What's new

2012 CF WC QF - (3) gopats1479 VS (6) nealbie

Colossus

Giga Poster
This is a 2012 CF World Championship Quarter-Final match up between (3) gopats1479 and (6) nealbie

The stipulation is - B&M V Intamin - gopats1479 (B&M) nealbie (Intamin)

Entries to be in by 31st December.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
I have my layout and theming set, but still have to build it. Shouldn't be too hard to get my entry in by Sunday.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Bad news: I may not be able to get an entry in until New Year's because I had finished the layout and a good chunk of terraforming when my RCT3 crashed without me saving it. I will work on it as much as possible over the next few days but I will not get it done by the deadline.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Ouch. My empathies.

"amusingly" I just lost 2 hrs of my time in which I successfully built a Duelling Toboggan coaster :p
I'm mortified.

nealbie

CF Legend
Likewise for mine. My computer has been throwing a stroppy tantrum all week since I put a new graphics card in at Christmas and I haven't been able to get on it for photos and to film a video.

So hopefully I can get my coaster out there.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Whats the status lads?

Really need these in asap, as I'm back at work tomorrow so I need to get this into vote asap, just let me know where you are? Don't want to hold the comp up.

Cheers guys.

nealbie

CF Legend
Computer's fixed, but Nan has been over the last couple of days, she goes tomorrow so will be able to record the POV tomorrow after work. The roller coaster has been done for a while. Sorry =/

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Probably gonna have to stay up until the wee hours of the morning to finish it. And even then it won't be truly "finished". I can't wait for you all to see it, though. I feel as if it's one of my most intense coasters yet.

nealbie

CF Legend
Nan stayed an extra day, so only just got access to the pc. POV is being uploaded as I type. ^_^

Sorry for the lateness. Life does get in the way though unfortunately.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you..... CRYPT KEEPER!

Long ago, the Ancient Egyptians locked away a potent force that was a menace to their Kingdom. Now, some 6,000 years later, it has been awoken from a long slumber ready to break free from the tomb in which it was incarcerated and wreak havoc upon the world once more!

There is one possible salvation though. The Egyptians foresaw such a day when the great monster would be unleashed by unsuspecting fools, and as such created a machine; a machine capable of containing the beast to the island that upon which resides its tomb and prison. They called it, the Crypt Keeper!

Now take control of this most wondrous creation and ensure that the creature does not escape the Crypt!

Shot0013-1_zpsd1983557.png

Shot0012_zps8134f4ad.png

Shot0011_zps4a049049.png

Shot0010_zps42c6d97c.png

Shot0009-1_zps3f3744f5.png

Shot0008_zpsab1e7e57.png

Shot0007-1_zpsb56ab7fd.png

Shot0006_zps0e179532.png

Shot0005_zps95cf84a7.png

Shot0004-1_zps22f811a6.png

Shot0000-1_zps6405104d.png

Shot0001_zps9a04d94e.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGsDlcoRXQM[/youtube]

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Awesome! The pacing of the ride is reminiscent of an Intamin Mega - lite, relentless until the final turn and the indoor section is undoubtedly brilliant. The ride's 'synopsis' fits perfectly and at night....beautiful :--D

Congratulations! Let's see what Gopats has to offer.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Sorry, I just haven't had time to work on it much. It takes almost 30 minutes just to load the park I have it in. I also just went back to school, so I might not have much time to do anything. I can still get it in, but it really won't be done besides layout and terraforming and about half of the supportwork. Tomorrow night might be the only chance I get to work on it. Good news, though: POVs only take 10 minutes to record and upload.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I'm sorry to say gopats, but I think you will have to forfeit your place

It's been too long, I gave some slack with the entry times because of the holiday events , I put an extension for everybody to get in, and still your ride is not in.

I'm really sorry dude, but I cannot hold up the competition anymore and there's not enough time from now to the next round to give this a fair vote.

Sorry fella, Neal, you advance to the semi's.