What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting! Do you consider Dinoconda to be better than the other 4D coasters? It seems rather similar to Eejanaika. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on how it differ from it's siblings! (having only been on X2 myself)
So I've only ridden Dinconda and X2 - yet to make the trip for Eejanaika - but for me there was something a notch up in intensity from X2 with Dinoconda. It's quite hard to put my finger on exactly, but X2 felt almost like a slightly reigned back version on Dinoconda. In addition, the full zero-g that Dinoconda has is incredible as the seats are doing a full flip at the same time. Whilst the 'top down' layout is different, that's the only significant trackwork difference between the two, but it's next level. I genuinely dread (with almost uncontrollable excitement) how much further Eejanaika would push this, as I've heard that it runs even more intensely than Dinoconda (even though layout-wise I believe it's the same).

Objectively, they're both not very good really, but they earn a spot in the Top 20 for being so far off the 'crazy' spectrum it's unthinkable. They are genuinely terrifying, in a very good way, and complete sensory overload. As long as you overlook the horrendous operations, that is.
More detail on my thoughts here too:
https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/china-march-2018-day-10-–-suzhou-summary.42416/page-2#post-1021263

Also: interesting with Soaring with Dragon that high in your rankings. The layout looks rather uninspired. It's a coaster that really never have cought my attention (up until now).
So for me, there are a few things that push it up as a piece of hardware.
  • The launches really, really, punch. The final forwards launch is the weakest of the three, and I reckon is comparable to the launches on Helix (that ride is fresh in my mind after @Matt N's topic). The first forwards and backwards launches are wild. There's a true sense of raw power as the train is vibrating and roaring through each pass of the launch.
  • The non-inverting loop is probably the best one of its kind - especially in the back, where is had some amazing whip.
  • The next turnaround is decent, but not earth shattering.
  • The speed hill is great and a really well done change in pace from the massive elements preceding it.
  • I actually really enjoyed the weaving bit following the turnaround.
  • The trains were (/are) fantastically comfortable.
Then looking at it a bit more subjectively - I was basically just lapping the coaster as a nearly solo rider, it marked the furthest leg of a China trip where all my planning had worked out and everything was going smoothly and I was having a blast, and the rest of the park was a bit of a dump (except their big show), so it really, really stood out.
Again, some more thoughts here:
https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/china-march-2018-day-10-–-suzhou-summary.42416/page-2#post-1021897

I think an additional coverall comment that applies to both of these comments, is that I'm also a big believer in ranking rides based on my 'all in' experience of riding them. Both Dinoconda and Soaring With Dragon were very memorable rides to me and they hold a big place in my heart, in that sense. First proper, solo, theme park trip through China and all of the additional adrenaline that brings with it, means they get to stay in the Top 20. I suppose I'm ranking ride experience along with ride hardware - that's partly why Lightning Rod and Boulder Dash remain so high on the list, even though I suspect they'd tumble now, because the overall memory I have of riding them is a Top 20 coaster experience - if you know what I mean?[/list]

RcTmix

Mega Poster
First Top 10(ish) list posted, out of a little over 100 creds. Hoping to get to some east coast parks next summer to potentially shake things up.

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Voyage
3. Storm Chaser
4. Millennium Force (maybe it's nostalgia, but after 22 years I still love it)
5. Mystic Timbers
6. Maverick
7. Orion
8. Lightning Run
9. Diamondback
10. Phantom's Revenge
11. Montu
12. Top Thrill Dragster (rest in pieces)

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
First Top 10(ish) list posted, out of a little over 100 creds. Hoping to get to some east coast parks next summer to potentially shake things up.

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Voyage
3. Storm Chaser
5. Mystic Timbers
6. Maverick
7. Orion
8. Lightning Run
9. Diamondback
10. Phantom's Revenge
11. Montu
A very solid set of rides for a mere ~100 creds! :cool:

The US is too good.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Ok, I'm not riding anything of terrible significance for a while, so I might as well...
  1. Helix
  2. Zadra
  3. Iron Gwazi
  4. Wildfire
  5. Steel Vengeance
  6. Hyperion
  7. Fury 325
  8. Expedition GeForce
  9. Lech Coaster
  10. VelociCoaster
Time for an update...
  1. Helix
  2. Zadra
  3. Ride to Happiness
  4. Iron Gwazi
  5. Wildfire
  6. Steel Vengeance
  7. Hyperion
  8. Kondaa
  9. Expedition GeForce
  10. Lech Coaster
Fury 325 drops several spots after a revisit and VelociCoaster gets bumped out by RTH and Kondaa.

JamesB

Mega Poster
Updated and probably final top 20 of the year after my first ever trip to Phantasialand...

1. Helix, Liseberg
  2. Zadra, Energylandia
  3. Taron, Phantasialand
  4. Taiga, Linnanmaki
  5. Dive Coaster, Chimelong
  6. Stealth, Thorpe
  7. Lech Coaster, Legendia
  8. Swarm, Thorpe
  9. Tornado, Sarkanniemi
  10. F.L.Y., Phantasialand
  11. Hyperion, Energylandia
  12. Wildfire, Kolmarden
  13. Icon, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
  14. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
  15. Baron 1989, Efteling
  16. Daemonen, Tivoli
  17. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
  18. Air, Alton Towers
  19. Nemesis, Alton Towers
  20. Blue Fire, Europa
Cred count: 165

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
^I think that I should probably update this, if only to have a longer list to totally obliterate in the upcoming months:

----S Rank----
1 - Iron Gwazi
2 - Zadra
3 - Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
4 - VelociCoaster
5 - Lech Coaster
6 - Hyperion
7 - Nemesis
----A Rank----
8 - Expedition GeForce
9 - Shambhala
10 - Mako
11 - Montu
12 - Revenge of the Mummy
13 - Space Mountain (Orlando)
14 - Taron
15 - Wodan
16 - Silver Star
----B Rank----
17 - Cheetah Hunt
18 - Ice Breaker
19 - Black Mamba
20 - CanCan Coaster
21 - Kumba
22 - Icon
24 - Wicker Man
25 - Dragon (Energylandia)
26 - Winjas (Phantasialand)
27 - Big Dipper (Blackpool)
28 - Stealth
29 - The Swarm
30 - Colorado Adventure

It's all very subject to change, but this looks right at the time of writing. I feel confident that I prefer all of the 'S Ranks' to the 'A Ranks', and so on. There's really not much in it when it comes to the order of the 'B Ranks'.

Well, I wasn’t wrong. My Top 30 did get totally obliterated, thanks to visiting some fabulous parks in the USA. I supposed I had better update it then....

🎺 Nitefly's Fabulous Top 30 🎺 (September 2022 Edition)

(This post reads as a ‘countdown’ of sorts but my Top 30 can also be found as a ‘basic list’ at the end of this post in a spoiler 👍)

Now that I'm a graduate 'Coaster Lord' my preferences are more clear to me:
  • I tend to favour rides with excellent fast pacing and exciting sequences.
  • I begrudge moments of ‘dull meandering’.
  • I think great character can make a ride.
  • I have a low tolerance for roughness.
As before, I still feel inclined to rank everything by ‘category’, so I've split my Top 30 into four categories. All coasters in a ‘higher category’ are superior to all coasters in a relatively ‘lower category’, whereas the order of the ranking within each of my categories is more marginal and loose.

Let’s get to it!!!

A Rank

All rides in this category are great and well worth experiencing.

In this range, and for rides sitting outside of my Top 30, uniqueness is important to me. If there are two or more broadly similar rides, I am typically disinterested in the ‘lesser ride(s)’ for ranking purposes. This is why you’ll only find one B&M hyper in my Top 30 (excluding the gigas).

Outside of my Top 30, I also consider the following rides to be ‘A Rank’ (i.e. the ‘honourable mentions’): Mako, Nitro, Kingda Ka, Gemini, Revenge of the Mummy and Wodan.

30 - Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom)

It may appear ‘unloved’ and lack the special sauce of its bigger brothers, but this RMC delivers exactly what you'd expect: glossy smoothness and powerful ejector airtime. The base model of your dream car of choice.

29 - Taron (Phantasialand)

Striking aesthetics and near misses make Taron the jewel of Phantasialand. Not as consistently thrilling as its American counterparts but shooting up passed the waterfall is bound to cause a demonic grin.

28 - Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)

The now-tired B&M formula of ‘copying and pasting inversions’ is saved by sensational execution. The pre-MCBR section is super hot fire.

27 - Gatekeeper (Cedar Point)

Gatekeeper blends the intensity of a sit-down B&M looper with the grace of a B&M hyper, creating something that’s typically much better than both. Overlooked.

26 - El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure)

One of the greatest drops of all time followed by two of the greatest airtime hills of all time. Unfortunately, after that it’s very rough.

25 - Orion (Kings Island)

The speed on this monster makes it superior to all B&M hypers. Except for one.

24 - The Legend (Holiday World)

A quirky woody through a waterpark with crazy laterals. Watch out for that helix.

23 - Storm Runner (Hersheypark)

A series of very unusual elements proceeded by a fiery launch. The best coaster at Hersheypark.

22 - Shambhala (Port Aventure)

The best B&M hyper. It may not have the most impressive air time of the bunch (I'd give that accolade to Mako) but it has the most spectacle.

21 - Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)

Proof that being fun is all that really matters. The below POV is with the lights on but, as you will probably know, the ride is actually in the dark with space projections, making it exciting despite its slow speed and veteran age.

20 - The Voyage (Holiday World)

Undoubtedly awesome but blighted by severe roughness. If this hobby was skiing then The Voyage is a demanding black run. An endurance.

19 - Fury 325 (Carowinds)

Stretches the B&M hyper concept to its final conclusion. Super sized with a much welcome (and uncharacteristic) generous dash of thrill.

A+ Rank

Now we’re talking. Everything A+ Rank and above is what I class as being ‘elite’.

18 - Twisted Timbers (Kings Dominion)

The three camelbacks on this are as good as it gets. Defensive riding recommended to navigate the snappy airtime of the latter sections.

17 - Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park)

A powerhouse all-rounder. EGF ticks the speed, scale and airtime boxes for an easy win.

16 - Pantheon (Busch gardens Williamsburg)

Very ‘fresh’ and packs killer elements. Bizarre concept, but it works.

15 - Nemesis (Alton Towers)

Small but mighty. The sequence from the first inversion through to the second is stunning.

14 - Lech Coaster (Legendia)

Like Nemesis, Lech turbos all the way to the finish taking no prisoners. Strong forces and airtime with a beautiful setting.

13 - Hyperion (Energylandia)

A giant that’s a respectable contender for the title of ‘greatest airtime moment’ with its insane first hill. Stick with the middle seats to avoid roughness.

12 - VelociCoaster (Islands of Adventure)

The ultimate jack-of-all-trades, when taken as a whole. The second half is absolutely killer.

S Rank

Whether it’s because of character, thrill or unexplainable fun… the aromas, textures and taste of these select cuts are most pleasing to my palate *swills glass*

11 - The Beast (Kings Island)

By any conventional assessment it’s poorly paced, but on its own merits The Beast is an adventure. Hilarious. Then, in the helix, terrifying.

10 - Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion)

Going really fast is fun. Sometimes, it’s as simple as that. The nimble 2-across Intamin trains really add to the perception of high speed and the ‘twists’ always hit hard, even when you know they are coming.

9 - Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

Less mean than i305 but more graceful in both form and its setting. The front row is superb.

8 - The Phantom’s Revenge (Kennywood)

A one-off classic. It appears almost ‘under-designed’ but it can’t have been as it’s flawlessly executed. Some of the best track work outside of RMC… and those restraints are to die for.

7 - Mystic Timbers (Kings Island)

Ultra-wild, more so than The Voyage, and thankfully not so large that it’s rattling itself apart. One of the only rides I’ve been on that has shocked me.

S+ Rank

The very best of the best.

6 - Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

A terrific coaster that pushes the concept of a ‘family ride’ to its limit. Relentlessly fun. The rare ‘front row bike at night’ is probably the best ride experience on the planet.

5 - Zadra

The first big boy RMC on the list and it’s a champion. The enormous stall is such a standout moment that it’s easy to forget how good the rest of it is. Truly world class.

4 - Maverick

Maverick swaps out all the meandering of its peers to double down on skin-peeling ferocity. In a word: ‘punchy’. In two words: ‘****ing punchy’. The noises on the below POV say it all.

3 - Lightning Rod

Certainly not the most intense RMC but the airtime is absurd - probably my favourite airtime on any coaster. Lightning Rod also has heaps of character thanks to its launch and beautiful setting in the valley (although its a little sparse looking in the POV below due to tree felling at the time - it's looking much better now). Inspired.

Quality POV:

A more recent POV better showcasing the current state of the vegetation:

2 - Iron Gwazi

Zadra reimagined. Iron Gwazi has insane pacing and a beyond vertical drop that launches you out of your seat. The sideways airtime over the front entrance is my favourite single element on any coaster. What an absolute beast!

1 - Steel Vengeance

During the day I might have to give the edge to Iron Gwazi, but nothing can compare to a night ride on Steel Vengeance. Passing through the ‘lit up’ wooden structure in the dark is so disorientating that it feels like the ride is making up where it is going in real time. A masterpiece.

1 - Steel Vengeance

2 - Iron Gwazi

3 - Lightning Rod

4 - Maverick

5 - Zadra

6 - Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

7 - Mystic Timbers

8 - The Phantom’s Revenge

9 - Millenium Force

10 - Intimidator 305

11 - The Beast

12 - VelociCoaster

13 - Hyperion

14 - Lech Coaster

15- Nemesis

16 - Pantheon

17 - Expedition GeForce

18 - Twisted Timbers

19 - Fury 325

20 - The Voyage

21 - Space Mountain (Orlando)

22 - Shambhala

23 - Storm Runner

24 - The Legend

25 - Orion

26 - El Toro

27 - Gatekeeper

28 - Montu

29 - Taron

30 - Storm Chaser

Last edited:

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Mrs. Nitefly’s official list (as she wanted to do one):

1 - Hagrid’s

2 - Steel Vengeance

3 - Iron Gwazi

4 - Maverick

5 - Lightning Rod

6 - Intimidator 305

7 - Zadra

8 - The Beast

9 - Expedition GeForce

10 - Storm Runner

11 - Millennium Force

12 - Pantheon

13 - VelociCoaster

14 - Mystic Timbers

15 - Twisted Timbers

16 - Lech

17 - Phantoms Revenge

18 - Taron

19 - Fury 325

20 - El Toro

21 - Orion

22 - The Voyage

23 - Nemesis

24 - Hyperion

25 - Woden

26 - Shambhala

27 - Mako

29 - Nitro

29 - Gatekeeper

30 - Gemini

Matt N

CF Legend
If you don't mind me asking @Nitefly, what is it that you and your wife rate so highly about Hagrid's?

I'm very excited to ride it during my visit in June 2023, but I've never seen it that high in a list before. Did you really like the theming?

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
If you don't mind me asking @Nitefly, what is it that you and your wife rate so highly about Hagrid's?

I'm very excited to ride it during my visit in June 2023, but I've never seen it that high in a list before. Did you really like the theming?
We simply had the biggest smiles on our faces afterwards, every time. It’s pure, unadulterated fun from start to finish. Unlike others on the list, it’s far more than ‘merely’ a coaster. Buts it’s still a decent coaster in its own right.

There’s nothing else out there quite like it 🤩

rich210uk

Mega Poster
Not having a dig - that's a very respectable top 10 that is, kudos to you, Sir... except... uhm... Oziris at number 1? What's that about? Literally every other coaster in that list stomps all over Oziris. Care to explain your reasoning? I can only assume you got married on it or something, cos that's just like bizarre. Like I said, not having a dig, just genuinely curious as to what makes Oziris so special for you? 🤔

😄 Big fan of the inverts especially B&M's, 3 in my top 10 and this one just felt like it put the cherry on top. Probably didn't help we had done Banshee the week before and it was awful and maybe got a bit giddy by this one. But yeah, right to question it... the justification didn't just naturally roll off the tongue but it felt like it should be there, for me at least 🙃

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Well, finally came back from Florida which means it's time to update my rankings....some big changes and of course, some new additions (in bold)

1. Iron Gwazi - First RMC I've ever done and I seriously struggle to see how this can be beaten. Makes me incredibly excited to try out the likes of Zadra and SV. The airtime on this is my kind of airtime....tries to kill you 😂
2. Velocicoaster - Intamin's finest I'd say. Seats were so comfy, airtime where I least expected it and the experience as a whole is amazing. And the night rides....wow.
3. Mako - Still as good as I remember it back in 2018. Will always have a soft spot for this one!
4. Shambhala
5. Red Force
6. Incredible Hulk Coaster - Definitely the most intense rides I've had on this coaster this trip. Almost greyed out on a few sections.
7. Sheikra - Weirdly this one has went up quite a bit since my last rankings. Think I forgot how good that first drop is and it was way smoother this time!
8. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure - 100% the best family coaster I've ever been on. Theming is amazing and the ride is just super fun! It would be higher on my list if it was more thrilling however I totally understand the audience this ride was made for. Only downside was the wait times....wish they'd add this to the express pass 🤞
9. Guardians of the Galaxy : Cosmic Rewind - Another seriously fun coaster with some surprisingly good forces. The backwards launch is amazing and the songs really add to this ride.
10. Revenge Of The Mummy - Dropped down in my rankings quite a bit since last time. Mainly due to the new additions however Universal still has this ride in 'technical rehearsals' so there was an insane amount of downtime. Fire effects were all working which as a first for me, but a lot of the timings still seemed out however there were some clear improvements such as video quality on the screens, lightning effects and also it seemed to ride much smoother (I don't believe they actually retracked any of it)

One coaster I noticed that has dropped way down on my list was Hollywood Rip-Ride Rockit (which is controversial, I know! 😅). This used to be pretty high up on my list as I found no issues with it last time, and thought it to be super fun. But this trip totally changed my mind for a few reasons... Firstly, it was so rough, the last ride I had on it actually winded me😂. Secondly, the tracks no longer seem to be in sync with the ride (myself and other's have noticed it looks to be struggling to get over the top of the lift hill - not sure if this is intended now or if it's because it's due for maintenance soon). This coaster is really showing its age and I hope Universal can get it sorted and hopefully make it a much more comfy and smooth experience!

uwurawrus

Roller Poster
1 - Ride to Happiness - Plopsaland de Panne
2 - Iron Gwazi - Busch Gardens Tampa
3 - Taiga - Linnanmäki

4 - Zadra - Energylandia
5 - Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
6 - Taron - Phantasialand

7 - Hyperion - Energylandia
8 - VelociCoaster - Islands of Adventure
9 - Lech Coaster - Legendia
10 - Rutschebanen - Tivoli Gardens
11 - Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee

12 - Tonnerre de Zeus (Pre GG) - Parc Asterix
13 - Mako - SeaWorld Orlando
14 - F.L.Y - Phantasialand

15 - Megafobia - Oakwood
16 - Ice Breaker - SeaWorld Orlando
17 - Shambhala - Portaventura
18 - Karacho - Tripsdrill
19 - Incredible Hulk - Islands of Adventure

20 - OzIris - Parc Asterix

Everything in bold is new to my cred count this year. I've done a ton this year!
Honorary mention to
0 - Daddy Pig's Roller Coaster - Peppa Pig Theme Park and Duplo Dino Coaster - Legoland Windsor
for being some of my favourite coasters out there but refusing to rank them. I just vibe with them, yknow?

MikeWithTheMullet

Roller Poster
This is my first rankings post so feel free to judge me all you want lol.

1. Voyage
  2. Steel Vengeance
  3. Iron Gwazi
  4. Fury 325
  5. Velocicoaster
  6. Skyrush
  7. Phantom's Revenge
  8. Intimidator 305
  9. Pantheon
  10. Millennium Force
  11. Twisted Timbers
  12. Lightning Rod
  13. Maverick
  14. El Toro
  15. Copperhead Strike
  16. Montu
  17. Texas Stingray
  18. Goliath (SFGA)
  19. Wonder Woman (SFFT)
  20. Hades 360
  21. Goliath (SFOG)
  22. The Legend
  23. Nitro
  24. Kumba
  25. Orion
  26. Storm Chaser
  27. The Raven
  28. Incredible Hulk
  29. Candymonium
  30. Mako

James F

Hyper Poster
Most likely my last update of this year.

1 - Hyperion
2 - Helix
3 - Zadra
4 - Untamed
5 - Kärnan
6 - Kondaa
7 - Shambhala
8 - Taron
9 - Sheikra
10: Wodan
11: Icon
12: Silver Star
13: Kraken
14: Abyssus
15: Stealth
16: Goliath (Walibi Holland)
17: Rock 'N' Roller Coaster
18: Cheetah Hunt
19: Dragon Kahn
20: Nemesis

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
Well, I ALSO went to Florida.. and rode the Gwussy.. and it blew me away. Absolutely loved it. Rode front and back and it hit like no ones business.

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Jurassic World Velocicoaster - Islands of Adventure
3 Voyage - Holiday World
4 Hyperion - Energylandia
5 Iron Gwazi - Busch Gardens Tampa

6 Fury 325 - Carowinds
7 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
8 Zadra - Energylandia
9 Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
10 Goliath - Six Flags Great America

11 Fønix - Farup Sommerland
12 SkyRush - Hersheypark
13 Jersey Devil Coaster - Six Flags Great Adventure
14 Pantheon - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
15 Wildfire - Kolmarden
16 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
17 Afterburn - Carowinds
18 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
19 Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
20 Renegade - Valleyfair
21 Piraten - Djurs Sommerland
22 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
23 Orion - Kings Island
24 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
25 Lightning Rod - Dollywood

26 Copperhead Strike - Carowinds
27 Maverick - Cedar Point
28 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
29 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
30 Nitro - Six Flags Great Adventure

Went to Six Flags Over Georgia.. I forgot how sexy some of those rides are. Batman WAS IMMENSE and became my favorite Invert. Georgialiath was incredible again and TC was great!

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Jurassic World Velocicoaster - Islands of Adventure
3 Voyage - Holiday World
4 Hyperion - Energylandia
5 Iron Gwazi - Busch Gardens Tampa
6 Fury 325 - Carowinds
7 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
8 Zadra - Energylandia
9 Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
10 Goliath - Six Flags Great America

11 Fønix - Farup Sommerland
12 SkyRush - Hersheypark
13 Batman The Ride - Six Flags Over Georgia
14 Jersey Devil Coaster - Six Flags Great Adventure
15 Pantheon - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
16 Wildfire - Kolmarden
17 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
18 Afterburn - Carowinds
19 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
20 Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
21 Renegade - Valleyfair
22 Goliath - Six Flags Over Georgia
23 Piraten - Djurs Sommerland
24 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
25 Orion - Kings Island
26 Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
27 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
28 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
29 Copperhead Strike - Carowinds
30 Maverick - Cedar Point

CC: 510

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
#1 Cú Chulainn - Tayto Park
#2 Megafobia- Oakwood Theme Park
#3 München Looping - Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
#4 Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
#5 Smiler - Alton Towers
#6 Stealth - Thorpe Park
#7 OzIris - Parc Astérix
#8 Saw - The Ride - Thorpe Park
#9 Sik - Flamingo Land
#10 Speed - Oakwood Theme Park

Cannonball Express is out of the top 10. It spent 421 days in there, initially placing at #6.

Last edited:

RcTmix

Mega Poster

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Voyage
3. Storm Chaser
5. Mystic Timbers
6. Maverick
7. Orion
8. Lightning Run
9. Diamondback
10. Phantom's Revenge
11. Montu
Made it back to Cedar Point over the weekend to get what will likely be my last rides of the year (except for the possibility of Winterfest at KI). This list needs slight adjustment.

1. Steel Vengeance

After a front row night ride this is SOLIDLY in a tier above anything else I've ridden yet. Not that I really had any question before now, but that was probably the single greatest ride experience I've ever had.

2. Voyage

3. Maverick (+3)

I don't know what my problem was in June, but this thing is incredible. It was tough to decide whether Maverick really deserved to overtake Storm Chaser as #3. Did I really enjoy Maverick more, or was I just being a Cedar Point Fanboy (this Friday was quite a poor showing from CP, so no, it's not that). Both rides are great, but Maverick has a slight edge thanks to the ridiculous ejector over the first drop in the back row, the Stengel Dive things, and the sheer intensity throughout. While Storm Chaser fizzles out towards the end, Maverick hauls through its entire course. The pitch-black launch tunnel at night is a nice bonus.

4. Storm Chaser (-1)

5. Millennium Force (-1)

I seriously considered dropping this much further after riding somewhere in the middle of the train. It was good, but not amazing. Then I waited for the front row and remembered why I had it ranked so high. There is an unreasonable difference in quality between a front row ride and any other seat on Millie, and up front this thing is still elite. It may not be as smooth as it used to be, it may not have as much airtime as some other hypers or gigas, but the visuals, the length, and the sustained sense of speed with wind battering your body more than make up for the limited airtime.

6. Mystic Timbers (-1)

7. Orion

8. Lightning Run

9. Diamondback

10. Phantom's Revenge

11. Montu

12. Top Thrill Dragster

CC: 104

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
My latest Top 30, Kondaa has made it's way into the Top 10!

1. Zadra

2. Intimidator 305

3. Pantheon

4. VelociCoaster

5. Mako

6. Stealth

7. Fury 325

8. Maverick

9. Kondaa

10. Phantom's Revenge

11. Silver Star

12. Hakugei

13. Hyperion

14. Twisted Timburs

15. The Ride To Happiness

16. Joris en de Draak

17. Taron

18. The Voyage

19. Candymonium

20. Icon

21. Wodan

22. Fluch Von Novgorod

23. Hagrids Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

24. Oz'Iris

25. Nitro

26. Thunder Dolphin

27. Oblivion The Black Hole

28. Intimidator

29. Mystic Timburs

30. Storm Chaser

Snoo

The Legend
My latest Top 30, Kondaa has made it's way into the Top 10!

1. Zadra

2. Intimidator 305

3. Pantheon

4. VelociCoaster

5. Mako

6. Stealth

7. Fury 325

8. Maverick

9. Kondaa

10. Phantom's Revenge

11. Silver Star

12. Hakugei

13. Hyperion

14. Twisted Timburs

15. The Ride To Happiness

16. Joris en de Draak

17. Taron

18. The Voyage

19. Candymonium

20. Icon

21. Wodan

22. Fluch Von Novgorod

23. Hagrids Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

24. Oz'Iris

25. Nitro

26. Thunder Dolphin

27. Oblivion The Black Hole

28. Intimidator

29. Mystic Timburs

30. Storm Chaser
Stealth? You're killing me!

Edward M

Strata Poster
Just got done with a crazy lil coaster trip, and my top list is very different. I'm gonna save my more in depth opinions for a trip report, but I still wanna let y'all know my hot takes.

Italics for ridden this year, Bold for new this year

1. Lightning Rod
  2. El Toro
  3. Voyage
  4. Steel Vengeance
  5. Helix
  6. Beast
  7. Outlaw Run
  8. Phantom's Revenge
  9. Skyrush
  10. Iron Gwazi
  11. Taron