What's new

Most ridden coasters & most visited parks?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Many of us keep tabs of our count of unique coasters ridden and unique parks visited (myself included), but after a post @Hixee made in the top 10 thread showing off his huge spreadsheet logging his total lifetime ride count and his total lifetime park visit count, I was inspired to calculate something similar regarding my own theme park enthusiasm journey. As such, I went through the surprisingly difficult task of trying to work out the coasters I have ridden most and the parks I have visited most since I became an enthusiast. So my question to you today is; what are your most ridden coasters and most visited parks, if you keep such stats?

I’ll get the ball rolling with my own findings.

To get things started, I should preface this by saying that my unique coaster count is 74 and my unique park count is 18. Also, instead of doing this over my whole lifetime, I started from 28th September 2013, which is where I started my coaster & park counts from. This may seem like a somewhat arbitrary date, but it’s significant to me because it was the date of my first Alton Towers visit where I was able to ride all of the big rides, and it’s also the first theme park visit I’d had since I’d say I was properly “into” theme parks. I know my “enthusiasm start date” is something that many have mocked me for in the past, and it probably seems strange that I don’t count what I’ve done over my entire lifespan, but data from before I got into theme parks is somewhat spotty (I’m not entirely sure what I rode pre-enthusiast, and when I visited certain places), and the potential number of creds I’d gain from using such a strategy is extremely small, if any.

Anyway, I’ll get to my stats without rambling too much more!

Overall, since September 2013, I have had 222 roller coaster rides, and I have had 60 theme park days in total.

In terms of my most ridden roller coasters of all time; the top 10 is as follows (there are 3 rides joint in 2nd, so the actual top 10 only takes up 8 places):
  1. Nemesis at Alton Towers (21 rides, first ridden 28th September 2013)
  2. Thirteen, RMT and Oblivion at Alton Towers (joint 2nd) (15 rides, first ridden 28th September 2013)
  3. Galactica at Alton Towers (5th) (13 rides, first ridden 28th September 2013)
  4. The Swarm at Thorpe Park (6th) (12 rides, first ridden 27th July 2014)
  5. The Smiler at Alton Towers (7th) (11 rides, first ridden 29th September 2013)
  6. Rita at Alton Towers (8th) (10 rides, first ridden 28th September 2013)
  7. Wicker Man at Alton Towers (9th) (9 rides, first ridden 25th March 2018)
  8. Spinball Whizzer at Alton Towers (10th) (8 rides, first ridden 28th September 2013)
In terms of my most visited theme parks (in terms of days spent at them), the top 5 is as follows (two are joint 3rd and two are joint 5th, so the top 5 only takes up 4 places). It’s worth remembering that my total number of theme park days is 60:
  1. Alton Towers (22 days, first visited 28th September 2013)
  2. Thorpe Park (7 days, first visited 27th July 2014)
  3. Universal’s Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios Florida (joint 3rd) (4 days, first visited 17th August 2014 (IOA) & 19th August 2014 (USF))
  4. Disney’s Animal Kingdom & SeaWorld Orlando (joint 5th) (3 days, first visited 23rd August 2014 (DAK) & 23rd August 2016 (SWO))
In terms of other interesting data; I also have the top 5 parks where I’ve had the most coaster rides since September 2013. It’s worth remembering that my total tally of coaster rides is currently 222:
  1. Alton Towers (103 rides, 22 days, first visited 28th September 2013)
  2. Thorpe Park (32 rides, 7 days, first visited 27th July 2014)
  3. Blackpool Pleasure Beach (18 rides, 2 days, first visited 14th August 2018)
  4. Oakwood Theme Park (11 rides, 2 days, first visited 18th July 2016)
  5. Universal’s Islands of Adventure (9 rides, 4 days, first visited 17th August 2014)

Here’s my full spreadsheet, if you’re interested to examine my data:

So, what can I infer from my data?

Well for starters, I think I can infer that my theme park visiting habits are very Alton Towers-centric; the park is where approximately 37% of my theme park days have been since September 2013, and it’s where approximately 46% of my coaster rides have taken place! In terms of the 2nd place park; it was a fair way behind Alton Towers, and it was Thorpe Park, where I’ve had approximately 12% of my theme park days and 14% of my coaster rides. Between them, the two most thrilling UK Merlin parks (arguably) are where approximately 49% of my theme park days and 61% of my coaster rides have been!

I can also infer that my coaster rides are limited to a very select few rides and my park days are limited to a very select few parks (building on the above), for the most part; on average, I have ridden a coaster in my count of 74 3 times, and I have spent approximately 3.3 days on average at a park in my count of 18.

Quite shockingly, I have ridden 40 coasters, or about 54% of my coaster count, only once, and the amount of coasters I have ridden 3 times or more (so basically, average or above) is 22, or just under 30% of my count. If you extend that to “coasters I’ve ridden an above average number of times”, or 4 times or more, it decreases even further to 15, or about 20% of my count.

In terms of parks; of the 18 I’ve visited, I have visited 8 of them, or approximately 44% of my park count, only once. In terms of parks I’ve spent an above average number of days at (so, 4 or above; I couldn’t extend to 3, as that was technically below average); that number sits at 4, or approximately 22% of my park count.

So, those are some of my nerdy stats!

But what are some of your most ridden coasters and most visited parks?

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Good idea for another list topic! I've spent the last half an hour putting this into my spreadsheet to get some sort of meaningful data for my list. There are some approximations for my pre-spreadsheet visits to Gardaland and Mirabilandia, but other than that my data should be fairly accurate. I've ridden 254 different coasters in 69 different parks (I'm not quite sure what the universe is trying to tell me keeping me at this number due to the pandemic) for a total of 589 coaster rides over 96 park visits. The remainder of my coaster count is comprised of funfair coasters of which I've ridden 52 (or technically 54, since I've done both Olympia Looping and Höllenblitz at Oktoberfest as well as in Wiener Prater) at 22 different funfairs for a total of 61 coaster rides.

My top 10 most ridden coasters are:
1. Katun, Mirabilandia (17 rides over 4 visits)
2. Troy, Toverland (15 rides on 1 visit)
3. Hyperspace Mountain, Hong Kong Disneyland (12 rides on 1 visit)
=4. iSpeed, Mirabilandia (11 rides over 4 visits)
=4. Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, Hong Kong Disneyland (11 rides on 1 visit)
=6. Ortobruco Tour, Gardaland (10 rides over 6 visits)
=6. Raptor, Gardaland (10 rides over 3 visits)
=6. Black Mamba, Phantasialand (10 rides over 3 visits)
=10. Shaman, Gardaland (9 rides over 6 visits)
=10. Blue Tornado, Gardaland (9 rides over 3 visits)

My top 5 most visited parks are:
1. Gardaland (8 visits between 1999 and 2019)
2. Mirabilandia (7 visits between 2003 and 2012)
3. Wiener Prater (7 visits between 2012 and 2017)
=4. Europa Park (3 visits between 2007 and 2016)
=4. Phantasialand (3 visits over 2015 and 2016)

Top 10 parks in which I got the most coaster rides:
1. Gardaland (56 rides on 8 different coasters)
2. Mirabilandia (48 rides on 8 different coasters)
3. Europa Park (40 rides on 13 different coasters)
4. Phantasialand (29 rides on 7 different coasters)
5. Toverland (28 rides on 4 different coasters)
6. Hong Kong Disneyland (25 rides on 3 different coasters)
7. Wiener Prater (23 rides on 13 different coasters)
8. Six Flags Magic Mountain (15 rides on 14 different coasters)
=9. Efteling (14 rides on 7 different coasters)
=9. Walibi Belgium (14 rides on 7 different coasters)

Hutch

Strata Poster
I've had 732 rides among 235 creds, which means on average I ride each single cred 3.11 times.

I'm pretty sure Canobie Lake Park is my most visited park... I think I've visited 9 times in my life... otherwise it'd be Six Flags New England with 8 visits (that'll probably wind up being number 1).

Top 10 Most Ridden Coasters:

1. Skyrush (x27, 2 visits)
2. Wicked Cyclone (x24, 4 visits since 2015)
3. Bizarro/Superman: The Ride (x23, 8 visits)
=4. Storm Chaser (x20, 4 visits)
=4. Boulder Dash (x20, 4 visits)
6. Verbolten (x17, 3 visits)
7. Phoenix (x16, 2 visits)
8. Roar-O-Saurus (x14, 1 visit)
=9. Lightning Rod (x13, 1 visit)
=9. Voyage (x13, 4 visits)

That gives Saurus, Skyrush, and Lightning Rod with the highest average rides per visit. Definitely want to continue increasing that with Skyrush <3.

opivy028

Mega Poster
I don’t keep track of counts, but Indiana Beach was one of my home parks and my fam would visit every year. I have at least 60 rides on Cornball Express. Me and my little bro and sis would marathon that thing as the day wound down and there was like no one at the park. Honestly just super intoxicating air time fun.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I never bothered to track ride count on anything in the past and in fact I still haven't officially to this day. It's only thanks to the league of goons that I've got 4 years worth of history to look back on, and then it gets hazy.

But the story doesn't end there, I've absorbed all of that history into the spreadsheet and then approximated everything prior to that. I'll endeavour to keep it up from now until the end of time.

I make it about 2209 laps across 1041 coasters for an average of 2.12 per cred. That's a lot of +1s, 708 to be precise!

It gets tricky for most ridden because I just don't know how good some of those approximations are.
Here's a top ten of confirmed figures along with a few close guesses and some other nonsense:

#1 Helix - 56 laps
#2 Icon - 54 laps
#3 Revenge of the Mummy (Singapore) - 22 laps
=4 Lightning Rod - 20 laps
=4 Expedition GeForce - 20 laps
=4 Piraten - 20 laps
----------------------------
I can only assume some other stuff lives here, starting with the two UK inverts (Nemesis and Inferno),
followed by anything from Dragon's Fury, Vampire, Stealth, Oblivion, Rage, Swarm & Balder
#7 Taiga - 15 laps
#8 Twisted Colossus - 14 laps
#9 Skyrush - 12 laps
I can only assume the rest of everything major at the UK Merlin parks and Blackpool live around here,
along with perhaps Goliath @ Walibi Holland and Lisebergbanan
#10 - Cú Chulainn - 10 laps

Everything else is single figures to my knowledge.

It's the same story for parks, but actually rather boring for two reasons. 1) Who knows how many times I went to Chessington and Thorpe on those nasty trains and buses back in the day. 2) I'm not really in the habit of revisiting places while there's still plenty of new places to go.

I make it about 423 visits across 282 parks, with 224 being single visits. The top ten includes 4 days visits for Funland at the Tropicana, so I'll end it there :oops:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't have numbers, but taking Flamingoland out of the equation, the park I've been to most has to be Hong Kong Disneyland.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say I've probably been somewhere between 50-75 times over the 8 years I've lived here.

I'm terms of coasters, Big Grizzly Mountain and Space Mountain must be close in numbers. Again, at a guess, I'd put them at 100+ rides each.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
In a similar position to some in that I could not tell you how many rides I have on some creds at the likes of Thorpe and Chessington especially, nor how many visits to those parks I made.

Here is a rough guess at some of those creds:
Nemesis Inferno140
Stealth100
The Swarm80
Saw - The Ride60
Flying Fish50
Vampire (Chessington)50
Colossus40
I honestly don't know if they're right or not, but I just put in some numbers. I expect Flying Fish is probably higher given I would have done it a lot when I was younger and visiting the family-friendly Thorpe which was a 5 minute drive away, but I really don't know.

How here's my Top 10 definite, exact ridden creds:
Taron40
Black Mamba25
Colorado Adventure20
Nemesis16
Winjas Force15
Winjas Fear15
Temple of the Nighthawk14
Galacitca / Air13
Goliath13
Rita12
I quite like how I've currently got nice round numbers for my Top 3; how pleasing.

I've spent a comparatively large number of days at Phantasialand since Taron opened (definitely in the double digits), hence the Phantasialand-dominated list. I'm sure since 2016 Inferno, Stealth and Swarm would be on this list, but I have no clue on exact numbers as I don't bother keeping track tbh.

My (again, I should stress, terrible) estimates say I have completed 1237 laps on 213 creds, giving me an average score of 5.80 rides per cred.

I haven't included park visit numbers in my spreadsheet yet, though I can definitely add that retrospectively for the last few years at least when I have the chance. Given its proximity and ease for me, Thorpe will by far be my most visited park. And I know when I was younger we were going once a week: combination of having an annual pass, proximity and there being the farm and more 'non ride' stuff to do.

Some other random facts whilst I have the sheet up / I can remember them...

I have ridden 107 creds on my list exactly once. As for other number of distinct rides, the table is:
XNumber of Creds Ridden X Times
>1022

I'm not a big person on re-riding the same ride multiple times in one day (unless obviously I really love it, or have ERT), but here's all the creds I ridden more than 5 times on one day:
Stealth (ERT)21
The Swarm (day on park in 2012)13
Taron (Hotel ERT)12
Colossus (ERT)11
The Swarm (day on park in 2013)10
El Toro; Freizeitpark Plohn (day on park)9
Taiga (day on park)9
Vuoristorata (day on park)7
Helix (day on park)6

It's been handy as I've been trying to add more details to my Spreadsheet in little pockets of free time I've had. I'm sure I'll get round to posting an update in a thread sooner or later...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I feel like I'm one step closer now to everyone being data-obsessed goons. Muhuhaha! :D

I'm fortunate (or... not?) in that I got properly into coasters after I'd already thought about at least keeping track of how many times I'd ridden things, so I think I have (with a fairly good accuracy) ride counts and park visits for everything. Here's some analysis, then.

I've ridden 694 unique coasters and a total of 1437 laps, meaning I average 2.07 laps per coaster. The top ten coasters are:
1. Nemesis, 66 laps
2. Oblivion, 21 laps
3. Galactica, 18 laps
4. Rita, 13 laps
5. Silver Star, 13 laps
6. Taron, 11 laps
7. Dragon Khan, 11 laps
8. Nemesis Inferno, 10 laps
9. Runaway Mine Train, 9 laps
10. Wodan Timbur Coaster, 9 laps

Including a histogram to give a better view of the breakdown:
zG2YHVz.png

I've visited 153 unique parks and a total 224 park visits, giving an average of 1.46 visits per park. The top five parks are:
1. Alton Towers, 15 visits
2. PortAventura Park, 7 visits
3. Thorpe Park, 6 visits
4. Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Park, 4 visits
5. Europa Park, 4 visits

Again, a histogram to give a better view of the breakdown:
Ft8wIiW.png

I then also have these two charts, looking at how the total unique coasters and laps total up per park:
HrCwYHy.png

71ldgIc.png

Most of everything is all just +1s. Not surprising, I suppose.

Fun. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I don't keep track of my ridden coasters as religiously as you guys (heck, I don't even know my coaster count, only that it's below 50), but I find it fascinating that even among the super-goons, it's somewhat uncommon to to have ridden more than 10 laps on more than 10 coasters. In a way, that's a bit strange considering how much time and energy we devote into riding coasters on every occasion.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Despite grappling with some much else on data tracking and answering data-based questions no one ever asked; ironically don't track park visits nor ride laps. Or at least, I did on an older document that went back to 2002, which was subsequently fried in a hard drive crash back in 2013. Ever since then, I just haven't been bothered to begin re-tracking or try to piece it together.

So at best guess:
  1. Most Visited Park - Absolutely Cedar Point
  2. Most Ridden Coaster - Best guess would be Iron Dragon or Raptor. Both were easy staples to park visits, especially growing up and visiting the park twice a week during high school. I feel like the answer is properly Raptor, but the world will never know.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Most Visited Park:
Probably Busch Gardens Tampa Bay - I haven't visited this park much after I moved away (only once, in 2019), but when I lived in the area, I went to Busch Gardens Tampa countless times.

Most Ridden Coaster:
I have two contenders for this category...
1. Fury 325, Carowinds - I think I've ridden this coaster somewhere around 23 times over my 5-7 visits to Carowinds?
2. Phoenix, Knoebels - I've only visited Knoebels twice (once in 2017 and once last month), and rode Phoenix only 3 times back in 2017, but on my most recent visit, I lapped Phoenix 21 times that day.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Umm. A enthusiastic local parks visitor for me.

Everland (Yongin, Gyungi-do), 14 visits
Gyeongju World (
Gyeongsangnan-do, S.Korea) 6 visits
Others are Lotte World and some Universal parks, which are 1 visit.

Draken Total 27 laps (total 5 visits)
Phaethon 22 laps (total 6 visits)
T Express total 17 laps (total 14 visits, 10 valid due to 130cm height restriction.)
Revenge of the Mummy(Singapore) 3 rides (1 visit)

Other coasters are just 1 or 2 laps. Maybe the list would change after Lotte World Busan opens.
When I grow up, I have plans to go abroad like Florida, Europe or more.

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
I rekindled my interest in coasters in April of 2019 with a trip to Six Flags over GA. Since then, I've logged 35 trips there as well as a 3 day trip to Carowinds. I definitely need to travel more.

My top 10 count is:
1Goliath (SFoG)280
2Blue Hawk164
3Twisted Cyclone64
4Dahlonega Mine Train56
5Georgia Scorcher47
6Batman The Ride (SFoG)40
7Great American Scream Machine30
8Riddler Mindbender24
9Superman - Ultimate Flight (SFoG)24
10Dare Devil Dive22

I also need to give an honorable mention to Fury 325 with 16 rides over 3 days.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Fook me, I've been to Alton Towers at least once a year since 1985, sometimes 2, 3, 4 or even 5 times in a season.
I've absolutely no idea how many times I've ridden their coasters!
But yeah, Alton is without a doubt my most visited park, and I strongly suspect Nemesis is my most ridden coaster. I remember riding it 9 times in a day once, so there's a good head start, plus all the other visits since 1994 where it's been ridden at least once per visit (unless broken).
Gotta be getting on for a 3-figure sum now, surely?

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Most visited would be Thorpe. Went at least 8 times a season from 2003-2007ish.

Nemesis Inferno is probably my most ridden due to the old single rider queue.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Alton - Nemesis - Over 200 times - Done 15 in one day when the SR line was at the exit.
Nothing else comes close.

Matt N

CF Legend
Alton - Nemesis - Over 200 times - Done 15 in one day when the SR line was at the exit.
Nothing else comes close.
And I thought my Nemesis tally of 21 was high…

To put it into perspective; you’ve done Nemesis almost as much in 1 day as I have done in 8 years, and more in 1 day than I’ve done any other coaster in my count (15 rides overall would place joint second alongside Thirteen, RMT and Oblivion).

I have a marginal update to my own stats; after Thorpe on Sunday, my overall ride count now sits at 228, my overall park day count now sits at 61, and Swarm is now my 3rd most ridden coaster with 14 rides.