What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

rwinger24

Roller Poster
Do you think rides like this cost a couple of quid? Of course they care about it, it's a major investment.
Delay the ride and it’s 2 years past due date. You call that a good investment?

when it opens. The ride will rot and then it will collapse. The wood is warping in the hot Florida climate. That lawn ornament needs structure adjustments.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I was right all along. The ride will never open.

"The ride will never open"
->posts tweet directly saying it's opening next year

when it opens. The ride will rot and then it will collapse. The wood is warping in the hot Florida climate. That lawn ornament needs structure adjustments.
Well gosh darn, they better pull it down and put a steel coaster there. If the wood is rotting and warping before guests have even ridden, it can't be safe to have a wooden structure in Florida. Best to start again now before anyone has had chance to get attached to it.

rwinger24

Roller Poster
"The ride will never open"
->posts tweet directly saying it's opening next year

Well gosh darn, they better pull it down and put a steel coaster there. If the wood is rotting and warping before guests have even ridden, it can't be safe to have a wooden structure in Florida. Best to start again now before anyone has had chance to get attached to it.
Disney will open Tron and Guardians next year. Then Iron Gwazi is delayed until 2023

Nitefly

Hyper Poster

Do you think it would rot less if it was open? 🤨

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yes! Corporate just made the worst decision in roller coaster history. Delay a ride for 2 years. They better open it in January.
Clearly you are a naive soul.

dsc00512_681.jpg

RcTmix

Mega Poster
If they just cover it with a tarp I'm sure it will be fine.

While this is disappointing news for many enthusiasts, I'm guessing it's nothing compared to how the folks running BGT probably feel. To have this beautiful new coaster sitting there, but unable to open it because of the financial fallout from 2020? Brutal.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
As for AI's other suggestion that RMC Gwazi could break the hybrid records like Steel Vengeance did, I personally disagree. I always like to be optimistic and dream big with this type of project because anything is possible, but I'm not personally sure if they have enough structure to work with to create a 200ft, 70mph monster of a ride like Steel Vengeance without spending too much money for it to be financially viable.

Sorry to double post. I just went back to the beginning of the thread and found this gem from 2018. In one sense, @Matt N , seems you were quite right.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Rwinger, you sure the delays haven't given you depression? ;)

Also, if the Florida sun did warp wood, Old Gwazi wouldn't have made it to 2005 even. There's no way Iron Gwazi is already warping.

rwinger24

Roller Poster
Rwinger, you sure the delays haven't given you depression? ;)

Also, if the Florida sun did warp wood, Old Gwazi wouldn't have made it to 2005 even. There's no way Iron Gwazi is already warping.
I was just upset how corporate decided to delay it even more. And everyone is getting angry. It was advertised. This could get them a lawsuit for false advertising.

Now it is in SBNO for two years. How will they maintain it? The public will be in for a rough ride.

Attachments

• FA1E4906-A115-41CC-805F-F40A4010A148.png
    FA1E4906-A115-41CC-805F-F40A4010A148.png
    673.8 KB · Views: 42

Matt N

CF Legend
I wouldn’t worry about smoothness; New Texas Giant has been around for 10 years and is still allegedly smooth as glass! I’m yet to hear of a rough IBox coaster in the 10 years RMC has been selling them for, so I’d be surprised if Iron Gwazi was the first.

Besides, I’m sure Busch Gardens will have thought about maintenance before delaying the ride; they’ll be carrying out whatever maintenance is required to keep the ride going. It’s still periodically doing test runs, isn’t it, so it clearly isn’t anywhere near being structurally unsafe yet?

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I was just upset how corporate decided to delay it even more. And everyone is getting angry. It was advertised. This could get them a lawsuit for false advertising.

Now it is in SBNO for two years. How will they maintain it? The public will be in for a rough ride.
'A ROUGH ride' now that's being dramtatic...

emoo

Hyper Poster
This will never open and when it does it'll be too rough from never being used.

🤣

At least someone cares enough so SeaWorld don't have to.