irish scores...

John91

Mega Poster
Of all the ****ing days to miss an Ireland match I HAD to miss this one didn't I!
Ireland FTW win anyway.

Ben

CF Legend
Mmmm, that first half was a thing of beauty from Wales.

The second was better for Scotland, who FAILED the first, but, still...

WALES WON xD

nealbie

CF Legend
From the first round of games I think it is quite clear that either Wales or Ireland will win.

England (despite winning) played schoolboy rugby and were handed all 4 of their tries. Despite a good performance from Goode.

France were disappointing to say the least, there's a lot of promise in that team, but the tactics sucked.

Ireland performed spectacularly from start to finish, totally outplaying what should be (and probably is) a pretty decent French side.

In the first half, Wales played exactly as they did last year in the second half against England, pure genius and how rugby should be played. But after the break? What the hell were they doing? It was a poor performance against one of the 2 contenders for the wooden spoon.

Italy and Scotland need not be mentioned in terms of championship at all :lol:

But at the moment I'd put my money on the Irish, they got a much better result from a great performance against stronger opponents. But as I said before it's a toss up between Wales and Ireland.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
France were disappointing to say the least, there's a lot of promise in that team, but the tactics sucked.
You're being a bit harsh on the Frogs there, it was their own mistakes and ill discipline that cost them but they were lovely to watch in attack! Definitely the best game of the weekend (where did BOD suddenly get that pace from?).

SchumacherFerrari said:
In the first half, Wales played exactly as they did last year in the second half against England, pure genius and how rugby should be played. But after the break? What the hell were they doing?
Changing half the side, losing Martyn Williams for 10 mins, and relaxing. Game was won and they play England in 6 days.

If the kicks had gone over they'd have been out of sight. Scotland picked-up because they finally brought the right players on (Cusiter, Paterson) and Wales had backed off.

SchumacherFerrari said:
It was a poor performance against one of the 2 contenders for the wooden spoon.
3 contenders, England were rubbish! They work hard individually but offer no cohesion, penetration or creativity as a team. The Italians in the first-half were abominable.

If Wales keep it tidy on Saturday they'll demolish England. I'm still hoping Shane recovers for it though.

It's looking like Wales and Ireland at the moment, but I wouldn't discount France from the running just yet, let's see how Round 2 goes first!

nealbie

CF Legend
9-8 down, but we're actually playing well! I still think we'll lose but it's nice to see us actually play half decent rugby :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
Yay! Despite losing 23-15 we played really well and because of that I believe that we will now beat the Scots, and possibly the French as well if we're lucky :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
I dunno, the Irish will give them a good run for their money. It will be the winner of the game between the two that wins the title.