What's new

Fun Spot Atlanta | ArieForce One | RMC IBox Steel Coaster | 2023

Edward M

Strata Poster
1637095157930-png.14564

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I couldn't help but notice that RCDB updated to say that Joe Draves designed this coaster - Did Alan not play a role in the design of the coaster? It would explain the similarities to Maxx Force, such as the I305 turn and heartline rolls.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh, so it's like a dive drop? Like Hyperion?

Another thing about this coaster that's stupid. ;)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Somebody suggested that since this is a family-run park (even under the brand Fun Spot), it made sense that one of the higher-ups had his name on it. Just no. It is tacky and a bit pretentious...

I really don't like it when parks have the need to name a ride after a higher-up, not even great and memorable ones like Dick Kinzel (didn't CF have some ride buildings lightly named after him, like Fort Kinzel or something?)

As for the trains, well... they don't appeal to me either but if they track well, I don't care xD

ST Dog

Roller Poster
Somebody suggested that since this is a family-run park (even under the brand Fun Spot), it made sense that one of the higher-ups had his name on it. Just no. It is tacky and a bit pretentious...

But it's not named for a higher up.
It's named for his father.

Any issues you may have are with Jr.

ST Dog

Roller Poster
And yet still tacky and pretentious!
If a ride at Dollywood was named after Dolly or any of her close family, I don't think anyone would find it tacky or pretentious.

Same for a ride at Disney named after Walt or Roy.

I don't care for AF1 name. I get the point and the play on words, it just doesn't work here. But I don't find it tacky or pretentious.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
If a ride at Dollywood was named after Dolly or any of her close family, I don't think anyone would find it tacky or pretentious.

Same for a ride at Disney named after Walt or Roy.

I don't care for AF1 name. I get the point and the play on words, it just doesn't work here. But I don't find it tacky or pretentious.
Dolly Parton and Walt Disney are also national treasures. Arie Senior is not.