What's new

2021 Golden Ticket Awards

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder the same thing myself. Surely at this point they should just pack in the GTs. I've never once seen someone speak favourably of them. :D
The parks market the heck out of them, though. The brand spreads easily to the GP, as it were.

Matt N

CF Legend
Paultons also came 2nd in “Best Family Park”, which I’d say is a tremendous achievement myself, and very well deserved!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I've never once seen someone speak favourably of them. :D
Except for @Matt N. Probably why they're still running to this day!

Some takeaways from me:
- How has Vengeance not overtaken Millennium Force? You'd think it would, considering most of these people are big Cedar Point fanboys... actually, they're Cedar Point fanboys... so of course MF reigns supreme. I guess it just goes to show how many people have ridden the damn thing.

- Velocicoaster earns best new coaster (actually well-deserved), Candymonium is the runner up... yet somehow Candy gets all the way up to #5 and Velocicoaster gets shafted to #18?? 🤣

- Lightning Rod is considered a steel coaster since the refurb. At this point it probably shouldn't exclusively be on the wood or steel list, but I find it funny that, with not even half the layout now steel, they "round it up" to a steel coaster.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
The candy thing is pretty easy to understand, since it did open last year more people had the chance to experience it. VC can be best for this year while Candy can still outrank it overall.

Heth

Mega Poster
The fact that Valhalla, a ride which hasn't operated in 2021 at all, won best water ride of 2021 pretty clearly indicates what a farce this is.