What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm gonna guess that they aren't building a coaster due to them wanting to build their La Liga property, but PA park is way overdue for a coaster so I am really hoping so. PA is my favourite theme park and holds so much nostalgia and memories for me as I have been visiting since 2006, so fingers crossed they do end up building something incredible soon.

James F

Hyper Poster
Maybe an event announcement? I don't keep up with PA, but I feel as if I would of heard more before an official announcement of a new coaster, but who knows?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Nick13

Mega Poster
I'm gonna guess that they aren't building a coaster due to them wanting to build their La Liga property, but PA park is way overdue for a coaster so I am really hoping so. PA is my favourite theme park and holds so much nostalgia and memories for me as I have been visiting since 2006, so fingers crossed they do end up building something incredible soon.

I am going next week for the first time since 2006 (pre Furius Baco!), and really hoping ops aren’t as bad as I’ve heard about in recent years!

They are certainly due a new coaster in PA, or maybe another within Ferrari Land to make it more appealing as a 2nd gate?

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
As incredible as it would be to add even further to the clusterfuss of B&M track in the back of the park, I hope whatever they add will go into one of the less populated parts of the park. If the park gets another B&M, I would love to see a modern B&M Flyer similar to what we've seen at parks in Asia. I have no idea how they'd fit it in, but if they could get it to soar through the trees and over the paths of the Polynesian section and maybe stretch over the lake a bit, it could look stunning and finally breathe some life back into that land.

Rupert

Mega Poster

This is a possibility.
Wow. I know that this is a fan idea, but it’s brilliantly done and actually a great layout that would slot in perfectly. It would be one hell of an area of a park anywhere - Dragon Khan is really getting quite rough these days but still a strong coaster, and Shambhala is obviously one of the best in Europe/the world, so to add this would just be ridiculous. A bit gutted that obviously a B&M invert of that size and with those elements won’t be built, unless something incredibly surprising happens.

It does feel like the park needs a little something new though - whether it’s the long-hoped for RMC of Stampida (maybe unnecessary with the retracking?) or an invert or a flyer or a decent launch/multi-launch.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Yeah, from what I see on their Twitter they were just hyping up the fact that they were celebrating World Rollercoaster Day on their Social Media.. I feel like we should probably have seen this coming, we seem to get parks Twitter accounts being cryptic over nothing at least twice a week these days.

Projektion

Mega Poster
While I wouldn't say no to a Hot Racer for Ferrari Land, I wouldn't hold my breathe. In a new interview, he's said the next attraction would be part of the current LaLiga partnership.

[...] La segunda fase incluirá el diseño y desarrollo de una nueva atracción tematizada de la competición de fútbol (que no llegará antes de 2023).[...]
[...] The 2nd phase would include the design and development of a new attraction themed to the football competition (which won't arrive before 2023).[...]

Coaster & Chill

Roller Poster
Sorry to bump the thread, but we got this picture from fhbfhebhevegrsjo over PACommunity showing us construction works in the Far West area of PortAventura. They have already demolished one of the buildings housing various games. The rumours spread around are these:

- New building for a new indoor attraction, maybe indoor family coaster, maybe dark ride.
- Themed to La Liga, the spanish football league, marking a transition between the park and the future La Liga theme park (which is most probably planned to occupy the parking lot in front of Caribe Aquatic Park).

da0350fbcd55d1bc71f831f7425afb47bc52193b.jpg

The overall area affected by construction works: 7,000 sqm / 75,347 sqft.
Screenshot_1.jpg