What's new

World's Loudest Coaster?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Can't be as loud as Troy's!
I guess it must be the same on all GCII with station fly-throughs, right? I admit from a rider's perspective it gets oncoming riders all pumped up before experiencing the ride, but as a ride op it must be hell.

However, I don't recall any GCII platform ride ops wearing ear protection. Maybe the level sounds are more reasonable than we'd like to think...

UP87

Mega Poster
I feel like ear protection would be an increased risk for riders, other crew members and yourself. If something happens you might miss a scream or a shout. So I'd assume that ear protection is just not allowed for ride ops.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I guess it must be the same on all GCII with station fly-throughs, right? I admit from a rider's perspective it gets oncoming riders all pumped up before experiencing the ride, but as a ride op it must be hell.

However, I don't recall any GCII platform ride ops wearing ear protection. Maybe the level sounds are more reasonable than we'd like to think...

Wodan, it was optional. Some merlin parks also supply their ops with ear protection if they ask for it.

Most ear protection only really cuts out low frequency noise, so things like screaming and angry parents shouting at you, you can still hear no problem.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Surprised no one else has said this, but Tarons second launch. It's impossible to ignore that aggressive roar in the queue and it's defeaning on the ride. I absolutely love that sound!

One of my earliest childhood memories is being at Alton Towers and hearing the screech of Thunder Looper and being terrified by how loud it was!

Matt N

CF Legend
I know it’s not a coaster, but I seem to remember Falcon’s Fury being pretty loud; you could practically hear it from all over Busch Gardens Tampa!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
For any nerdo keeping track, I’ll put in vote number seven for Superman: Escape from Krypton at Magic Mountain. First thing I thought of when I saw the thread subject.

Surprised no one else has said this, but Tarons second launch. It's impossible to ignore that aggressive roar in the queue and it's defeaning on the ride. I absolutely love that sound!
Loud or not, that’s my favorite launch. Is it the most powerful I’ve experienced? Not even remotely close. But it’s the most fun!