What's new

5 New Attractions for Pleasurewood Hills 2012

Martyn B

CF Legend
Pleasurewood Hills have been releasing information all week via their Facebook page, about new attractions and park refurbs for the 2012 season.

Merry Monday morning to all! Welcome to info week and the first piece of information from the park.

The laser labyrinth is fully open and new for 2012 after an induction opening at Halloween. There will be new large terrace areas outside the Merry Mariner and the Flying Fish with brand new menus in the restaurants.

Come back tomorrow for more news from the park.

--

Here's Tuesday's piece of info from Pleasurewood Hills.

Foot prints were in place at Halloween for this ride; opening in 2012, "The Pleasurewood Pony Rail", a horse themed monorail that fills the area opposite the Veteran Cars.
Thunderstruck has also been repainted and renamed "The Tide Traveller" and will be positioned opposite Wipeout.

Check back for more news tomorrow!

--

Another new ride called The Lighthouse will be standing tall over the Kiddie Zone this year. This area now includes Veteran Cars, Pony Rail, Sky Hooks, Mini twister and pirate ship, Flying Elephants, Kite Flyer and the newly positioned Woody Copter ride and new play area.

The Lighthouse is a new ride to Pleasurewood Hills; a 10m shoot up tower perfect for children and adults.
Loads more for the kids to do!

Come back tomorrow for some more news from the park.

--

Thursdays new attraction comes to you in the form of a video!

This is a sneek peek of the new show that will be in the Castle Theatre this year. The Castle has had a big refurbishment with a new lighting rig and staging.
There will be 3 shows in the Castle every opening day this year at 11.30am, 1.30pm and 3.30pm. (Times based on Summer opening, so please check times upon arrival.)

Just one more day left of exclusive info from Pleasurewood Hills... and yes, we've saved the best until last!

--

It's Friday and the last big news from Pleasurewood Hills!

There will be a 140ft drop tower on the park ready for opening this year called "The Jolly Roger" and will be located on the old Thunderstruck site. Hoist the Jolly Roger and plummet back to Earth!

Things are changing at Pleasurewood Hills... You will notice that all marketing materials will feature our new logo and new theme with the Park going under a re-brand next year. With this in mind, we are building a brand new website, FB, Twitter and Youtube to tie in with this new era at PWH.

NEWS JUST IN! Our Youtube channel has been turned into Pleasurewood News. Bringing you the hottest news from Pleasurewood Hills! Keep an eye out for our first report!

Quite good really, considering since Wipeout in 2007, there's hasn't been any investment in new attractions. I guess the new owners mean business. So, to sum it up;

New Pony Trek ride
pony.JPG

New "Lighthouse" kiddie drop tower
piratecoveb.JPG

New Laser Labyrinth (Laser Quest) attraction
New kids play area
New menu's for the main restaurants

New Magic show in the Castle
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbpdYiUPKyw[/youtube]

New Fabbri drop tower
20110407234318-b0ac09a5.jpg

Also, the Huss TriStar, which is currenty being refurbed, is apparently being made a permanent attraction: "The Tide Traveller will have its "travelling" parts removed and fitted into a cement base."

Here's a small promotional poster for the Jolly Roger, including the parks new logo:

download.spark

Entrance prices have increased this year by 50p, to £18, and the park reopens on Saturday 31st March.

Martyn B

CF Legend
A few updates from the parks Twitter page;

download.spark

Pony Trek

download.spark

Ground work for the Lighthouse drop tower

55437411.jpg

The Jolly Roger drop tower area being prepared

zhrqn.jpg

New permanent fixings for the Thunderstruck ride.

And some nice ariel pictures of the park, thanks to member VOG from the UP forum:

download.spark

download.spark

And a new logo/rebranding for park:

Pleasurewood%20Hills%20logo.JPG

Also the new website is going on line soon.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I actually love that logo! But probably as this is a childhood park of mine and I can hardly wait to get back for the live.

Jools

Giga Poster
I didn't realise they were getting a new logo, beats that old one, it looked classic but... dated (even if that was the intention wasn't good).

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like the new logo.

Martyn B

CF Legend
A cheesey little video the park has posted showing the tower in action:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYjCrF2R3o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
The name. The logo. The colours </////////3

The thing is, when I went to Allou!, they had one of these EXACT towers, they were at the top for SO long, it really spoiled the ride. The throughput was a NIGHTMARE too.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hahaha, CHEESE! <3

It's great to see theme park stuff not being taken too seriously.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
The name. The logo. The colours </////////3

The thing is, when I went to Allou!, they had one of these EXACT towers, they were at the top for SO long, it really spoiled the ride. The throughput was a NIGHTMARE too.

They are at the top for as long as the ride op wants. If I am not mistaken, this is a Fabbri drop tower. Once on top the gondola is manually released, unlike the Intamin versions.

Although the logo and the name are horrible, I like the video!

Nic

Strata Poster
Hahaha, that video is amazing! <3

People moaning about throughput, I noticed there's no seatbelts, so surely that'll speed up loading a little bit? Also, does PWH ever get busy enough to have to worry about throughput?

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I wasn't 'moaning' about throughput in terms of PWH, merely what I noticed at Allou!, but, seeing what Oriol put, it's gonna be fine.